TOOL: The Collective Unconscious

The Main Event
children
Metalologist

Re: TOOL: The Collective Unconscious

Post by children »

He let us know that Justin and Danny are on vacation, while implying that the only reason for an individual to do so would be in the case that there were no pressing matters or responsibilities ("commitments and obligations") to tend to. That must mean some sort of accomplishment has been made and they are celebrating.

Plus, the newsletter clearly mentions the "time-consuming intricacies of recording nano-guitar riffs", some sort of "change-up", "freaky stuff" on the Dry-erase board, and obtaining audio samples for the upcoming album at an Arctic Biology Research Center, which might be the reason for traveling to Alaska in the first place...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I wonder how much HB paid Blair for the shout out.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

children wrote:He let us know that Justin and Danny are on vacation, while implying that the only reason for an individual to do so would be in the case that there were no pressing matters or responsibilities ("commitments and obligations") to tend to. That must mean some sort of accomplishment has been made and they are celebrating.
No he doesn't. If fact, he seems mildly irked that they are ignoring their "commitments and responsibilities" and instead said "fuck it, let's go fishing!!"

He then uses this forum as an example and ponders what would happen to the state of things if Hellboy did the same and just fucked off and went on holiday (ie things wouldn't get done").
Plus, the newsletter clearly mentions the "time-consuming intricacies of recording nano-guitar riffs", some sort of "change-up", "freaky stuff" on the Dry-erase board, and obtaining audio samples for the upcoming album at an Arctic Biology Research Center, which might be the reason for traveling to Alaska in the first place...

The obtaining "samples" at the Arctic Biology Research Centre is clearly (or I would assume) a snide joke. As is the nano guitar riffs bit.

At the end of the newsletter, he mentions a whole lot of subjects he wanted to discuss but seemingly chose to discuss the recent Alaskan fishing trip instead.

To me it seems that they are taking this trip to celebrate(?) finishing all of their musical contributions or taking a rest in order to prepare for a very busy next few months.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I was hoping for a tasty tidbit an now it looks like we've been left wanting.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Hm. I didn't look at it that way at first but it does kind of sound like even he's kinda annoyed. But Danny's good friend or not, I doubt he'd seriously criticize them in their own newsletter. Unless maybe, someone other than him wrote that letter. Perhaps someone in the band.
Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

If a Tool forum shuts down and no one is able to read the news, does the news still happen?

My take is that there is a little frustration from Blair in regards to a lack of progress, as well as a lack of news on whatever that curveball is. No doubt Blair is now used to the usual delay tactics employed by the band, but still, I don't think he's one to get much enjoyment out of "trolling" Tool fans. I think he's rather just announce what he knows than have to put off this news month after month.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Ok, so: HB's Justin, Blair's Danny, & Cheese is Blair..

So MJK..

MoG's Maynard.

Done, figured it out.

You're welcome
also, Avatar!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ki77aan :twisted:
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Yes, Pumpkin Fucker, I've said this already.

Deviant fucking tool-guys. And their beautiful talent. Fuckers!
also, Avatar!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Who else thinks that "message from Maynard" on toolband right now is odd? I know Blair posts about Puscifer/APC quite often but it's weird that it's directly from May Jay. To me at least.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:Who else thinks that "message from Maynard" on toolband right now is odd? I know Blair posts about Puscifer/APC quite often but it's weird that it's directly from May Jay. To me at least.
I just assumed it was copy and pasted from the Puscifer website or something, but I guess not. That is kinda weird.
Don't mow your lawn
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

i've never seen him so desperate.

Wish i'd have seen this though
i'm currently in writing mode regarding the new Tool album, Adam has some nice riffs ya'll might like. Stay tuned for more information, this is all I know!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

FUCK YOU MAYNARD FOR BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR OWN PROJECT.
Insert
Maynard Believer

Post by Insert »

I think based on his twitter that ITunes fucked up putting his movie up for black Friday etc. so he probably thinks he needs to go full court press on it
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Yes, personal message from MJ..

On tooband!!..

..all about everything *but* tool.

It doesn't seem odd, but it is a blatant slap in the face.
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't really see him plugging his bands that have released stuff in the last week as a slap in the face. If he made an announcement with nothing released, then I'd be more inclined to take offense.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Insert wrote:I think based on his twitter that ITunes fucked up putting his movie up for black Friday etc. so he probably thinks he needs to go full court press on it
Yea, but he'd be better off with the left wing lock to secure a higher-volume sales release.

imho
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
fulcanelli
Bronco's Fan

Post by fulcanelli »

I seriously doubt that MJK is begging for anything. Every show I've been to were sold out (Tool, APC, Puscifer) and it sounds like his wine is also doing well.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

But I'm saying, someone pointed out its strange he posted straight to the site- & he posted everythjng on the tool site, but tool. All I'm saying.

Don't get all worked up from a post from MJ
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

When is the last time any member from Tool has posted something on Toolband about Tool
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:When is the last time any member from Tool has posted something on Toolband about Tool
That's part of the reason I found it weird. None of them ever post there about anything, it's always Blair. That APC and Puscifer were being advertised isn't strange at all, it's that it was presented as a "message from Maynard".

I'm not reading anything into it, I just found it odd.
Hey! Denty!
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

it is good right? progress having a member post something ,, no?
go taff!
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I prefer the days of 'I have nothing to tell you or sell you at the moment'
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Not Tyson wrote:I prefer the days of 'I have nothing to tell you or sell you at the moment'
Oh glorious past...

http://beta.southparkstudios.com/clips/ ... rt=airdate
Ahhh, Infotainment!
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

I would like to see a new 'webcast'
go taff!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Fuck yes!

Actually, if they just did it AOL only or something I think they'd cement their rightful place as greatest band ever.