TOOL: The Collective Unconscious

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: TOOL: The Collective Unconscious

Post by hellboy »

It was God's will that cheese won that competition. Also the money he paid me - thanks cheesy!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Lulz
Ki77aan :twisted:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Revive Notes from The Crew again please.

BMB, you f'n lurker: make it happen.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Kittaan wrote:Revive Notes from The Crew again please.

BMB, you f'n lurker: make it happen.

Seconded!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

What is that?
Hey! Denty!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Ravenpig wrote:What is that?

It was a section on TA. Very cool to get the crew's perspective of the ongoing tour.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:What is that?
TA > Doctrine > Crewnotes

Started back in 2007, with sporadic entries until 2011. I found it pretty interesting. Wish they had this going from the beginning (early 90's), I bet it would be fascinating reading.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I see, thanks for the replies. It was on TA only?
Hey! Denty!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:I see, thanks for the replies. It was on TA only?
Yup
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Post some excerpts for us poor folk
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not Tyson wrote:Post some excerpts for us poor folk
OK, a random pull:

01 December, 2007 (07:12pm)
Dead sparrows and flying chairs

British Columbia in all its pristine glory and mostly lovely people are starting to help me heal over the wounds suffered during our border crossing. Kelowna was a great stop for our night off. We pulled in early in the afternoon after a very long drive from Saskatoon. Highlights of the drive included some of the most spectacular mountain country on earth, moose sightings and the jarring vision of being caught head on by a flight of sparrows at top speed. Approximately seven of them lost their lives from having their little bodies dashed to pieces on the windshield. Those who witnessed this were speechless, those who did not were not told about the incident until much later. They were pretty too; black and brown with bits of yellow. Fortunately no one said anything crass like, "DUUUUDE that was so gnarley!" My busmates are mostly pretty civilized and compassionate that way. The show the next day started off all right until some folks up front started taking the chairs apart (seated floor show), stomping on them and generally abusing their fellow concert goers. Its a Tool show everyone, not a prison riot. I dont feel bad for anything that happens to these people once security gets a hold of them. A bunch of our crew spends the next ten minutes helping security clear the dismantled chairs out of the crowd and throwing them in a heap by the side of the stage. What a waste. The next day here in Victoria is beautiful. We arrive on a large ferry from the mainland and most of the crew wakes up to go on deck and take in the sights. Wow, roadies enjoying nature!!!! One of our local stagehands was a photographer back in the sixties. He's been showing me pictures he took of John Lennon and Yoko in Montreal and some other stuff of Jim Morrison. Its always a treat to run into these oldsters with cool stories. Thanks for laying the groundwork oh great ancients! Its time to think about getting Trans Am on stage soon. They have been good about showing up on time and I would hate to see them break their streak...
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

And here are the last 3 entries... would have liked to see more. Not sure if Eric moved on, or just didn't feel like contributing? Junior, you there? Care to weigh in?
18 February, 2011 (12:02pm)
The Land Of The Future

I reluctantly opened the curtain of my hotel window and it was now very dark. Totally dark except for the wide view of the Los Angeles International Airport tarmac, all lit up in long lines of markers and beacons and all the safe sureties of a professionally administered fly-out that I was required to be at very soon. I'm still at LAX, shit.... Normal people go to the airport because they can't wait to begin their vacation, because they are really looking forward to scoring that contract for the office, or are dreaming about all the money they get to make when they get rid of that load of mdma after passing through Customs. I go to the airport thinking about the way I'm going to cram the in-flight magazines against my chest as a body shield and how best to protect my head with my back-pack during a water landing. I'm a bad flyer. I like trains. I like boats even better. I wish I was a librarian sometimes. But, there is work to do. And so off I go with the rest; to work. "Whistle while you work, Hitler is a jerk, Mussolini bit his weenie, Now it doesn't work!" I sing this sad little ballad into my poor little pillow and sing many others for some fourteen hours until finally we arrive. And then, its like nothing ever happened. I'm outside, there is warm fragrant air and green, green, green all around. An entire day has slipped away under the carpet of the economy-class seating area. Monday has become Wednesday and we are safe and at peace in The Land Of The Future.

12 February, 2011 (06:02am)
Who knew Kirk Hammet enjoys wearing flowery shirts and flip-flops? Well, he does. He also seems to enjoy bringing a spare guitar down to town once in a while to make some music with his friends who are visiting for the day. Frank immediately condemed the strings on the guitar as being too old and mushy and replaced them all after a brief consultation with the owner following soundcheck. A special guest appearance for Lateralus deserves top gear in top condition, afterall. Too bad we had a small problem with the mic connection on Kirks amp right when he went on stage, but the situation was salvaged with grace and his contribution to the evening was a marvel to witness. Honolulu is an odd place. At times I felt like I could have been in Las Vegas or Miami, and not in a good way. Trash in the streets, bad tourists, people sleeping on the curb. An early early morning swim at the beach on show day was a nice distraction from the reality, but I fear that this city had its best day a very long time ago. Mahalo. We recovered from show day and dragged ourselves to the airport for an alleged lunch hour flight that did not actually come to be until around ten p.m. I'm terribly grateful that the airline deemed our ship to be un-fit for travel over some thousands of miles of empty blue ocean, but we were pretty stir crazy by the time we finally found a flight to get us back to L.A. We made the LAX Raddison around seven thirty in the morning, some of us hit the bar briefly for beverages and breakfast, all of us slept through the day and then found eachother back in the lobby for an all-nighter fly down to Auckland. Now the real trip was on.

08 February, 2011 (01:02am)
Big Day Over

It's my last day in Australia after a month spent with Tool family and friends. The Captain and I need to leave the hotel at 3:30 a.m. so tonight will be an early one, hopefully with our old FOH audio tech, Erik joining us for dinner. We had a great trip, some cool shows and great days off here in the summertime of the southern hemiphere. Flights were delayed and missed, rock star grave sites were visited, sunburn and dehydration were endured, people ended up in swimming pools with their clothes on, Iggy let way too many kids get on stage, and stuff was set on fire. Not bad. I've obviously got a lot more reportage to do for you; gotta keep Blaire off my back afterall. Let me know what you want to hear about and I'll see what I can do. Thanks, Eric
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

So I walked in the record store yesterday.
I stumbled onto a CD that just said "TOOL for the fans".
The said "TOOL for the fans" cd was only six US doll hairs.
Luckily my hair looks like doll hair so I purchased Cd.

I opened it. I came. Twice. In... My... Cargo shorts!

I inserted the CD into my truck CD player, 'twas a blank disk.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

Blair has hinted at some more shows to be released on Toolband. Keep an eye out!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Baahumbug wrote:So I walked in the record store yesterday.
I stumbled onto a CD that just said "TOOL for the fans".
The said "TOOL for the fans" cd was only six US doll hairs.
Luckily my hair looks like doll hair so I purchased Cd.

I opened it. I came. Twice. In... My... Cargo shorts!

I inserted the CD into my truck CD player, 'twas a blank disk.
Did you try to play it backwards?
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote:Blair has hinted at some more shows to be released on Toolband. Keep an eye out!
I dunno, I read the hint more that there won't be any other shows. We'll see I guess!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

There will be more shows
if the Xerdontrug exmorphisizes
from its graptomenetric cavern and releases
the Golden Ratio of Elixer goodies
(Clommy Pipel pending, for those of you who
haven't read the last
newsletter I wrote while listening to a
certain band on
45 speed while tripping on
armadillo piss-cookies).
Of course, that depends on if someone
- and I won't mention any Maynard names here -
tries to serve Danny beer from a can.
If that happens
it's on like Donkey Kabobs.

Happy Trails.

ILC
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Proof positive. CMB

Cheese McKenzie Baked
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

ilikecheese wrote:The above post is intended for the purpose of entertainment. It is not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
also known as . . .
My pain is just an excuse

Post by also known as . . . »

Kittaan wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Post some excerpts for us poor folk
OK, a random pull:

01 December, 2007 (07:12pm)
Dead sparrows and flying chairs

British Columbia in all its pristine glory and mostly lovely people are starting to help me heal over the wounds suffered during our border crossing. Kelowna was a great stop for our night off. We pulled in early in the afternoon after a very long drive from Saskatoon. Highlights of the drive included some of the most spectacular mountain country on earth, moose sightings and the jarring vision of being caught head on by a flight of sparrows at top speed. Approximately seven of them lost their lives from having their little bodies dashed to pieces on the windshield. Those who witnessed this were speechless, those who did not were not told about the incident until much later. They were pretty too; black and brown with bits of yellow. Fortunately no one said anything crass like, "DUUUUDE that was so gnarley!" My busmates are mostly pretty civilized and compassionate that way. The show the next day started off all right until some folks up front started taking the chairs apart (seated floor show), stomping on them and generally abusing their fellow concert goers. Its a Tool show everyone, not a prison riot. I dont feel bad for anything that happens to these people once security gets a hold of them. A bunch of our crew spends the next ten minutes helping security clear the dismantled chairs out of the crowd and throwing them in a heap by the side of the stage. What a waste. The next day here in Victoria is beautiful. We arrive on a large ferry from the mainland and most of the crew wakes up to go on deck and take in the sights. Wow, roadies enjoying nature!!!! One of our local stagehands was a photographer back in the sixties. He's been showing me pictures he took of John Lennon and Yoko in Montreal and some other stuff of Jim Morrison. Its always a treat to run into these oldsters with cool stories. Thanks for laying the groundwork oh great ancients! Its time to think about getting Trans Am on stage soon. They have been good about showing up on time and I would hate to see them break their streak...
I went to the Kelowna show.......... T'was SPESHULL!! till the Meth wore off!
seen'em everywhere man
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

I was at the Victoria show.......when I walked passed the tour buses I did see 'southpark' on the tour bus tv. great show
go taff!
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

hellboy wrote:
Capt. Shipwreck wrote:Blair has hinted at some more shows to be released on Toolband. Keep an eye out!
I dunno, I read the hint more that there won't be any other shows. We'll see I guess!
Reread, you might be right there.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

VIP PACKS STILL AVAILABLE - THESE INCLUDE AMAZING SEATS
Kittan, where are you expecting the 'seats' to be at the all general admission SF Civic, right above the soundboard?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

bonebroke wrote:
VIP PACKS STILL AVAILABLE - THESE INCLUDE AMAZING SEATS
Kittan, where are you expecting the 'seats' to be at the all general admission SF Civic, right above the soundboard?
I honestly don't know what they are planning. I think we will get a clue after reports come in for other GA venues before our shows. I'm only doing VIP the first night. Still can't quite believe I pulled the trigger, but looking forward to checking it out. Second night going with a buddy and we'll likely try for some decent seats upstairs to get a different perspective. You going both nights?
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

Kittaan wrote: You going both nights?
Yes, I was able to get tix for both (with help on first night). Plan on taking Wed/Thur off from work.
Tough making it to shows on 'school' nights.

Was upstairs for July 2010 and the 07 show. Lasers at the end are great from above.
But I think I'm going to stay downstairs this time. Beer lines are horrendous on both floors.
I still listen to the audio for 2010 show. I hope that guy goes again. Did a great job of capturing the music and diffusing the crowd noise.