The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
MOG
Scissorman

Re: The Grudge

Post by MOG »

Kittaan wrote:For any new or new-ish members: This thread was created expressly for venting frustration about Tool (delays, laziness, what the fuck ever / real or imagined!).

It is here to gather any and all vitriol, in order to keep it out of all the other threads (we can dream, right?)

So, when the regular Tool bashers go at it here, by all means engage them if you want, but refrain from reprimanding them for Tool bashing. After all, that's why the thread is here...
^ See that is the kind of sarcasm that you can be proud of. That is why I love Kittaan. Well that and his enormous penis. Oh and his love for King Crimson and Steven Wilson. Oh wait and his love of Jazz/Fusion.

Shit wtf? Do I have a man crush on Kittaan? Well fuck me in the face and call me Tyson.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

The thread is called "the grudge"
Not the grudge against tool... My grudge or "hate" is towards mog, not as a person because dude I bet you're a cool ass guy in real life.. Good taste in music and you have good structured arguments. You don't just babble on like some people on here.
But seriously you keep bashing Tool about this whole 8 years between the album shit and their laziness and whatever else.
I'm simply asking why?
Why judge on that? Do you judge all the bands you listen to on albums they haven't released yet?
I'm just saying judge them on opiate, undertow, aenema, lateralus and 10,000 days.
So much hate for something that doesn't exist yet.

That's all I have to say... I hope all you people have a great day or night depending where you are in the world.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Baahumbug wrote:The thread is called "the grudge"
Not the grudge against tool... My grudge or "hate" is towards mog, not as a person because dude I bet you're a cool ass guy in real life.. Good taste in music and you have good structured arguments. You don't just babble on like some people on here.
But seriously you keep bashing Tool about this whole 8 years between the album shit and their laziness and whatever else.
I'm simply asking why?
Why judge on that? Do you judge all the bands you listen to on albums they haven't released yet?
I'm just saying judge them on opiate, undertow, aenema, lateralus and 10,000 days.

That's all I have to say... I hope all you people have a great day or night depending where you are in the world.
Cuz Hate is fun and it causes a stir. It also causes Chaos, which, when spun up amongst a group of Maynard loving TTFers is borderline orgasmic.

Plus you are missing the point. I am not hating on the new album. It doesn't exist yet. I am hating on the band for the amateur hour act that has caused this absurd delay and the bullshit cash grab tours and re-releases of late, particularly when the band said they wouldn't tour again until the album was finished. An album that by all accounts was supposed to be finished two years ago. Five years between albums is ridiculous. Seven years between albums is absurd. Eight or Nine years between albums is pure fucking laziness. And when Adam Jones is asked why the delay and he responds simply with, "Because we can"...well I find that to be rather pathetic. It is a slap in the face to all of the fans that have been on this Tool shit since the beginning. It is an indication that a once relevant band has become complacent and as a result has become barely relevant. The only reason anyone still gives a shit is because they have a rabid fanbase that busts a collective nut at the mere mention of a tour or ANYTHING new.

Bottom line it is pathetic. Tool is not a band that warrants respect any longer. Just a bunch of lazy rich guys selling shit to a fanbase that enables their lack of professionalism by gobbling up their bullshit smoke and mirror act.

The best part, of course, is the reactions from Tool fans. Nothing better than a Tool fanboi waxing poetic about hidden song meanings and spiraling out.

So I am gonna call bullshit. Why? Because I enjoy it. It's a good stress reliever and something to amuse myself with during slower moments at work.

Why do I stick around Fourth Eye? Because it is still the best general music forum around. I have discovered many bands as a result of being a member on the forums here. I have also turned other people on to some quality bands and will continue to pimp out good new bands as often as possible.

tl;dr obviously, but you seemed to want an honest response so for once, you got one.
Baahumbug
Fanboi

Post by Baahumbug »

Thanks man! I can really respect that answer... Also I really agree with you about it all, tool should be losing a lot of respect for their way of going about things and to be completely honest I'm not a fanboy like I was back in 2001.

I could really give a fuck less about the 4 members of Tool and what they do.
I just like the music.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Baahumbug wrote:Thanks man! I can really respect that answer... Also I really agree with you about it all, tool should be losing a lot of respect for their way of going about things and to be completely honest I'm not a fanboy like I was back in 2001.

I could really give a fuck less about the 4 members of Tool and what they do.
I just like the music.
I still like the music as well, although I rarely ever listen to Tool at this point. Not a knock per say, just too much good music out there to explore. I revisit Tool now and again. Sort of like running into an old friend. And Lateralus is one of the 10 best albums ever written, any genre, no doubt about it. They might have become a bunch of lazy fucks but they have written some great music.
Baahumbug
Fanboi

Post by Baahumbug »

So true!! So much great music out there.

My one big knock about Tool is this fan base, who hold onto every word the 4 members say as if they are non human and can do no wrong.
They are 4 dudes that got lucky their music was discovered.

It's just music and no matter how good it is it won't solve the problems of the world today.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Baahumbug wrote: I could really give a fuck less about the 4 members of Tool and what they do.
You'd fuck less for Tool? Fuck that
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

MOG wrote:
I'm simply asking why?

Cuz Hate is fun and it causes a stir. It also causes Chaos, which, when spun up amongst a group of Maynard loving TTFers is borderline orgasmic.

Plus you are missing the point. I am not hating on the new album. It doesn't exist yet. I am hating on the band for the amateur hour act that has caused this absurd delay and the bullshit cash grab tours and re-releases of late, particularly when the band said they wouldn't tour again until the album was finished. An album that by all accounts was supposed to be finished two years ago. Five years between albums is ridiculous. Seven years between albums is absurd. Eight or Nine years between albums is pure fucking laziness. And when Adam Jones is asked why the delay and he responds simply with, "Because we can"...well I find that to be rather pathetic. It is a slap in the face to all of the fans that have been on this Tool shit since the beginning. It is an indication that a once relevant band has become complacent and as a result has become barely relevant. The only reason anyone still gives a shit is because they have a rabid fanbase that busts a collective nut at the mere mention of a tour or ANYTHING new.

Bottom line it is pathetic. Tool is not a band that warrants respect any longer. Just a bunch of lazy rich guys selling shit to a fanbase that enables their lack of professionalism by gobbling up their bullshit smoke and mirror act.

The best part, of course, is the reactions from Tool fans. Nothing better than a Tool fanboi waxing poetic about hidden song meanings and spiraling out.

So I am gonna call bullshit. Why? Because I enjoy it. It's a good stress reliever and something to amuse myself with during slower moments at work.

Why do I stick around Fourth Eye? Because it is still the best general music forum around. I have discovered many bands as a result of being a member on the forums here. I have also turned other people on to some quality bands and will continue to pimp out good new bands as often as possible.

tl;dr obviously, but you seemed to want an honest response so for once, you got one.
Holy shit this guy has issues
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

Idk why you'd have a problem with the 'spiral out' motif, MOG. Personally I think it's a positive M.O. for those who have a tough time trudging through the muck of daily bullshit. 'Spiral out, keep going' in it's beautifully done Lateralus form has probably saved a few lives over the years. I think it deserves more respect than you give it; it doesn't deserve being chastised by a forum troll.
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

MOG wrote:Since Dickface, I mean Hellboy, locked the other thread I figured we could start back up over here.

OOOOOH!!!!! Bitch bitch!!
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

wow.....13 pages of bitchin on the 'tool mexico' page...now its closed...you guys are a bunch of idiots.......
go taff!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

budsyralli wrote:wow.....13 pages of bitchin on the 'tool mexico' page...now its closed...you guys are a bunch of idiots.......
Man... now I really want a taco.
Don't mow your lawn
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Yeah I thought the same thing. By the time I realized it was there it was closed. My dumbass was trying to post on the main board.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

And what the fuck is this bronco's fan shit? Must be an inside joke
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

I don't watch football...I don't have cablevision
go taff!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I was talking about horses. Those fucking broncos buck too much!
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

MOG wrote:
I'm simply asking why?

No matter what you say, Mog, art cannot be rushed; that is the bottom line.

TOOL are going to take their sweet time with their music whether you, or anyone else, like it or not. And that is respectable, in my opinion.

I do understand your perspective, by the way. There was never any confusion on my end, as to what your opinion is. I just happen to think that your perspective is an absolutely self-centered one.

TOOL fought for their creative control and deserve every right to it. I am one hundred percent positive that what goes on during TOOL's artistic process is completely beyond your comprehension. If you had an understanding of what it takes to make a TOOL record you would NOT be complaining. You actually believe TOOL are in it for the money. That is fucking absurd.

You are just angry about something that you can't wrap your mind around, and that bothers the fuck out of you because you are a wannabe know-it-all.

Your ego is getting in the way of your core-self, and you see the world in a one-way, linear dimension. Logistics is not the only way to think, you pretentious cunt; especially when you're a fucking narcissist.

So who the fuck are you to say they are taking too long? Maybe these 8 years have been necessary and it was the perfect amount of time TOOL needed to write the possibly final record they will ever release. We are lucky they have come as far as they have anyway...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

shit's getting old fellas.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

@Budy - Eat a dick

@NY - This IS the Grudge man. HATE HATE HATE!

@Children - You are a fucking idiot.

Fuck TOOL
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

real mature, Mog...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children wrote:real mature, Mog...
You don't deserve a mature response. Fuck you don't really deserve any response but you do provide me with a great deal of amusement. You are a fanboi in the worst kind of way. Acting like Tool's music and their process is some kind of mystical shit. They write music like everyone else writes music. That typically involves using instruments, understanding music theory (in varying degrees depending on what you are after) and playing said instruments in varying arrangements until you get something you like and then refining from there. Nothing mystical about it. Tool is no different than any other band when it comes to writing. They are just one of the laziest bands on the planet because they know they can get away with it because their fan base is comprised of, in large part, fucking rabid, delusional, idiots.

Thankfully this particular forum has quite a few solid fans. We might not agree on Tool at all but I respect their position. You I don't respect on any level. You are one of the delusional idiots. So go fucking search for hidden songs or the meaning of life or some other metabullshit that is not grounded in reality. Your favorite band has become a joke.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

#TOOL2014!!!
inspiration_tactic
Has been

Post by inspiration_tactic »

MOG you stole my watch you son-of-a-bitch!
choose to spiral out... or shut the fuck up
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

inspiration_tactic wrote:MOG you stole my watch you son-of-a-bitch!
Na that's gonna be Tyson in 10 years. Well that's if his liver holds up.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Looks nothing like me, pretty sure that's Kittaan.