The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: The Grudge

Post by xZ1mM3r »

i have question regarding Tool setlists. Does anyone know if/or how much the setlist changes from show to show? obviously it changes a lot for each tour but i mean how much could it differ from the Spokane show to the Mexico show? I only ask because in a different thread we were talking about songs we would want to see performed live, my hope is for Eulogy, but knowing they are doing this mini tour really as practice before the festivals in Mexico, is there a chance they dont play their "less popular" stuff and kind of stick to the songs everyone knows and can jam to in a concert, ie. Jambi, Aenima, Lateralus ect.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

It may change by a song or two every couple of shows but it'll be basically the same set all the way through.
Hey! Denty!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote:Hey look Tool is touring again buuuuuuuuut.......................no new album.................shocker

Tool has announced yet another cash grab Tour with no new album in sight. Slow clap for overpaying to see a band play the same old songs we have all heard thousands of times. Pathetic.

Agreed on the pathetic bit. It's totally unnecessary. I'm sure the fans would prefer a new album then a tour supporting that new album where they could hear the new material played live - rather than (as you said) playing a bunch of songs that we've all heard 20,000 times before just....because.

It's like back in high school, when there's a particular assignment that you don't want to begin because it's freakin' hard, so you put it off and do everything BUT that particular assignment, so you can at least feel like you are accomplishing SOMETHING. That's the impression I get with the new Tool album. It's as if there's some HUGE mental block there somewhere that they just DON'T want to face. Either there's not enough material or the material they do have just isn't cutting the mustard. And in order for them to get back on the right track they had to sit down, focus and work their asses off for a considerable period and they AVOID doing that at all costs because it's HARD. They lost that desire to create. They have grown fat and lazy and complacent in their old age. Why sweat it out in the studio when you can go on a surfing safari in Hawaii or fishing in Alaska?? It's why Maynard is SO grouchy when it comes to discussing a new album - because the other three fucks won't get their fingers out of their collective buttholes and tow the line. "Fuck those guys" he must think. "I'm just about done with that band - I'll go it alone. There's at least ONE guy left in this band with a creative bone in his body". So he off and does Puscifer. And the fans wonder why he won't talk Tool??

Maybe he thinks a life of nachos, bongs and playstation is an unacceptable end for such a unique bunch of individuals.....

Anyway, see you in October 2015 new Tool.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

10,000 days 'till the next album. Fuck you.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I hope they play an entire set of new shit for Mexico
THEN
do all the other shows with sets as bland and as boring as can be...with bad vocals...
and squeals and squelches ...
and bad natural lighting and venues that can't accommodate ...
flying helicopters and certain decibel levels...
and stuff...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote:
M0G wrote:Hey look Tool is touring again buuuuuuuuut.......................no new album.................shocker

Tool has announced yet another cash grab Tour with no new album in sight. Slow clap for overpaying to see a band play the same old songs we have all heard thousands of times. Pathetic.

Agreed on the pathetic bit. It's totally unnecessary. I'm sure the fans would prefer a new album then a tour supporting that new album where they could hear the new material played live - rather than (as you said) playing a bunch of songs that we've all heard 20,000 times before just....because.

It's like back in high school, when there's a particular assignment that you don't want to begin because it's freakin' hard, so you put it off and do everything BUT that particular assignment, so you can at least feel like you are accomplishing SOMETHING. That's the impression I get with the new Tool album. It's as if there's some HUGE mental block there somewhere that they just DON'T want to face. Either there's not enough material or the material they do have just isn't cutting the mustard. And in order for them to get back on the right track they had to sit down, focus and work their asses off for a considerable period and they AVOID doing that at all costs because it's HARD. They lost that desire to create. They have grown fat and lazy and complacent in their old age. Why sweat it out in the studio when you can go on a surfing safari in Hawaii or fishing in Alaska?? It's why Maynard is SO grouchy when it comes to discussing a new album - because the other three fucks won't get their fingers out of their collective buttholes and tow the line. "Fuck those guys" he must think. "I'm just about done with that band - I'll go it alone. There's at least ONE guy left in this band with a creative bone in his body". So he off and does Puscifer. And the fans wonder why he won't talk Tool??

Maybe he thinks a life of nachos, bongs and playstation is an unacceptable end for such a unique bunch of individuals.....

Anyway, see you in October 2015 new Tool.
^ Yup all that. Although I don't believe for a second that ole Jimmy gives much of a shit. He HATES Tool. It's obvious he has hated being involved in Tool for some time now.

@Nate - Whats happening man? I missed you crazy fuckers.
The most intelligent person on this forum
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

^why did they let you out dude?
that's a break right there...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ilikecheese wrote:^why did they let you out dude?
I see what you did there.

@Nate - Who is this asshole using your name in his sig? There is only one '][' [[]] [[]] ][, .....kinda like Highlander. You two should have at it.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

M0G wrote:I see what you did there.
The more things change
the more they stay the same.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:^why did they let you out dude?
I see what you did there.

@Nate - Who is this asshole using your name in his sig? There is only one '][' [[]] [[]] ][, .....kinda like Highlander. You two should have at it.
Hey fuck stick, I made my sig before I saw that guy so halt with the name calling.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Even still, it's a little disrespectful to keep the sig tbh.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:Even still, it's a little disrespectful to keep the sig tbh.

Hahahaha disrespectful??? Is this first come first serve or something? It's a damn signature. Everyone wants drama. Btw I saw this sig on YouTube months ago..He's not the first. This is like elementary school... I should change my sig to hellboy
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

"][" ([]) ([]) ][_

'][' [[]] [[]] ][,

Clearly there is a difference... I see no infringement.
Professor of Lesbian Science
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

basejumper wrote:"][" ([]) ([]) ][_

'][' [[]] [[]] ][,

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious lol but either way, at the end of the day it's a damn signature on a free forum about a fucking band. Get over it
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It is a damn fine signature
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:It is a damn fine signature
Much like your beard
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Now that's the way to resolve conflict.

I do believe we're getting a much finer crop of new members (or n00bz) this time around the Tool "news" cycle.
Ki77aan :twisted:
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

My ears were ringing. Shit, I thought that dude was using my screen name in his sig 'cause I'm so amazing. Oh well.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

YOU ARE! ;)
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Can we stop talking about signatures and start dissing the hold up on the new Tool album??

Thankyou!!

Save the signature talk for The Fourtheye Signature thread.

:evil:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

If Tool spent as much time writing their album as I did changing signatures those cunts would be done by now
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Quality grumpiness.
Ki77aan :twisted:
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
basejumper wrote:"][" ([]) ([]) ][_

'][' [[]] [[]] ][,

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious lol but either way, at the end of the day it's a damn signature on a free forum about a fucking band. Get over it
Hey asshole, I'm on your side!
I'm over it :P
Professor of Lesbian Science
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Haha I like you basejumper. Oh and btw... Where's the damn album?!?!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Calfium Jay wrote:Can we stop talking about signatures and start dissing the hold up on the new Tool album??

Thankyou!!

Save the signature talk for The Fourtheye Signature thread.

:evil:
^ My favorite hipster.

Hey fuckface you said nothing about the Sunn O))) / Ulver upcoming release. Have you heard the preview that is out? I have busted at least two nuts.

Oh and as for Tool, did you ever imagine you would see the day when Tool became Guns and Roses? This album is obviously their Chinese Democracy.