The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: contains insufficient vitriol)

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:Tool fans are delusional. That timeline gets posted and the first response is positive? WOW.......There isn't a facepalm large enough to adequately express the bands utter failure on every conceivable level. It is unfathomable to me that most of you are still Tool fans.
I see where you are coming from 100%... But for myself, I am a fan of Tool for the music they release, not for the music that hasn't been released.

If lateralus was tools ONLY album, and it was released in 1950, I'd still be listening to it. Their music is good. Period. Do I want the new album? Of fucking course. But like I said, I'm a fan of their MUSIC not their interviews or build up or false promises, I don't give a rip about that. The music I have right now on my iPhone is why I'm a tool fan.

But this is the grudge. So where the fuck is my new album Adam jones!!!! Fuck you!!!!
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

I have to agree with Mog. I saw that timeline video and it made me very sad.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

badkittygothgirl wrote:I have to agree with Mog. I saw that timeline video and it made me very sad.
Did you forget it's been 8 years and you needed a compilation of interviews to remind you?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
M0G wrote:Tool fans are delusional. That timeline gets posted and the first response is positive? WOW.......There isn't a facepalm large enough to adequately express the bands utter failure on every conceivable level. It is unfathomable to me that most of you are still Tool fans.
I see where you are coming from 100%... But for myself, I am a fan of Tool for the music they release, not for the music that hasn't been released.

If lateralus was tools ONLY album, and it was released in 1950, I'd still be listening to it. Their music is good. Period. Do I want the new album? Of fucking course. But like I said, I'm a fan of their MUSIC not their interviews or build up or false promises, I don't give a rip about that. The music I have right now on my iPhone is why I'm a tool fan.

But this is the grudge. So where the fuck is my new album Adam jones!!!! Fuck you!!!!
I understand dude. Right brain left brain sort of thing. No shot taken at you. Just truly puzzles me. Particularly the other old timers. Watching this devolution happen over the last 4 years while Tool fans still hang on every lie that comes out. I don't reward bullshit and a lack of professionalism. Tool legitimately disgusts me.
The most intelligent person on this forum
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

M0G wrote:I understand dude. Right brain left brain sort of thing. No shot taken at you. Just truly puzzles me. Particularly the other old timers. Watching this devolution happen over the last 4 years while Tool fans still hang on every lie that comes out. I don't reward bullshit and a lack of professionalism. Tool legitimately disgusts me.
The way you talk about Tool is the same language Elliot Rodger used about women.

Someone alert the authorities.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:

I understand dude. Right brain left brain sort of thing. No shot taken at you. Just truly puzzles me. Particularly the other old timers. Watching this devolution happen over the last 4 years while Tool fans still hang on every lie that comes out. I don't reward bullshit and a lack of professionalism. Tool legitimately disgusts me.
Yeah I didn't feel you were directing that at me anyways lol. Just saying my two cents. I'm a new tool fan and even I am getting frustrated with the build up.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

They could go ahead & stop now, I'd be just as satisfied. Go ahead & take 10k back even.
also, Avatar!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

trilobite wrote:They could go ahead & stop now, I'd be just as satisfied. Go ahead & take 10k back even.
I could never give back the Wings series
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
badkittygothgirl wrote:I have to agree with Mog. I saw that timeline video and it made me very sad.
Did you forget it's been 8 years and you needed a compilation of interviews to remind you?

No, having all the soundbites in one place of them discussing the new album for the last 4 years. Trust me, I haven't forgotten how long it's been.
Jool
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Jool »

M0G wrote:It is unfathomable to me that most of you are still Tool fans.
It is unfathomable how much you care. Wear the grudge like a clown MOG. :oops: :oops: :oops:

and fuck to tool.
#9[align=center]#9[/align][align=right]#9[/align]
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

Not Tyson wrote:
M0G wrote:I understand dude. Right brain left brain sort of thing. No shot taken at you. Just truly puzzles me. Particularly the other old timers. Watching this devolution happen over the last 4 years while Tool fans still hang on every lie that comes out. I don't reward bullshit and a lack of professionalism. Tool legitimately disgusts me.
The way you talk about Tool is the same language Elliot Rodger used about women.

Someone alert the authorities.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously...why would I hate a band that has given me so many memorable moments especially in my teen years when I was just beginning to truly evolve as a human. So what they haven't come out with a new album in 'X' amount of years. Should I hate Led Zeppelin and curse John Bonham for being dead and not coming out with a new ALBUM when I WANT. Big fucken deal. I still get to see them live every year or two and I have a blast doing so. I still see live shows (2 in the last week), about 1-2 a month, and stay occupied with other music, work, friends, family and life. For example, if I'm cruising down the highway and The Grudge comes on I'm not like "oh man fuck this band they haven't come out with new music in 8 years", instead I'm like "Fuck yeah this song rocks, it reminds me of so many amazing times I saw this live etc". Everyone needs to get over 'hating' a band because they won't release music when you want. I do not disagree that it's taken more time than usual, but if you are living life to the fullest, and enjoying everything that is thrown your way, big fucken deal a band you really like hasn't come out with a new album.With all the horrible shit that has happened to myself and close friends and family over the past few years, and trust me the struggles have been STRONG, a band (Pink Floyd was just a band, Radiohead is just a band, the Sex Pistols were just a band, The Flaming Lips are just a band, Nirvana was just a band, NIN is just a band, Russian Circles is just a band) not releasing an album in which I deem to be adequate is the least of my fucken worries. So much more heavy and relevant shit in life going on to be worried about when four people are going to release consumable art that most aren't even going to pay for. Good for those that don't have a damn to worry about though besides when a band turns out a bunch of sounds.

After watching the timeline I do agree it is fucked that Danny has come out and said so many optimistic things about the recording timeline etc, and don't get me started on BMB (I guess I'm supposed to remember not to shoot the messenger but I feel trigger happy today so..), so I'm not some blind sheep just sucking James' dick. No excuses for that bullshit.

However, since 10k days has been released I have seen Tool 7x, APC 1x, and Puscifer 2x. Can't even count the amount of insane albums that were released that I listened to, how many other concerts I had been to, how many times I made love to the woman of my dreams, graduated school, made new friends, had memorable experiences with those I was already friends with, recorded/wrote/jammed music, wrote a book, explored, adventured, ate ice cream, went to see live sports games and just had a great fucken time in general. Too busy trying to enjoy life rather than spew negativity towards a band that has provided amazing personal moments, as well as allowing me the opportunity to meet some really amazing people, and provide all of us years of entertainment. That's my grudge towards those that 'hate' a band.

Anyways, while I'm at it, the Tool community is going to fucken implode the second the new album is released with negativity. "I can't believe I waited 'X' years for this shit! Fuck you maynard! Doesn't even sound like Undertow or Aenima! Fuck you TOOL! You disgust me!" :roll:
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Great post, posters. Seriously. Tool can still eat my dick though.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

..... Longest post ever. Farted and lost interest by the second word.
iloveposters
Geacon

Post by iloveposters »

God bless 'murica
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Dear Blair,
Please show some respect for both the band TOOL and their fans by deleting that last newsletter. Its TOOL Army, not Blair Army. I'm sure you could entertain your thousands of fans on your own forum but us TOOL fans would rather hear news about the band than news related to you or your books. You don't even need to write another newsletter to replace that one as I'm sure there is nothing to report or we would have already heard about it on one of the more reputable websites. Thank you.

Nate
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I'm starting to lose interest in Tool.. Something needs to happen. An interview about the recent tour, just whatever. Something.

Nate, you're 100% correct.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ettan wrote:I'm starting to lose interest in Tool.. Something needs to happen. An interview about the recent tour, just whatever. Something.

You held out hope long enough buddie. Come join me in the land of Tool hate. It is full of tits, beer, and quality music.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

M0G wrote:
Ettan wrote:I'm starting to lose interest in Tool.. Something needs to happen. An interview about the recent tour, just whatever. Something.

You held out hope long enough buddie. Come join me in the land of Tool hate. It is full of tits, beer, and quality music.
Speaking of which what ever happened to the boobie thread?
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

You gotta pay money to see it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

No joke.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You should make that something BLARING Lateralus out of a well-equipped PA system. I just did this the other night and it worked wonders! Would that you were near me, I'd help you out.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Not Tyson wrote:You gotta pay money to see it.
Lesson number one for any man, right there.

It's ALWAYS gonna cost you money, right down to the condoms she makes you buy.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

what happened to the live dvd you cunts https://web.archive.org/web/20021209152 ... .net/news/

& in 2003 kabir said "As for Toolish news, we're still waiting for the "live DVD", which may be out by the end of the year..."
over a decade has passed.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ettan wrote:what happened to the live dvd you cunts https://web.archive.org/web/20021209152 ... .net/news/

& in 2003 kabir said "As for Toolish news, we're still waiting for the "live DVD", which may be out by the end of the year..."
Sorry buddie. Tool sucks. Just except it and focus on the new Opeth. That is gonna be good shit.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ettan wrote:what happened to the live dvd you cunts https://web.archive.org/web/20021209152 ... .net/news/

well its not like they never addressed the DVD... They admitted it was recorded and nearly complete but "some" of the members weren't satisfied so its been shelved.