The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
the chill
Duck Hater

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by the chill »

I am truly sorry I dropped a MOG bomb. Haha. Camping in Humboldt state park and bored before I sleep and have internet service.

@Mog, I have not seen the light. I still love Tool. Just felt the need for new music and wanted to bitch about it in the grudge at the present moment.

Everybody on this from should visit Humboldt state park in California. Back at the same spot that my wife and I were at in 2011. Feels good to be back into the enchanted forest.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

The way Maynard has eschewed nearly any aspect of Tool, particularly in the last 10-15 years, it wouldn't surprise me if the book contained at best the bare minimum in relation to the band.

Though it certainly does have the potential for some insight, being a biography.

I'm guessing in 'Ch. 3 - The Tool Years'
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Really, Tool is only a part of his life, probably not more than 10-15%. It has the highest profile of course, but expecting more than 10-15% of the book (probably a chapter or two) about Tool is probably building those expectations too high.

That said, there's no doubt Tool is a very important part of his life, so I expect it will be dealt with evenly.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I'd agree
also, Avatar!
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

@Chill - Dammit man you let me down. I thought you had turned the corner. Oh well. Maybe one day you will come to see Tool for what they really are. A bunch of lazy bullshit liars. Phony, fake, and entirely full of shit.

@Da Rest of You Fucks - Keep your positivity and apologist excuses out out of here. This is the goddamn Grudge and it is time us haters (Cal I am looking at you) reclaim our territory.

You Toolios have the entire forum for your Tool circle jerks. This thread has always been about pure hate, venom, and glorious anger.

*pisses in the corner to mark territory*
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Fuck I miss the bicker thread. We really should start that shit back up. Man that was fun.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Or a debate thread.

Oh, and fuck tool and their lazy asses. Their work ethic is non existent outside of MJK. Eh, now that I think about it, it's really Adam that's lazy
DinosaurAct86
My pain is just an excuse

Post by DinosaurAct86 »

JUNE 2029 NEWSLETTER

After mirror-gazing for hours on end, I met a hyperdimensional being named Zorbis who granted me a brand-new silver Coleman to hold all of the beer that the band drinks while not writing in the Loft. Oh, I also have some Aleister Crowley books for sale. What's that? You'd like my book cover SCREENPRINTED on a T-SHIRT? Why, of course we can accommodate your request! Look for it in the ToolArmy store tomorrow for the new low price of $39.99. Leftovers will be sewn into blankets, which are very important, just like towels, and that is why they are $200.00. Also, g _ f _ _ _ y _ _ _ _ _ _.

Happy Trails,
Blair

[insert badly-taken photo here]
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Original post. The worst thing about the 10 year wait is that the Tool trolls have run out of material.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Toolshet!
Ki77aan :twisted:
DinosaurAct86
My pain is just an excuse

Post by DinosaurAct86 »

Original post. The worst thing about the 10 year wait is that the Tool trolls have run out of material.
Thanks---unless you're being sarcastic, in which case, I say, "Thanks" in a sarcastic tone.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Fuck all this shit, I'm goin' swimming
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Tuck Fool
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Oh you crazy Toolios I told you all four years ago your favorite band was an absolute fucking joke and yet you are still flying around buying VIP tickets letting them bust a nut in your face. Same old fucking songs you have heard thousands of times. No new album anywhere in site. Just touring behind the same old shit while you spend stupid amounts of money on signed tampons and toilet paper.

There is no Tool album. There will never be a new Tool album. You are being lied to. Your heroes are a bunch of lazy fucking liars.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

What's the correlation between seeing them live and the existence of a new album?
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:What's the correlation between seeing them live and the existence of a new album?
Who wants to see a band play the same songs 15 times? Tool fans *smh*

Anyhoo get back on that crack Tool reporting and leave this zone of hate and angst

I banish thee!

Fucker

How was your weekend?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I dunno, every time I've seen Tool they've played a set similar to most bands - a bunch of songs they always play and a couple they don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:I dunno, every time I've seen Tool they've played a set similar to most bands - a bunch of songs they always play and a couple they don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well to be fair you are in Australia and they don't come around nearly as often. In your case I understand it slightly more.

As for my fellow insane Americans they baffle me. But that isn't surprising considering there are actually a large number of people who are going to vote for Donald Trump. Oh it is such an embarrassment living in the United States. Someone please take away all the guns and all the republicans
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I'd say there are newer fans of the music who want to see them live, in addition to the old delusionals. Of course in addition to us folk around here, who are clearly insane.
also, Avatar!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

When you know Metallica is going to beat you to a new album release date, you're really starting to push shit uphill. I don't care about the lack of new album, the cash grab tours which I'll happily contribute to if they come back to Aus.

Hell they can release all the blankets they want & if people actually pay money for em, good on tool i say. But it gets to a fucking time where ya lose the ego smoke & mirrors bullshit and just give some fucking clarity with where you are at with everything. It isn't that hard! Fuckers
Listen to All Them Witches
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

^ I am proud of you Busty. You have taken the first step. Eventually you will all come to realize that Tool is entirely full of shit and not worth your support.

I see it happening. Slowly the smoke is clearing. The facade crumbling. You are all staring to understand that I have been right all along. Your heroes are trash. Your favorite band is garbage.

Tool have become the circus side show greatest hits version of themselves that they said they never would become.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Is it fair to call Puscifer, Diet Tool?
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

So APC is like Tool Max or Tool 10.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Stay on topic you fucking Toolios. Tool HATE.

Repeat after me:

TOOL FUCKING SUCKS
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Big Short is on Netflix now. I bought Drive and The Driver last week and hopefully will get around to watching them one of these days.
Don't mow your lawn