The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
_peterpwn
Has been

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by _peterpwn »

i've read a nice little interview with Maynard in Kerrang magazine, saying "i'm afraid there's gonna be a point like in the end of the movie The Wizard of Oz when Dorothy opens up the curtain and it turns out it was just a guy playing with shadows"

i guess im experiencing it with tool but like, in a slow motion, tediously and painfully slow motion version
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:^ I am proud of you Busty. You have taken the first step. Eventually you will all come to realize that Tool is entirely full of shit and not worth your support.

I see it happening. Slowly the smoke is clearing. The facade crumbling. You are all staring to understand that I have been right all along. Your heroes are trash. Your favorite band is garbage.

Tool have become the circus side show greatest hits version of themselves that they said they never would become.
Tool was full of shit back you were a fan, they've always been full of shit & they were entitled to that. Just these days when its been so long, a bit of transparency would be nice. I guess adam tried to do something along those lines when he blamed the lawyers, but hey didn't they have lawyer troubles before lateralus came out and we can all agree , that that was at least a somewhat decent album?

They can take as long as they want with the album for all i care , do as many tours as they want etc, ill still happily go, just like I say the smoke n mirrors game has kinda gone stale after all these years. I still blame dem illegal immigants for takin our jerbs as much tool for the lack of progress
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Good point Busty, Tool haven't changed much, but attitudes have somewhat. I think M0g expects more action though. Who interesting in forming a picket line in front of the Loft?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I've been doing that for 7 years
Don't mow your lawn
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

It's been 10 fucking years and counting. I am now literally too old and too tired to give a fuck either way. Tool is playing a couple hours from me in Denver this fall and I will not be going, if that says anything.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Bill Hilly wrote:It's been 10 fucking years and counting. I am now literally too old and too tired to give a fuck either way. Tool is playing a couple hours from me in Denver this fall and I will not be going, if that says anything.
Denver is 4 hours away for me, i would make the trip if tickets were easily available at a reasonable price. But i wouldnt pay over 100 for a ticket, not to mention trying to actually get one.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Denver is 18 hours away from me. I got some great seats by luck of the draw. Not sure I'm going yet, but if I can i probably will. Who doesn't like a good road trip?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MobileVortex wrote:Who doesn't like a good road trip?
Turns out people who exist only to troll Tool fans don't like leaving their mom's basement.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

MobileVortex wrote:So APC is like Tool Max or Tool 10.
APC is Cherry Tool
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

Are you brave enough to take The Tool Challenge ?

I have 3 sound clips. One is Tool, one is APC and one is Puscifer. They are all 5 second sound clips, but in reverse.

Do you think that you could identify the Tool?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sure
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Turns out people who exist only to troll Tool fans don't like leaving their mom's basement.

Why is it that people who like a certain band and show their love of that band on a forum always assume that people who share their dislike of the same band on a forum live in basements????

There's an equal chance that the likers on the forum inhabit basements too.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I always assumed that people who had, like, 25,000 posts on a forum lived in basements.

And drank heavily.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

I enjoy my fair share of Tool and I live in a treehouse.
Basements are for gothic peeps...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nah, I don't assume that people who dislike the band live in basements - I assume that trolls do. Most of us with more balanced personalities don't feel the need harp on about it repeatedly on a forum that exists for people to express their love of something.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Stay on topic you fucking Toolios. Tool HATE.

Repeat after me:

TOOL FUCKING SUCKS
This... I am as much of an apologist as everybody else here, but I love how MOG is owning the Hate.... This is the hate thread we shouldn't have to justify it, just express it....

That being said.... where is the fucking Opiate video.....
Be good to each other.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fuck Tool with their own tools. They are lazy incarnate. 10 fucking years. Shameful.
Ki77aan :twisted:
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

ALLLIVESMATTER....NOOOO

#BLACKPETSMATTER
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

PimPle wrote: This... I am as much of an apologist as everybody else here, but I love how MOG is owning the Hate.... This is the hate thread we shouldn't have to justify it, just express it....
Mog is just going through his own process like everyone else on here. Just by seeing that Mog is back in The Grudge thread tells me that there is a chance he would listen to a new Tool album if it came with a free blowjob. I"m sure there are several people on this site that would be willing to offer Mog the Buy 1 Get 1 Free deal too. And to Hellboy, your last few posts on here sound like you are being the troll. What exactly are we, as a Fourtheye community, supposed to be talking about right now? Is there any Tool news that we should be optimistic about at this point? Any news to discuss would be even more repetitive and full of shit than anything we are discussing in here. I like the yin and yang that we have going on in this forum. Basement Trolls Unite.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Hellboy is taking the piss off course. He knows I am a successful professional who is financially stable and most certainly do not live in anyone's basement. Moreover, we as a community of friends should probably be more mindful. Who are we to judge the living situations of others? I imagine there are some members that for varying reasons live with friends or relatives and pre-judging them without knowing their circumstances is doing them a disservice. We should be focused on building each other up not tearing each other down. Our collective lack of compassion is troubling and I am just as guilty as the rest of you.

As I have been thinking more and more lately on living mindfully I have come to realize that one's conduct on the internet shouldn't be any different than in our everyday lives. On the receiving end of each reply is another human being with their own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs and they should be shown compassion and empathy no different than if they were sitting across a table offline in real life having a drink.

Hellboy is right in that is is CRUEL to continually bash on something on a website that others clearly love. Who am I to pass judgement and express such malicious cruelty because most of you love a band I have come to dislike? If Tool brings you happiness who am I to try to take that away or dampen it somehow? What kind of asshole does that make me? How can I claim to be a mindful, compassionate individual when I am actively expressing such blatant cruelty?

I am sorry, truly, if I ever made anyone feel bad about their love for Tool's music. I am sorry if anything I have ever said on this forum has ever brought anyone pain or discomfort in any way. We can challenge each other intellectually and even take the occasional piss but we should always be working from a place of mindfulness, compassion, and respect.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

* sheds a tear...*

And Mogs heart grew 7 sizes that day
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I was expecting to see a big fuck you at the end of that enlightening post. MOG, Did you throw up after that post? You of all people should know this is the grudge thread. Great post but I just threw up in my mouth after reading that. Hahaha, JK. Nice post but wrong thread to post in and fuck Tool for taking so long on this new record. Fuck Tool for not releasing that video that was suppose to be the curve ball Opiate bull shit! Fuck you MOG for being nice and posting something so sweet that I think you have been hacked, drugged, or have found Jesus. Amen.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by Kittaan »

@ Chill - I fucking lerphed out lerd.

@ Mogret - Good on you bro. Let's go do Yoga together. You'll love it. Then we can spoon.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bill Hilly wrote:And to Hellboy, your last few posts on here sound like you are being the troll.
Touche! I believe that is what this thread is mostly about!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Also, I apologise to anyone who lives in their moms basement as was offended.