The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: The Grudge (WARNING: Ten Years, Shmen Years)

Post by Busty McCracken »

2017 and still no album. Useless bastards!
Listen to All Them Witches
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

What a bunch of pussies they are, can't even finish a goddamn album.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I wanna grab Tool right in the pussy and make them finish the new album. Come at them like a bitch, when you are me, they just let you do it.
Opi8250
Maynard Believer

Post by Opi8250 »

Hi.

Been reading this site for years, but have never posted.

Just today, I really feel the need to bitch.

I tried to buy tickets for the Vancouver show today. I was prepared, and online with 3 different devices well before they went on sale.

Within 10 seconds of becoming available, I was completely out of luck.

Within seconds, I saw them appearing on eBay for almost 900 bucks for a pair.

What. The. Fuck.

My wife managed to score two. But she's never bought tickets before, and accidently bought them off stub hub. Section 319, for $450.
I guess it's my fault for not making sure she knew what she was doing. But still... Fucking ridiculous!

I did manage to score two more in a much better spot, but now I'm stuck having to try and sell the original ones for an insane amount.. And I feel like an asshole for it, but I have no other choice.

Fucking stupid all around. I've never had such a hard time getting tickets.

I know it's not tools fault.. I just needed to vent.

Sorry
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Aaaaaaannnnnddddddd allow me do another bitch post.
nxrm wrote:I went to The Baked Potato tonight and caught the first set of the Doug Webb Allstars. During the break I was fortunate to talk with Danny, and I asked him how high Tool fans must be to think the band would be releasing a new album prior to this upcoming tour. He laughed and said, "They can believe whatever they want, but it's not gonna happen." He added, and I'm condensing/paraphrasing here, that they hope to get into the studio to record in the Fall.
This is from the social media thead and I can't believe Danny would say......... wait I can believe, but Danny filling in on the Late Night with Seth Myers saying, "the new album will be out soon". That was fall of 2016 for fuck sake's and now won't even be in the studio till "hopefully we will be in the studio in the fall." Fuck being a Tool fan is a huge test of patients. Still love them though, wait that's not very grudgy.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

lol at you for getting excited imo
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Long time follower first time poster.

Maynard is an ungrateful a**.. i've gathered over the years that the other band members come up with the music,i say they should replace him.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

^ You know what I notice from that and from a vid someone posted recently? How old these guys have become. And it is fucking pathetic to think they have spent all these years creatively doing nothing. What a fucking waste. So many musicians would give anything to have that kind of audience and opportunity but Tool have been just fine milking their fanbase with old material while dangling the carrot of new material that ultimately never gets anywhere near completion. It is pathetic and Tool should really just call it quits. 25 years as a band, four full length albums. Sad. How the mighty have fallen. Greed and laziness.
Last edited by THE1TRUEMOG on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

^Take that to the Grudge thread dude. Not cool.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

nxrm wrote:^Take that to the Grudge thread dude. Not cool.
What you want some "alternate" facts? Truth hit a little too close for comfort? It's okay NX don't you worry im sure you will be back at the baked potato again in a few months watching your beloved golden god Danny. You might even have a beer or two and ole Danny boy will pat you on the back and tell you it's coming soon before he drives off in his latest Lambo. Maybe even Metal Sucks or some other click bait garbage will run with your entirely reliable update and Tool fans the world over will fap furiously only to be let down when ole Jimmy takes to twitter and says it aint so.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
nxrm wrote:^Take that to the Grudge thread dude. Not cool.
What you want some "alternate" facts? Truth hit a little too close for comfort? It's okay NX don't you worry im sure you will be back at the baked potato again in a few months watching your beloved golden god Danny. You might even have a beer or two and ole Danny boy will pat you on the back and tell you it's coming soon before he drives off in his latest Lambo. Maybe even Metal Sucks or some other click bait garbage will run with your entirely reliable update and Tool fans the world over will fap furiously only to be let down when ole Jimmy takes to twitter and says it aint so.
It's a simple matter of posting in the correct place.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I feel like I just got hit with the Truth Bomb! Had no idea dude felt that way... and now it's got me reconsidering everything about this band! Shit. This is going to take some serious reflection. Will report back with results.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Rule 46&2
also, Avatar!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants wrote:I feel like I just got hit with the Truth Bomb! Had no idea dude felt that way... and now it's got me reconsidering everything about this band! Shit. This is going to take some serious reflection. Will report back with results.
#woke

I am now shifting my focus from Tool V to Moggie and waiting with baited breath for his next rant to drop.

Where will he post it? What enlightened insights will he reveal? Who will he slag off? The anticipation is building, can you feel it?!
Ki77aan :twisted:
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Kittaan wrote:
joeypants wrote:I feel like I just got hit with the Truth Bomb! Had no idea dude felt that way... and now it's got me reconsidering everything about this band! Shit. This is going to take some serious reflection. Will report back with results.
#woke

I am now shifting my focus from Tool V to Moggie and waiting with baited breath for his next rant to drop.

Where will he post it? What enlightened insights will he reveal? Who will he slag off? The anticipation is building, can you feel it?!
Tool V? :lol: :lol:

Man I was going back over this thread and its hillarious. I kinda miss Crow and Tyson. They took certain topics wayy too far but they were also legitimately funny at times.

Crazy to think this thread is over 4 years old. Crazy to think back in 2013 Tool were talking about being hardcore into the writing process. Crazy to think just how right I was about the situation all along.

Even crazier to think how many Tool fans stumble over themselves trying to continually justify Tool's behavior after all these years.

The things people will do to protect their heroes :roll:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Can you provide examples of people justifying Tool's behaviour?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

So these guys are still peddling the fact that they have a new album coming out?!

LOL. That cracked me up.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:So these guys are still peddling the fact that they have a new album coming out?!
Are they? Since when? Sounds like the kind of thing I should be posting on Fourtheye
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Man I was going back over this thread and its hillarious. I kinda miss Crow and Tyson. They took certain topics wayy too far but they were also legitimately funny at times.
When I first started posting on this site these guys were very active and I agree, they definitely added flavor to the general commentary. I get where you are coming from MOG 100% I genuinely enjoy your posts because I feel like you represent that angry feeling inside me (probably all of us) that feels let down by the band. At the same time I empathize with them as humans, that life would be hard, the thought of that level of constant rapid travel and interaction, freaks me out big time. After almost 25-30 years of playing venue after venue, it would not always be enjoyable.
Be good to each other.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

PimPle wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
When I first started posting on this site these guys were very active and I agree, they definitely added flavor to the general commentary.....

They were smart arsey pricks.

But at least they spoke to you.....
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

I miss them too. Was spewing that they got banned, helped keep the place interesting.
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

They sparked many good conversations, but sadly didn't get the message when I told them this wasn't a white power mens rights forum
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Shock value only goes so far.

I miss them both too.

I have a feeling they still lurk, especially Tyson. What's up fockers?
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Tyson might still be keeping eyes on things, but Crow had pretty much already checked out of the forum before he left.
Don't mow your lawn
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I had quite a few sparring sessions with Tyson and Crow. But in the end we got along, we figured each other out and I can say I do miss their input. Their positive input at least. As HB stated, not everything they posted was worth while

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk