Re: The Grudge

Post by TheBirdman »

BlackHole83 wrote:Like I said your only making yourself look like a fool. lol
Don't you mean a Tool ;)
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Nah, I don't really use that term when describing somebody. I actually hate it when someone says, "man that fckin guy is a tool". Just not my thing.
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

See Tool, you announce California shows and then she gives us rain.
Mother Nature is on to you.

This is the set list she's forecasting:
Third Eye
The Pot
Opiate
Intension
RIght in Two
Pushit
Rosetta Stoned
Disposition
Reflection
Wings/10K
Don't Fuck with MN (new song!)
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Racism ha talk about "The grudge" thread
bonebroke wrote:See Tool, you announce California shows and then she gives us rain.

Third Eye
The Pot
Opiate
Intension
RIght in Two
Pushit
Rosetta Stoned
Disposition
Reflection
Wings/10K
That setlist would be bitched about lol...
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Not Tyson wrote:You said you hoped I had a shitty day when it just started, dick.

Started pretty well tbh, got another raise, that's 2 in 8 months.
Another raise? How many dicks did you have to suck this time you talentless fuck
The most intelligent person on this forum
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Wish the new tool album would...

Mmm....DROP
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

ilikecheese wrote:Wish the new tool album would...

Mmm....DROP
For you my friend I genuinely wish it would happen but sadly I don't see it happening this year. With them touring in March that pretty much killed any chance. For a 3rd or 4th quarter release they would realistically need to be in the studio by March at the latest getting it recorded. Then over to Ludwig I imagine for mastering and of course art work and record company shit. Getting it all out takes months. You know the drill. Tool doesn't deserve fans like you dude. If Tool was serious about finishing a new album they would be doing just that. There is no logical reason in the world for a March tour if you are trying to finish up and record a new album.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:Wish the new tool album would...

Mmm....DROP
For you my friend I genuinely wish it would happen but sadly I don't see it happening this year. With them touring in March that pretty much killed any chance. For a 3rd or 4th quarter release they would realistically need to be in the studio by March at the latest getting it recorded. Then over to Ludwig I imagine for mastering and of course art work and record company shit. Getting it all out takes months. You know the drill. Tool doesn't deserve fans like you dude. If Tool was serious about finishing a new album they would be doing just that. There is no logical reason in the world for a March tour if you are trying to finish up and record a new album.
not being an ass here but, is there any evidence that they HAVENT been in the studio already? i mean last i heard anything from the band was Maynard last October or something saying he was headed to the studio to get some music from the guys. Oct to March is 5+ months.. seems like they could have been in the studio
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Oct to March is 5+ months.. seems like they could have been in the studio
This has been batted around like cats with a mouse... unlikely at best.

But if I were Tool, that's exactly how I would play it. Keep it super-dooper-decoder-ring secret, avoiding any and all leak potential, and just drop that shit with like a 1 week notice. This is highly fucking unlikely to happen, but it would such a big FuckYou to all the naysayers.
Ki77aan :twisted:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Kittaan wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:Oct to March is 5+ months.. seems like they could have been in the studio
This has been batted around like cats with a mouse... unlikely at best.

But if I were Tool, that's exactly how I would play it. Keep it super-dooper-decoder-ring secret, avoiding any and all leak potential, and just drop that shit with like a 1 week notice. This is highly fucking unlikely to happen, but it would such a big FuckYou to all the naysayers.
yeah and for all the people who say they need to Advertise the album for a given amount of time prior to release? i dont think so, yeah its what everyone NORMALLY does, but it wouldnt surprise me if tool just announced it and released it the same week. Not like it wouldnt sell cause lack of advertising, they already have their fan base, it shows when shows sell out instantly after 8 years of no new music.

i also dont think this is going to happen, but it would be a very TooL move of them
Baahumbug
Fanboi

Post by Baahumbug »

@MOG

I'm honestly not being an ass here. I just would like to know what Tool would have to do to win you back?
Not integrity wise though because we all know that ain't happening.

I'm just wondering what they'd have to do with the release of the new album that would make you say "damn, that was actually pretty badass".

I know it's a long shot man. I'm just wondering.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Baahumbug wrote:@MOG

I'm honestly not being an ass here. I just would like to know what Tool would have to do to win you back?

I'm just wondering what they'd have to do with the release of the new album that would make you say "damn, that was actually pretty badass".

Good question. Not sure honestly. After 8+ years, it would have to be a fucking masterpiece. Still not sure that would be enough. When you completely lose respect for something it is incredibly hard to gain it back. Maybe if they stopped with their bullshit and started being honest. Some legitimate transparency. Who gives a fuck about fishing trips? I have said it before and I will say it again, the smoke and mirror act has gotten old. I can't think of any other band that I like that pulls the kind of shit Tool does.

Bottom line, I suspect I will buy it when it comes out for one reason and that is Danny Carey. The guy is top 5 all time any genre and anything he does is worth listening to. Even that fucking Volto album. The songwriting wasn't the greatest but DC always kills it. I fuck with you guys about why you still attend Tool concerts that are essentially at this point nothing more than glorified greatest hits cash crabs, but on some level I DO get it. Getting the chance to see Danny Carey play drums is hard to pass up.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:

Good question. Not sure honestly. After 8+ years, it would have to be a fucking masterpiece. Still not sure that would be enough. When you completely lose respect for something it is incredibly hard to gain it back. Maybe if they stopped with their bullshit and started being honest. Some legitimate transparency. Who gives a fuck about fishing trips? I have said it before and I will say it again, the smoke and mirror act has gotten old. I can't think of any other band that I like that pulls the kind of shit Tool does.

Bottom line, I suspect I will buy it when it comes out for one reason and that is Danny Carey. The guy is top 5 all time any genre and anything he does is worth listening to. Even that fucking Volto album. The songwriting wasn't the greatest but DC always kills it. I fuck with you guys about why you still attend Tool concerts that are essentially at this point nothing more than glorified greatest hits cash crabs, but on some level I DO get it. Getting the chance to see Danny Carey play drums is hard to pass up.
I am yet to see Tool live, seeing them in March. Would you come back to Tool if they released "Lateralus 2"... and i dont mean literally Lateralus 2, but another CD of that quality and effort
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
M0G wrote:

I am yet to see Tool live, seeing them in March. Would you come back to Tool if they released "Lateralus 2"... and i dont mean literally Lateralus 2, but another CD of that quality and effort
Probably not. Look if the album ends up being Lateralus level quality I will give them props for writing a great album. But will I ever be a FAN of Tool again? Highly doubtful. Doesn't mean I never listen to their music. Now and again I listen to Tool, but you have to remember I have been a Tool fan for 20+ years so I have heard all these songs more times than I can count.

I am stoked for you though going to your first Tool concert. They really are excellent live. You will have a blast. Sometimes it is easy to forget that an entire new generation of fans are just getting into Tool. The gleam hasn't worn off yet and that is a good thing. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Baahumbug
Fanboi

Post by Baahumbug »

For me...

Play it live. In my mind that's the only thing that can make up for 8 years.
Pick one of these march dates, play the new album in its entirety. With no announcement or anything of that nature, then let people live off the shitty iphone bootlegs for a year.

Then drop that studio version in March 2015.

If it were a damn fine album, I'd sit back after all that happening and go "fucking Fuck that was cool"
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Baahumbug wrote:For me...

Pick one of these march dates, play the new album in its entirety. With no announcement or anything of that nature, then let people live off the shitty iphone bootlegs for a year.

If it were a damn fine album, I'd sit back after all that happening and go "fucking Fuck that was cool"
agreed. however its far more realistic they release the album without notice than play the whole album live... theres no way they could have performed the songs together enough to take them live. Maybe a song or two. but we'll see in 29 days lol
Baahumbug
Fanboi

Post by Baahumbug »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Baahumbug wrote:For me...

agreed. however its far more realistic they release the album without notice than play the whole album live... theres no way they could have performed the songs together enough to take them live. Maybe a song or two. but we'll see in 29 days lol
That's where the 8 years comes in... Suppose they finished writing in.. Hmm 2010. They then refined it, rehearsed it while getting together for tours for 3 years.

I mean they truly could hang out (maynard included) together a ton more then we know.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

M0G wrote:Getting the chance to see Danny Carey play drums is hard to pass up.
This is always #1 on my list. I usually have to force myself to check out the other aspects of their live show, of which there are no shortages. That's why I love seeing them back to back. It allows for those indulgences.

@ Baahumbug - yeah, that would be killer, and plenty of bands have performed an album in its entirety BEFORE recording it, which just tends to make the album that much better for the work they put in and the feedback gained. I do not even see this as a remote possibility for Tool. Would love to be wrong.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

one might say tools halo is slippin down

i wouldn't but one might
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

They gotta play ONE song. Come oooon
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

bonebroke wrote:See Tool, you announce California shows and then she gives us rain.

Third Eye
The Pot
Opiate
Intension
RIght in Two
Pushit
Rosetta Stoned
Disposition
Reflection
Wings/10K
I would love to have that setlist :D looking forward to it, I hope that's what it will be like.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

M0G wrote:After 8+ years, it would have to be a fucking masterpiece.
My. Thoughts. Exactly.

I also agree with you on the upcoming tour. It has me baffled. Aren't they supposed to be....like....finishing an album (which incidentally, they said would be out "early 2014")?

Maybe they are using the tour as a platform to announce the "curveball" (ie Salival II)? Who knows?

But don't be surprised if the tour comes and goes and...........nothing.

And don't be surprised if we don't read another interview with Tool for the rest of the year.

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

I heard a few years ago they were working on a really long track like 15+ minutes, I'm not sure if it's still happening but I would like to hear it.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Calfium Jay wrote:
M0G wrote:After 8+ years, it would have to be a fucking masterpiece.
My. Thoughts. Exactly.

I also agree with you on the upcoming tour. It has me baffled. Aren't they supposed to be....like....finishing an album (which incidentally, they said would be out "early 2014")?

Maybe they are using the tour as a platform to announce the "curveball" (ie Salival II)? Who knows?

But don't be surprised if the tour comes and goes and...........nothing.

And don't be surprised if we don't read another interview with Tool for the rest of the year.

where was the "curveball" first announced or heard? im kinda lost on the whole thing. Why do we think theres a curveball, im sure its in some post or newsletter somewhere im just lazy and not searching lol