The Grudge (WARNING: 26 years to #6?)

The Main Event
ToolFanFromWayBack
Geacon
Height: this tall

Re: The Grudge (contains SPOILERS)

Post by ToolFanFromWayBack »

No idea. Guess it was his way of deflecting before anyone asked. I enjoyed listening to him talk about stuff, but he was never going to give out any great revelations. To be honest the VIP wrangler Juan revealed more about the band from his time on tour with them than Adam did. Someone asked him when the next tour might be and he responded "No idea. Probably the new album is done or maybe when one of them runs out of money or their mortgage is due..." I know he was joking, but I bet there is a kernel of truth in there.
Calfium Jay wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
That question was not asked in Houston. Adam did a pretty good job of dissuading that question by mentioning it in is opening spiel in a very sarcastic manner. He said something along the lines of "I want you to feel free to ask about anything like whens the new album coming out" (where is the sarcasm tag?)
Why does he have to be sarcastic about it? It's a question pertinent to the audience base. How about at least giving us some idea as to whether we can realistically expect to be listening to one in 12 months time??

They treat their fans like idiots.

It's been 8 fucking years, Jones.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote: How about at least giving us some idea as to whether we can realistically expect to be listening to one in 12 months time??
Why should he? It's not like you'd believe him anyway would you?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

No. But I would appreciate the thought.

:cry:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:No. But I would appreciate the thought.

No you wouldn't, it'd be nothing more than fuel for a troll post 13 months down the track when the album inevitably isn't released. At this point in time, I don't think there's any answer the band could give that would be satisfactory that isn't something along the lines of "we're hitting the studio next month". Until there is some firm evidence that progress is happening on the production of the album beyond the songwriting stage, the only idiots out there are the ones who believe it will be out this year, and the butthurt Grudge Fucks with nothing better to do than troll Tool fans.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Wow. I started to type something very similar to your post HB, then I considered who I was responding to and thought better of it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

no whine before it's time.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:No. But I would appreciate the thought.

No you wouldn't, it'd be nothing more than fuel for a troll post 13 months down the track when the album inevitably isn't released. At this point in time, I don't think there's any answer the band could give that would be satisfactory that isn't something along the lines of "we're hitting the studio next month". Until there is some firm evidence that progress is happening on the production of the album beyond the songwriting stage, the only idiots out there are the ones who believe it will be out this year, and the butthurt Grudge Fucks with nothing better to do than troll Tool fans.
blah blah blah blah blah fucking blah

You are wrong.

Cal is right.

Mog knows all.

The end.

PS...Tool Sucks
The most intelligent person on this forum
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

So.. $1200 for opiate? This is getting ridicules. Fuck Tool.

fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Ettan wrote:So.. $1200 for opiate? This is getting ridicules. Fuck Tool.
But Adam Jones doodled on it! :roll:
I still can't get over how they re-released it without touching the audio at all. It was a perfect opportunity to throw in some live songs or some demos or some shit. Nope. New artwrok LOL. For the fans!!
Last edited by fortysixand2 on Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

The Grudge (contains SPOILERS)

Post by xZ1mM3r »

If it's outrageously priced then don't buy it. Pretty easy. Im not effected by the price of their stuff. Clearly it's selling to someone.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

fortysixand2 wrote:
Ettan wrote:So.. $1200 for opiate? This is getting ridicules. Fuck Tool.
But Adam Jones doodled on it! :roll:
I still can't get over how they re-released it without touching the audio at all. It was a perfect opportunity to throw in some live songs or some demos or some shit. Nope. New artwrok LOL. For the fans!!
Obvious cash grab is obvious. I couldn't believe they sold that shit for $150 a pop, and had the nerve to limit it to 5000 copies. Man Tool really does appreciate their fans. That was one hell of a thank you. Watch on the Undertow reissue (which you know is gonna happen) they will offer a Maynard Jizz Encrusted copy for an extra $200. Sad part is....some sick silly fucked up Tool fan would buy it...in fact, it would probably sell out. Keep in mind some motherfucker bought a used Shooting Target from Nardo's Puscifer shop.

Fuck Tool. Seriously they should have just broke up after 10,000 Days rather than becoming a fucking joke.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Mog, you sound upset your jizz isn't worth $200.... must suck to have to pay people to take yours. :P
Professor of Lesbian Science
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

basejumper wrote:Mog, you sound upset your jizz isn't worth $200.... must suck to have to pay people to take yours. :P
Base Base Base....in the end friend, aren't we all paying for someone to take our jizz? Yeah you can jerk off until your hearts content. But when it comes to women, you pay for it, one way or another.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

:? well that was terrifying.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote:
basejumper wrote:Mog, you sound upset your jizz isn't worth $200.... must suck to have to pay people to take yours. :P
Base Base Base....in the end friend, aren't we all paying for someone to take our jizz? Yeah you can jerk off until your hearts content. But when it comes to women, you pay for it, one way or another.
Says the single guy. I can only assume.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Listening to Lateralus for the first time in ages, delete thread, all is forgiven.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Literal loulz. Well done.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Not Tyson wrote:Listening to Lateralus for the first time in ages, delete thread, all is forgiven.
I found that CD cleaning up the other day and put in in the car. it makes me realize why people hate on 10,000 Days so much. I mean I don't agree at all but it's so insanely good I kinda get the disappointment.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

THE FUCKING PRODUCTION :evil:
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Not Tyson wrote:THE FUCKING PRODUCTION :evil:
I've argued that point before and said how bullshit it is but maybe you're right. the production is different at the least.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

It's not fucking Tool, it's way too loud.

What became of subtly?
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I'm glad they are taking their time writing the album.

This way we know it will be a good and proper farewell to the career of a band that really deserves to end with a BANG!
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

children wrote:I'm glad they are taking their time writing the album.

This way we know it will be a good and proper farewell to the career of a band that really deserves to end with a BANG!
Haha! I'll bookmark these comments for future reference once the album comes out on the 10th anniversary of 10,000 days. By then, you'll become a bitter old sod like the rest of us.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

No need to be bitter. There's no point in getting worked up over something you have no control over. Just accept it and move on. It's not that difficult nor is it a big deal anyway.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

It is for me. It's a big fuckin' deal. They have to make it a good album for me. They fuckin' owe me, them crooked ol' bastards. Me me me me me me.
SteveBobSteve