RIP

Re: The Grudge

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Play LA you fucking cuntholes!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Of course they'll play LA and you and me will be there and be a part of the big LA circle jerk.
I like to poop naked.
TheBirdman
Has been

Post by TheBirdman »

Play aus! probably won't happen til later haha
spiraledbeing
Maynard Believer

Post by spiraledbeing »

I've been gone for a year... and not much has changed around here :lol:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

spiraledbeing wrote:I've been gone for a year... and not much has changed around here :lol:
You got that right. And who are you by the way? We need to get you off the spammage list.
Ki77aan :twisted:
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

How can you knock a band for playing live shows? It's kind of...you know...what they primarily exist to do...
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

void wrote:How can you knock a band for playing live shows? It's kind of...you know...what they primarily exist to do...
To the best of my knowledge, bands generally tend to release albums too.

To tour the same album, with more or less the same setlist for 7 and a half years is borderline pathetic.

How long does it fucking take to record a dozen songs????????

:evil:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

I'll say it again "playing live is what bands primarily do" meaning most bands play live more than they write, even if they're very prolific with producing new albums.

Also, I don't believe a new tool album being completed is dependent on whether or not they play a handful of live shows. Get real
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

void wrote: Also, I don't believe a new tool album being completed is dependent on whether or not they play a handful of live shows. Get real
If they're spending time preparing for shows - and let's face it, something as big as a Tool gig is going to take some planning - then they're not spending time writing new material.
Then they seem to go off holidaying after every mini tour. Months and months go by and yet they seem to be NO closer to entering a studio.

How about: "until this next album is completed, we will not be scheduling any further live shows as we need to give this new material the attention it deserves and hopefully have a finished product in stores by the end of the year".

That would be nice.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Calfium Jay wrote:
void wrote: Also, I don't believe a new tool album being completed is dependent on whether or not they play a handful of live shows. Get real
If they're spending time preparing for shows - and let's face it, something as big as a Tool gig is going to take some planning - then they're not spending time writing new material.
Then they seem to go off holidaying after every mini tour. Months and months go by and yet they seem to be NO closer to entering a studio.

How about: "until this next album is completed, we will not be scheduling any further live shows as we need to give this new material the attention it deserves and hopefully have a finished product in stores by the end of the year".

That would be nice.
Let me start by saying: I am not complaining about you complaining...

However, what's the point? I think it's pretty clear that most of the regular members on Fourtheye agree that releasing the next album has taken longer than anyone expected. It's been debated ad nauseous (sic). Hell, there's even this entire thread devoted to bitching about it. I guess you're just filling the Mog void?

Since Tool themselves don't seem to be overly concerned about the delay, and have decided a bit of touring will hit the spot, personally I will consider it a nice bonus while waiting. As I remember, you went to see them last year in Oz, right?
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Calfium Jay wrote:
void wrote:How can you knock a band for playing live shows? It's kind of...you know...what they primarily exist to do...

To tour the same album, with more or less the same setlist for 7 and a half years is borderline pathetic.

When have Tool ever released a dozen songs at once?
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

Not Tyson wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:

When have Tool ever released a dozen songs at once?
Who gives a shit? Stop bitchin and deal with it. When the new album comes, it comes and we will all gobble that mother fucker down. In the mean time enjoy life, appreciate every moment above ground and be humble. When the new album comes then what?!? Spin it a few thousand times then bitch about waiting for the next one? Fuck that, embrace this moment, for it will only last for a short amount of time. There is so much to see and do in this life, no need to bitch and stress over the little things. Cheers my friend
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

lol
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

What is this? The 7th US tour since 10k days? When the fuck are they going to come to the UK again? It's been 7 years since they were last here. Jesus Christ. Adam and Justin seem to be travelling to England every damn couple of months so why don't they drag the other two with them? Don't even bother with the stage show, just bring the damn instruments and play a fucking gig
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

^That would suck donkey

or duck, if you're hellboy
Last edited by ilikecheese on Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

They tour the US regularly because they're most popular here, with Australia likely a close 2nd. They don't have much of a following in Europe comparatively.

@Calfium: It would be nice if they said that, but if they aren't saying that... then it's most likely not the case/how they feel. Also, if I remember correctly they did say that before... but it was like 2 or 3 tours ago lol
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

void wrote:They tour the US regularly because they're most popular here, with Australia likely a close 2nd. They don't have much of a following in Europe comparatively.
Every show of the 10K Days tour sold out within a couple of minutes/hours from memory. Can't comment on the Lateralus tour. If they booked a UK tour now I have absolutely no doubt it would sell out just as fast as any US show. Anyway Im not asking for or expecting them to tour Europe regularly, just one tour in the last 7 fucking years would have been nice.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

No shit, I scree totally.
Fucking tool....pfftttt
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Shut it Duck Sucker.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

markuspoop wrote:Shut it Duck Sucker.
Shut what, your Momma's legs?
It can't be done!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

FUCK THE WEST COAST! AND FUCK TOOL!
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Pretty much
also, Avatar!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

West Coast rules cock-burglars.
I like to poop naked.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I'll be at the Eugene show
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

Ill say this again: FUCK VOLTO! where is the next album???? lazy bunch of sack suckers.