[Speculation] New Album Release - March 26

The Main Event
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

There is an ice cubes chance in hell of this happening and I hate you all for getting my hopes up, because now, deep in the back of my psyche, I will be praying for this to be true. If it is, then maybe the leaked track listing that HB posted has some credibility to it after all, though I highly doubt it since HB hasn't spoken about it since.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

As I've said before, if there is a new album coming out sometime soon, they've done an exceptionally good job keeping it quiet.  Every source I have know nothing about Tool having actually recorded anything outside of demo's within the Loft.

For Tool to record something the scope of a full album professionally, not to mention have it mixed, mastered and artwork produced would involve so many third parties I doubt it would be possible to keep a lid on it.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not to mention the record label wanting to promote the fuck out of it.
MarryHanback
of Arimathea

Post by MarryHanback »

1 - 2 new tracks road - tested in Aus/NZ... New album end of year.

Mark my words.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

MarryHanback said
1 - 2 new tracks road - tested in Aus/NZ... 

I'd like to believe you but I'll be amazed if that happens.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

MarryHanback said
1 - 2 new tracks road - tested in Aus/NZ... 

I'd like to believe you but I'll be amazed if that happens.

What's your take on the whole "Maynard's written and recorded this whole album himself" theory that's going around the interwebs lately?

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said 
What's your take on the whole "Maynard's written and recorded this whole album himself" theory that's going around the interwebs lately?

Ask me again on April Fools Day
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

There is absolutely no possible way the new album will be released on March 26th.  It will not happen.  Maynard couldn't write a Tool album by himself.  Maynard is barely even a member of Tool at this point.  The new album won't be out until 2014.  In the meantime you get a silly fucking 21st anniversary Opiate re-release, and Auz-NZ tour during which they will play no new songs, as they have no new songs fully completed,  and a DVD for The Pot, a song released 7 years ago.  That is a whole lot of nothing in my opinion.  Oh you might get a new Schism intro and a pretty light show, but that is hardly worth $150 bucks.  Again, my opinion.  If this shit makes your balls tingle so be it.  Wake me up when they actually announce they are hitting the studio.  In the meantime, I will be busy listening to the new Intronaut album and finding great new music to listen to.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

mogeffingmog said
There is absolutely no possible way the new album will be released on March 26th.  It will not happen.  Maynard couldn't write a Tool album by himself.  Maynard is barely even a member of Tool at this point.  The new album won't be out until 2014.  In the meantime you get a silly fucking 21st anniversary Opiate re-release, and Auz-NZ tour during which they will play no new songs, as they have no new songs fully completed,  and a DVD for The Pot, a song released 7 years ago.  That is a whole lot of nothing in my opinion.  Oh you might get a new Schism intro and a pretty light show, but that is hardly worth $150 bucks.  Again, my opinion.  If this shit makes your balls tingle so be it.  Wake me up when they actually announce they are hitting the studio.  In the meantime, I will be busy listening to the new Intronaut album and finding great new music to listen to.

+1

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

joeypants said
Anything is possible. But history suggests that they really like to seek out the absolute best rooms/consoles/studios to record their stuff and as good as the stuff at The Loft or Maynard's wine cellar might be... I'd imagine that isn't what they're looking for.

You don't think Tool is looking for a studio where they could drink wine and eat pasta while they're recording?  

Or maybe they know someone who has a top of the line recording studio that they could use secretly????

Don't mow your lawn
Hooker With A Penis
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Hooker With A Penis »

There are quite a few major bands that have used and continue to use home recording studios. The idea of Tool utilizing one is not only likely at this point it is very probable. It is not that difficult to outfit a space with top line recording gear. The space itself isn't really all that important - fucking Paul McCartney recorded one of rock's all time classics in a studio under construction while recording was in process back in '73 in fucking Africa and that shit sounds sweet, so all of the gripes about "not being able to pull it off unless done in some big time studio" are bullshit. Couple that possibility with the probability that the recordings could have been done in between projects and appearances wherever.... I'm not saying there's no way I'm wrong about the March 26th date. I am saying it's possible and that all of the weirdness fits. And as far as Maynard doing the album himself? Bullshit. Misinfo from wherever it came from. They like to play mind games......
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

I want to believe what you are saying, Blue Man, I really do! BTW, love the move your group is taking with the addition of hair!

Professor of Lesbian Science
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

So in the highly unlikely event of Tools new album being released on 26th March, that would have to put me in the box seat to win the guessing competition with my April 1 2013 answer?? Anyone get closer than that??
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Also, I'd have to research it (bit lazy at the moment) but I'm pretty sure that "no more 2-inch tape" thing isn't the reality anymore and one of the companies relented and started making it again.

As far as the whole "home studio" thing goes, drums are the biggest culprit keeping that from happening. You need a really, really good sounding room. With all the money they've accumulated over the years, it's entirely possible they could build their own. The thing is, I feel like they would've said something about that by now. That's the kind of thing they enjoy hinting at. Also again, history has shown that Danny enjoys finding a proven, "classic" drum room to record in. That goes double for the console used, which is the biggest mark against them doing it in a "home studio." The kind of consoles they prefer to use don't come cheap at all and are pretty much relegated to pro studios. Anything's possible, but the odds are they're just going to go a similar route to what they've done before. I think the closest to a "home studio" set up they might go to would be using Dave Grohl's place for that classic Neve he's got.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Well to be fair, plenty of bands do it. Trent Reznor/NIN/HTDA makes really good sounding music out of theirs. But I think there's a tangible and clear reason why Tool takes the approach they do, and it shows. It's extremely subtle and for most bands, they don't to go that extra mile (or can't afford it, shit is EXPENSIVE).
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

toolphishdhs said
i never thought i would say this but i think Children is far less annoying and stupid(even though Children is pretty fucking annoying and stupid) on here than HWAP. Dude, you are so full of shit it is unreal. LOL at Tool recording in a home studio. So other than Macca (highly overrated pop shit) solo, what all time great albums came from a band's home recording studio?  enlighten me because you are such a genius. what, with your big words like fag and retard. keep on keepin on my white trash friend.

I think Chumbawamba's big, monster-hit album "Tubthumper" was recorded from a band's home recording studio.
I like to poop naked.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

markuspoop said

toolphishdhs said
i never thought i would say this but i think Children is far less annoying and stupid(even though Children is pretty fucking annoying and stupid) on here than HWAP. Dude, you are so full of shit it is unreal. LOL at Tool recording in a home studio. So other than Macca (highly overrated pop shit) solo, what all time great albums came from a band's home recording studio?  enlighten me because you are such a genius. what, with your big words like fag and retard. keep on keepin on my white trash friend.

I think Chumbawamba's big, monster-hit album "Tubthumper" was recorded from a band's home recording studio.

^ huhuh he said Tubthumper
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

September 2014
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

September 2015 is more likely.
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Never is the most likely.

Here comes Tool's-Greatist-Hits-fulfill-that-contractual-obligation-compilation!! Available exclusively at Wal-Mart and featuring art by Todd McFarlane.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

void said
Never is the most likely.

Here comes Tool's-Greatist-Hits-fulfill-that-contractual-obligation-compilation!! Available exclusively at Wal-Mart and featuring art by Todd McFarlane.

That would be cool as long as Todd McFarlane makes some Tool action figures as well.

Don't mow your lawn
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Great, so we're deleting posts again.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ @ Nate - ?

Provide some details?  Only Hellboy or I can do that, and I don't think either of us are doing that without stating it.  I've never deleted a post, and I think Hellboy, again, has made it clear when he has and why.

I don't see anything in Spam either, so that's not it.

Ki77aan :twisted: