Countdown to Opiate Anniversary package delivery

The Main Event
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

The Boss said
It's just flimsy cardboard?

Holy shit. They really went all-out on production, didn't they.

It's not cardboard per se*, but a heavy paper stock. Feels like thick construction paper actually. I would have preferred cardboard, something along the lines of what vinyl gatefolds are made out of, for the main package. I think it would have helped prevent the damage.

It'll be interesting to see how those in the post for multiple days and for greater distances fare. Even more so, those packages with multiple copies inside of them. Granted, all of the items inside the main package have been crammed in there. It took a bit of care to extract everything.

I'm actually impressed by most everything inside. There was obviously a lot of work that went in to it all. Definitely some things that are peculiar (the USB) and others that I believe could have been better (exterior packaging material), but overall it's pretty cool.

I don't think anyone's opinion about it will change, but I think most that purchased it will be content.

*edit: actually, after another examination, it is pretty much cardboard. Don't really know that much about the different types of paper stock/cardboard. Hopefully another's review will be more precise.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I think those judging the package without actually seeing it in the flesh are getting a bit carried away.  To be honest the only way it would live up to the detractors $150 expectations is if it were encased in a titanium shell or something.

Adam claimed the package was largely hand crafted, and it appear that this is somewhat true.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

nxrm already stated that there is "a bit of damage". Don't criticise me for expecting something of a higher quality for $150.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Gwarden
Fanboi

Post by Gwarden »

Thanks for the pictures. Looks gorgeous.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

@crow   are you ever satisfied with any item from the band?  cheap cardboard? talk about high standards......boy i'd like to meet you in person.....
go taff!
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I just got an e-mail from Merch saying that my order shipped today using USPS and they did provide me tracking info.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

budsyralli said
@crow   are you ever satisfied with any item from the band?  cheap cardboard? talk about high standards......boy i'd like to meet you in person.....

It was $150. Wouldn't you expect something a little more durable than cheap cardboard?

As I said nxrm stated that it was already showing signs of damage.

You people just conveniently forget every positive thing I say about the band, don't you.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ilikefoofighters
Bronco's Fan

Post by ilikefoofighters »

Received mine today.  Had 2 copies of each version.  All in great shape, however 1 of my Version 1's is not signed by Adam, I saw on the comments on the main page someone else had the same thing, interesting....

I placed 2 different orders of 1 each.  Each order came in a Cardboard USPS box, 2 copies together in bubble wrap and then 3 copies in bubble wrap, then packed in with Newspaper in the box.