Countdown to Opiate Anniversary package delivery

The Main Event
JimmyRussells
Maynard Believer

Post by JimmyRussells »

Kittaan said

JimmyRussells said
Is there a thread to discuss the Opiate reissue? I don't know what the fuck is going on in this thread.

Discuss away.  What's on your mind?

Mostly just wondering if anyone from the regular sale has gotten a shipping email. I wonder how much longer it's going to take, since the preorders were already shipped.

I was also a bit concerned as the $150 charge was removed from my credit card yesterday, but it seems that's normal and will reoccur when the item ships.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I actually did order one during the public sale, but not for me.  I think it was #1, but I'd have to check.  I have a buddy who is travelling and wanted one (despite my advice).  I haven't gotten anything after the initial confirmation email that came right after I ordered it.  Never checked the credit card.  I'll post on here when the status changes.  I am interested in seeing it personally, but have no interest in owning one.

EDIT:  

NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said 
Was there an indication of shipping time once the order was put in? Should be something between three to six weeks, depending on international or not, right?

According to Toolarmy:

The TOOL shop is a small business run hands-on by TOOL. We are not amazon.com, so please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. We are not responsible for items once they leave our warehouse.

I couldn't see anything equivalent to that on the Toolband store.  I doubt that statement is entirely accurate, as I've recieved and email saying mine has shipped, and my bank account has been charged.  I'd expect the package to arrive in Oz within 2 weeks.

Then again, I'd have expected some Americans may have received theirs by now, so not sure what has really been shipped.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Getting pretty disgruntled with toolband/army merch. I needed to change my shipping address; I received a reply within a day. Now they are stating they are not seeing my purchase for the EP and just the shipping charges and wanted an explanation. I have provided an explanation I bought during the toolarmy pre-sale, the receipt emailed from Tool (gateway@linkpt.net) and shipment number. I have not received any sort of response. Im pretty worried I am not getting this anniversary EP now. I don't know why they haven't contacted me back...this is what they sent me on 3.31. I have emailed them numerous times since then.

We noticed that you purchased a shipping fee in the amount of $7 but didnt
see any other active orders in your toolarmy purchasing history. What is
it for? If you purchased it for an order you placed on our other website
then please email us the order number that you want to apply this too
along with a note explaining the situation. If its not please explain
yourself so we know what to do with your order. Thanks
TOOL ORDERS

C'mon guys- quit leaving me hanging.
Station 52
Maynard Believer

Post by Station 52 »

Your situation scares me Bogart as it is almost identical to my own. I received an order confirmation that had just a shipping charge for $7 on it, though the order receipt shows the correct order total of $159 and change. I have yet to hear from them asking about what the order was for so hopefully I won't run into the same problems as you. Maybe it has something to do with the time you placed the order. Did you buy during the pre-sale or during the public? I bought a series 5 during the presale when they came back on sale after selling out earlier in the day.

And to anyone interested my order that was, again, placed during the presale has not shipped. So I wouldn't hold my breath if you bought during the public.
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

I received an email from merch this past Saturday that my order has shipped, but it is still listed as new in my history..

;-}~
BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

I got an e-mail saying the package was shipped on 3/30/13.  My card was charged on 4/1/13.  Say the package was actually shipped on Tuesday 4/2/13, the latest it should be here would be next Tuesday 4/9/13.  Assuming that a lot were shipped out at the same time, some people should be receiving them today or tomorrow if you're on the west coast.   All speculation at this point, but I'm still in the hope for the best expect the worst.   Maybe it will be here before Memorial Day Weekend
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I started this new thread with some posts from the "Opiate 21st Anniversary reissue on sale to the public" * thread as a place for those waiting for delivery to track and add updates.

* http://www.fourtheye.net/f/department-o ... c/page-11/

Please stick to the topic, this will be moderated.

Hellboy will create a new thread when we have actual details, but we can use this thread to capture initial impressions from those receiving the package - presumably soon.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

This is very frustrating. So there are people who are having issues with their Toolarmy pre-order (like me), but people who did the public sale are getting theirs shipped? The fuck? I don't know what to think. I am hoping I'm getting one, but have yet to get a response from merch about my order that they emailed me about. For some reason, I'm thinking mine didn't process correctly and the one I ordered went to someone else, even though I received 2 confirmations once I placed my order. I want to know who else is having issues and if so, are they gettng replies back from merch...
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

elp5000 said
I received an email from merch this past Saturday that my order has shipped, but it is still listed as new in my history..

;-}~

same here
Korax
Bronco's Fan

Post by Korax »

I was just charged, after my money was put back in from Tool limbo on Tuesday. I had ordered during the public sale and not TA.  Keep checking your statement Bogart, I believe all is well.
perfectool14
Maynard Believer

Post by perfectool14 »

anyone got there's yet? im only about a 6 hour drive from LA and figured it would have been here by now. oh and I bought 2 copies and sold one on ebay for 300. so I got it for free. boom.

'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

perfectool14 said
anyone got there's yet? im only about a 6 hour drive from LA and figured it would have been here by now. oh and I bought 2 copies and sold one on ebay for 300. so I got it for free. boom.

You sound like a "true fan".  Bragging about profiting off other fans will make you quite popular around here.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

perfectool14 said

I don't actually thin any have been shipped, despite some (myself included) getting emails suggesting they have been.  If they had shipped last weekend as suggested, I have no doubt the internet would be covered in photo's of them by now.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

You can't cover the internet, Dweebus.  Geez...
Don't mow your lawn
James
Fanboi

Post by James »

perfectool14 said

If I could karma shot you, I would, but I think you're doing pretty well with it on your own.

JimmyRussells
Maynard Believer

Post by JimmyRussells »

My credit card charge was processing for a while after the initial purchase, then it disappeared, and now it reappeared today. Still no email regarding shipping. Wonder what all this means.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

This just in:  Tool has announced they are retroactively raising the price on the Opiate rerelease to $500.  Your credit card will be charged the additional funds.  Anyone asking for a refund will be branded "Not a TRUE fan"... Yep, you heard that right... if you want a refund, you must agree to be branded by Maynard.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

perfectool14 said

Well done. Stick around - you'll be Mr Popularity.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
This just in:  Tool has announced they are retroactively raising the price on the Opiate rerelease to $500.  Your credit card will be charged the additional funds.  Anyone asking for a refund will be branded "Not a TRUE fan"... Yep, you heard that right... if you want a refund, you must agree to be branded by Maynard.

That sound you just heard was the rush of blood to thousands of fanboi's penises on the premise that they'll be branded by the 'Nard.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ezeric82
Maynard Believer

Post by ezeric82 »

Just got a "order update" from Merch... My order has now been marked as shipped under my order history. What the hell does that mean when I got the same e-mail everyone else got a week ago today?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

ezeric82 said
Just got a "order update" from Merch... My order has now been marked as shipped under my order history. What the hell does that mean when I got the same e-mail everyone else got a week ago today?

Probably means they're actually shipping it now.
SawThatGapAgainToday
Maynard Believer

Post by SawThatGapAgainToday »

I ordered versions 1-4 on presale and v5 on public. I did 2 separate orders on pre sale, one for v1, v4, and another for v2 and v3. I have only got an email for the v1,4 order. Version 5 order doesnt even show up on the site, I have to go to toolband to check it. I cant understand why one order shows up as shipped when both orders were from the same day. And why I have to check 2 different websites for the orders is beyond me. You would figure TA and TB would be linked for orders of users on both sites. I dont care how long it takes I just want to know my 5 versions are locked down for me. 

But hey we are talking about the Tool websites so none of this surprises me. 
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Got a reply from Merch today. The guy said he's been w/ the company for 4 years and has never seen a situation like mine (of course, my luck) and he will get with his manager on Monday to try and get me some more information...
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

Kittaan rocks!

;-}~