Questions for Adam

The Main Event
User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:55 am

Pretty sure he wears make up, someone should ask Adam.

User avatar
Bill Hilly
Droner
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Bill Hilly » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:57 am

Adam: "Yes, you in the back." Fan: "Maynard, Danny, Justin. You have to kill one, fuck one, marry one. Go."
Last edited by Bill Hilly on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy

User avatar
iloveposters
Geacon
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:30 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by iloveposters » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:01 am

We polled 100 audience members. Top 3 answers on the board. We asked, 'Name something likely to occur before TOOL's new album comes out?"

Adam: Ummm.....Maynards new kid graduate's college?
Last edited by iloveposters on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by The Boss » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:02 am

Bill Hilly wrote:Adam: "Yes, you in the back." Fan: "Maynard, Danny, Justin. You have to kill one, fuck one, marry one. Go."
Literal LOL.

(The 'Nard, Justin, Danny).
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
iloveposters
Geacon
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:30 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by iloveposters » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:13 am

Steve Harvey: We polled 100 audience members. Top 5 answers on the board. We asked, 'Give me a reason why someone in their right mind would spend $500 on a TOOL VIP Experience"

Adam: Ummm.....because you get to hear me tell TOOL stories all of which can be obtained for free by listening/reading interviews I have done in the past 20 years?

Steve Harvey: GOOD ANSWER!! GOOD ANSWER!
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT

User avatar
azbay
RIP
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by azbay » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:55 pm

questions I might actually ask if given the chance, seriously, let the berating begin!

1)what is the opinion of the other members have about you doing the VIP? will they ever participate (of course not Maynard but we all know that)?
answer: you have to ask them, or none, and no
2)what TOOL songs do you wish you played more of live at concerts? and will you possibly play it at sound check without Maynard?
answer: Maynards dick, no
3)what is your most paranormal experience you ever had?
answer: rosetta stoned
4)what is problem 8?
answer: Something Blair mentions time to time

ok fun and games, but really? any of these or real ideas to shout out at Jones?

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Ravenpig » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:59 pm

He answered question 2 last year in the Australuan tour: Wings/10,000 Days.

And Rosetta Stoned "happened" to a friend of theirs.

Edit: also, there was a report May Jay showed up for about 5 minutes to one of the first VIPs this tour, though I don't know if it was confirmed or not cause I'm doing my best to avoid spoilery sections.
Hey! Denty!

User avatar
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Posts: 717
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:58 pm
Height: 7.5inches
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by snazzlefrass » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:16 pm

He probably showed up to sell some whine and frown furiously at his fans.
SteveBobSteve

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by The Boss » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:52 pm

azbay wrote:questions I might actually ask if given the chance, seriously, let the berating begin!

1)what is the opinion of the other members have about you doing the VIP? will they ever participate (of course not Maynard but we all know that)?
answer: you have to ask them, or none, and no
2)what TOOL songs do you wish you played more of live at concerts? and will you possibly play it at sound check without Maynard?
answer: Maynards dick, no
3)what is your most paranormal experience you ever had?
answer: rosetta stoned
4)what is problem 8?
answer: Something Blair mentions time to time

ok fun and games, but really? any of these or real ideas to shout out at Jones?
I don't think that they're particularly good questions.

Go left-field. Ask him if he's seriously considered a book or a movie. We vaguely know something about a movie, but what details has he come up with?

How does he see TOOL finishing? One more studio album, a farewell tour, and then a live DVD to wrap it up? Continue indefinitely?

Why is Putin so based? How did we get to the point where the Russian president is a much cooler and badass guy than the American one?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by The Boss » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:53 pm

snazzlefrass wrote:He probably showed up to sell some whine and frown furiously at his fans.
Image
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
Calfium Jay
Duck Sucker
Posts: 2646
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm
Height: 189cm
Location: Between the buttons!!!

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Calfium Jay » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:57 pm

So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

You all just paid $500 to watch Lazy Bones plink around with his guitar and inform you that writing songs is a group process that begins from one simple idea. As if we didn't already know that.

Congratulations.
People like me just want to watch the world burn.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by The Boss » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Calfium Jay wrote:So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

You all just paid $500 to watch Lazy Bones plink around with his guitar and inform you that writing songs is a group process that begins from one simple idea. As if we didn't already know that.

Congratulations.
I always just assumed it was because the band doesn't know either.

Seriously, I think they've been going through a creative drought since at least 2008.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:53 am

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ASK ADAM ABOUT THAT 10,000 DAYS PUZZLE BULLSHIT BLAIR WAS GOING ON ABOUT, THANKS

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by The Boss » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:11 am

That was the puzzle: Realising that there was no puzzle.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 am

How puzzling

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by The Boss » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:58 am

I know, I'm puzzled, too.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Ravenpig » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:48 pm

How about this:

Do studio versions of Cold and Ugly and Jerk-Off exist and if so will they ever be released?

I'm assuming no because Salival and the very popular Opiate re-issue would've been perfect times to release them.

Now that I think of it, anyone think it would've been neat if random copies of the reissue had tracks 1-3 and 6 live with 4 and 5 studio version? I like it.
Hey! Denty!

User avatar
iloveposters
Geacon
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:30 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by iloveposters » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:03 am

Studio versions of cold and uglyn exists
5/20/2001 - NYC, NY
9/22/2001 - Hartford, CT
8/12/2002 - Trenton, NJ
5/20/2006 - NYC, NY
9/28/2006 - Camden, NJ
10/5/2006 - Hartford, CT
10/6/2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
10/7/2006 - Uniondale, NY
8/1/2009 - Jersey City, NY
1/31/2012 - Uncasville, CT

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by The Boss » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:06 am

Ravenpig wrote:How about this:

Do studio versions of Cold and Ugly and Jerk-Off exist and if so will they ever be released?

I'm assuming no because Salival and the very popular Opiate re-issue would've been perfect times to release them.

Now that I think of it, anyone think it would've been neat if random copies of the reissue had tracks 1-3 and 6 live with 4 and 5 studio version? I like it.
What THE FUCK is it with people and this shitty EP? I'VE released better music than "OPIATE".

Why are both the band and the fans OBSESSED with this piece of shit EP?

I don't even think you could call it a TOOL release. It's barely recognisable as something TOOL would do. It's a handful of shitty neo-prog-metal songs that clock in at a few minutes. It shows little in the way of creativity or the direction they would eventually go in.

The only song that comes close to being "fair" is "Sweat"; and that's criminally overlooked by everyone.

FOCUS ON THE GOOD STUFF THEY'VE DONE, RETARDS.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11442
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by hellboy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:20 am

I don't think anyone is overly obsessed with Opiate, it just happens that it was their last release from the band that rarely releases stuff.

I'm interested in hearing some of this music that you've made that is "better" than Opiate.

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Ravenpig » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:56 am

The Boss wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:How about this:

Do studio versions of Cold and Ugly and Jerk-Off exist and if so will they ever be released?

I'm assuming no because Salival and the very popular Opiate re-issue would've been perfect times to release them.

Now that I think of it, anyone think it would've been neat if random copies of the reissue had tracks 1-3 and 6 live with 4 and 5 studio version? I like it.
What THE FUCK is it with people and this shitty EP? I'VE released better music than "OPIATE".

Why are both the band and the fans OBSESSED with this piece of shit EP?

I don't even think you could call it a TOOL release. It's barely recognisable as something TOOL would do. It's a handful of shitty neo-prog-metal songs that clock in at a few minutes. It shows little in the way of creativity or the direction they would eventually go in.

The only song that comes close to being "fair" is "Sweat"; and that's criminally overlooked by everyone.

FOCUS ON THE GOOD STUFF THEY'VE DONE, RETARDS.
Don't be the "don't like what I don't like" guy. Come on.

You think maybe your post was a bit of an overreaction to mine? Nowhere did I heap endless amount of praise on it. Just thought it'd have been neat if they did that "reverse" idea and I'm legit curious about those two songs. (I was not one of the people to buy the reissue, FYI)

I like Opiate, but yes it is easily number 6 on their major releases (huh huh) list.
Hey! Denty!

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Kittaan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 am

I agree, RP's idea was interesting, and ONE of dozens of approaches they could have taken to make the Opiate re-release more interesting to their fan base. Instead, they chose to change the art and packaging. I have zero doubt that Fourtheye members could come up with those dozens on this very thread. There were a number generated when it was announced.

And yeah, Opiate is my least favorite of Tool's releases. I still enjoy it.
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: All of them.

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Calfium Jay wrote:So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

You all just paid $500 to watch Lazy Bones plink around with his guitar and inform you that writing songs is a group process that begins from one simple idea. As if we didn't already know that.

Congratulations.
They've hinted plenty about the direction the next album will be taking in this latest tour.

BlackHole83
Stinkyfist
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 am

Questions for Adam

Post by BlackHole83 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:31 am

[quote="'][' [[]] [[]] ][,"][quote="Calfium Jay"]So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

You all just paid $500 to watch Lazy Bones plink around with his guitar and inform you that writing songs is a group process that begins from one simple idea. As if we didn't already

Who says they need to inform you or any of us for that matter, what they are doing in regards to the next album. Relax man, fuck teasers. Just stay patient and embrace it blindly when it eventually does come out. Plenty of good tunes from others musicians and different genres are out there in the mean time. Whoever bought the VIP did so at their own risk. Nothing was guaranteed to be said or anything. Toke up, shit will happen eventually man. Your stressing yourself out for no reason

User avatar
azbay
RIP
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by azbay » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:48 am

Figured out my question to Adam in Q&A session, "who is the one who pisses you off the most in fourth eye?"
haha c'mon guys make sure you ask open ended questions that is at least a given!

Post Reply