Questions for Adam

The Main Event
User avatar
Bill Hilly
Droner
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:29 pm
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Bill Hilly » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 am

BlackHole83 wrote:
'][' [[]] [[]] ][, wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:So far, it appears that absolutely NOTHING of substance has been gained from these Q&A sessions. We are still absolutely in the dark about the new album. No time frame, no hint of new material, no hint of the direction they are taking, no word on whether any lyrics have been written. Not even as to whether Undertow will be given the reissue treatment. Nothing.

You all just paid $500 to watch Lazy Bones plink around with his guitar and inform you that writing songs is a group process that begins from one simple idea. As if we didn't already

Who says they need to inform you or any of us for that matter, what they are doing in regards to the next album. Relax man, fuck teasers. Just stay patient and embrace it blindly when it eventually does come out. Plenty of good tunes from others musicians and different genres are out there in the mean time. Whoever bought the VIP did so at their own risk. Nothing was guaranteed to be said or anything. Toke up, shit will happen eventually man. Your stressing yourself out for no reason
And remember, this is just blackhole's opinion.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:39 am

Just stay patient as they add new parts to Opiate and charge out the arse for memorabilia.

User avatar
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:49 pm
Location: All of them.

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Ask that fucker when they're gonna fix the goddammed TOOL Army web sight! Assholes.

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Kittaan » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:53 pm

Not Tyson wrote:Just stay patient as they add new parts to Opiate and charge out the arse for memorabilia.
No shit.
Nate wrote:Ask that fucker when they're gonna fix the goddammed TOOL Army web sight! Assholes.
Shit! Totally forgot about that. I was wearing my TA hoodie, which he commented on "there's that little red star" pointing to it and smiling. I said "any plans to get TA working again? A lot of us miss it." He nodded and responded "It's on the list." So basically, nothing new.
Ki77aan :twisted:

trilobite
Rhandy
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:27 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by trilobite » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:22 pm

Boy, they're racking up a pretty huge fckng list aren't they? :p
also, Avatar!

User avatar
joeypants
Goderator
Posts: 1703
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by joeypants » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Kittaan wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:Just stay patient as they add new parts to Opiate and charge out the arse for memorabilia.
No shit.
Nate wrote:Ask that fucker when they're gonna fix the goddammed TOOL Army web sight! Assholes.
Shit! Totally forgot about that. I was wearing my TA hoodie, which he commented on "there's that little red star" pointing to it and smiling. I said "any plans to get TA working again? A lot of us miss it." He nodded and responded "It's on the list." So basically, nothing new.
Haha, that's funny.

I have to say, the new Opiate has really grown on me.

User avatar
limeygringo
Green Herbsman
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:18 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by limeygringo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:11 am

azbay wrote:Figured out my question to Adam in Q&A session, "who is the one who pisses you off the most in fourth eye?"
haha c'mon guys make sure you ask open ended questions that is at least a given!
That's obviously Tyson, and then me. Not that we're in cahoots, just seems to be the m.o.. Then again I am a "lurker".

Cerealously though, no video, DVD, Film questions? Or even Noiseland Arcade?!?! I guess that's why I'm still living in my grandmother's basement. Everyone who's too cool to care can afford it.
Ahhh, Infotainment!

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Kittaan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:16 am

limeygringo wrote:Cerealously though, no video, DVD, Film questions?
This has been mentioned has it not?

He was asked about the lack of live DVD in a couple of different ways at the SF Q&A. He said that they have AT LEAST 2 live DVDs in the can, but all band members agreed they didn't want to release either one as they weren't up to their standards - they didn't represent the band the way they want to. Very fucking disappointing.
He was also asked about his favorite films, directors, comic books etc. He dodged each and every question either by deflecting it back on the person asking or saying it was too difficult to choose just one "What's your favorite food? I like pizza, Chinese, Mexican, etc. Different day, different answer", . He obviously doesn't want to be boxed in on these types of questions.
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
limeygringo
Green Herbsman
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:18 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by limeygringo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:41 am

Oh ok, you got me. I guess the DVD answer has been so overstated in general, before this tour, that I should've known the answer anyway. Glad to know for sure now it actually has been addressed.

But what about The Pot video? A TOOl film? If I had my druthers, my question would be if comics would have anything to do with future band releases due to what we've gotten so far (opiate artwork from the marvel guy), or what the future of tool artwork would look like. But then again, I almost don't want to spoil the surprise. I just would've thought someone paying $500 would've gone in that direction by now. Guess I'll just have to kick back and wait to see.
Ahhh, Infotainment!

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Ravenpig » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:59 am

I can understand a DVD not being up to their standards. How do you show a band whose members generally don't like to be the focus of their own shows on such a format?

I know that with the exception of Danny, I tend not to pay much attention to the guys.
Hey! Denty!

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11442
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by hellboy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:03 am

limeygringo wrote: But what about The Pot video? A TOOl film? If I had my druthers, my question would be if comics would have anything to do with future band releases due to what we've gotten so far (opiate artwork from the marvel guy), or what the future of tool artwork would look like. But then again, I almost don't want to spoil the surprise. I just would've thought someone paying $500 would've gone in that direction by now. Guess I'll just have to kick back and wait to see.
Thing is, there really haven't been many reviews of the VIP sessions. Both of those questions were asked during the Australian sessions from memory, and I'd hazard to guess has also been asked this time around.

Just because it hasn't appeared on Fourtheye or somewhere on the internet, doesn't mean it didn't happen. No need to get all judgmental about VIP ticket holders for questions that most likely have been asked.

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:20 am

I bet that thing to come out of left field is a Tool pinball machine.

User avatar
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Posts: 5784
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:28 pm
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet
Location: Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by The Boss » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 am

Not Tyson wrote:I bet that thing to come out of left field is a Tool pinball machine.
I still say it's a book.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11442
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by hellboy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:40 am

Not Tyson wrote:I bet that thing to come out of left field is a Tool pinball machine.
My respect for Tool would go up infinitely if that were the case

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:45 am

Same.

It's more a personal wish tbh, that Metallica one looked sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

If I was rich I'd have a room full of pinball machines.

I will own Judge Dredd one day.

One day.

[youtube][/youtube]

This youtube channel is porn for me.
Last edited by not tyson on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11442
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by hellboy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:46 am

Not Tyson wrote:Same.

It's more a personal wish tbh, that Metallica one looked sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

If I was rich I'd have a room full of pinball machines.

I will own Judge Dredd one day.

One day.
I share a similar dream. One day I will have a pinball machine of some type.

User avatar
Ravenpig
Peen Taster
Posts: 5111
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Ravenpig » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:18 am

My love for Tool would go way higher if the "curve ball" was nothing.

No new album, no DVD, no live album, NOTHING.

That would be so ridiculously awesome. They'd have trolled the fuck out of all of us because no one expects that, even me who is posting about it. Even the harshest among us expect a new something at some point.

This is NOT a prediction. I fully expect a new album at some point. Which I guess just makes my previous point that much more viable.
Hey! Denty!

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:31 am

I've been saying there is no new album for awhile, still a likely scenario.

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1812
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Ettan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:56 am

If they decide to film for a live DVD it will be ruined with poor editing and snippets of chet zar animations.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11442
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by hellboy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:10 pm

Not Tyson wrote:I've been saying there is no new album for awhile, still a likely scenario.
Depends on what you define as a while. If you mean more than 12 months, then you're probably right.
Ettan wrote:If they decide to film for a live DVD it will be ruined with poor editing and snippets of chet zar animations.
Can I politely suggest you start using The Grudge thread to post your constant negativity towards the band.

User avatar
limeygringo
Green Herbsman
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:18 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by limeygringo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:37 pm

hellboy wrote:
limeygringo wrote: But what about The Pot video? A TOOl film? If I had my druthers, my question would be if comics would have anything to do with future band releases due to what we've gotten so far (opiate artwork from the marvel guy), or what the future of tool artwork would look like. But then again, I almost don't want to spoil the surprise. I just would've thought someone paying $500 would've gone in that direction by now. Guess I'll just have to kick back and wait to see.
Thing is, there really haven't been many reviews of the VIP sessions. Both of those questions were asked during the Australian sessions from memory, and I'd hazard to guess has also been asked this time around.

Just because it hasn't appeared on Fourtheye or somewhere on the internet, doesn't mean it didn't happen. No need to get all judgmental about VIP ticket holders for questions that most likely have been asked.
You're absolutely right and never meant to judge. It's just prime time for news on a band that's damn good at keeping it to a minimum. And after the Facebook trend the other week, it's even more understanble as to why.
Not Tyson wrote:I bet that thing to come out of left field is a Tool pinball machine.
Now you're talking.

Image
Ahhh, Infotainment!

User avatar
Kittaan
Rent Freznor
Posts: 4795
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by Kittaan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:43 pm

Tyson, you better start saving for a double-wide!
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
ilikecheese
Hey Jude
Posts: 2429
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by ilikecheese » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:23 am

I'd take an acre and a few chickens right now...either that or I'm going bach to the beach...which is 'right nea' thu' beach, mon!--
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.

User avatar
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3604
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:22 am

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by N.Y.H.C. » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:28 am

anyone ever ask Adam what his nationality is? just curious.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.

User avatar
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Posts: 5413
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:17 am
Height: 186cm

Re: Questions for Adam

Post by not tyson » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:30 am

Looks like a wop

Post Reply