hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Kittaan said

Ravenpig said
@Hellboy

Danny did play with Pigmy Love Circus on Power of Beef

And Collide, and Belew... and at least one more I believe.

Collaborations don't count apparently.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I would ask if the band has ever contemplated releasing something for Record Store Day
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Bogart said
I would ask if the band has ever contemplated releasing something for Record Store Day

Nice. I'll add it to my list.

SteveBobSteve
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Isn't he an official member of PLC?
Hey! Denty!
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Also, which band they have toured with has the best drugs?

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said
Isn't he an official member of PLC?

He is but I don't think he's an original member
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

Also, which band they have toured with has the best drugs?

Um, Tool doesn't do drugs. That's a preposterous accusation.

SteveBobSteve
Intension
Fanboi

Post by Intension »

Whats his favorite absinthe to drink?

What artists are being considered for the new album art work?

Has he worked more with the talk box guitar solos?

budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

go taff!
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

hellboy1975 said

phox_ said 
Playing on songs and crafting songs for an album are different.  The other three have done the latter.

That wasn't your question though.  Anyway, technically Danny hasn't as we're still yet to see the Volto! album.  And who's to say how much input Adam had on those albums creatively.

I take you point though, but really, why do all 4 members of the band need to be creative in that way?  And let's not forget that Adam creates posters, videos and other artwork fore the band.  He may not release as much music as the other members of the band, but it's harder to argue that he doesn't have a similiar output to other members.

Question seems like a thiny veiled troll to blame Adam for a lack of progress on the album.  

No, I'm just genuinely interested.  I'm not going to argue it because I don't know.

I don't really care about the progress of the new album.  I'll listen to it when I get it.

Edit: I'm more interested in the relationship aspect of putting out projects with other people.  Playing on a song doesn't have the same time commitment.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

snazzlefrack said

The Boss said

fuckyouimdrunk said
I'll be picking a few of these questions to drunkenly blurt out.

If you're going to be drunk anyway, don't be afraid to flick him in the nuts if you get a chance.

Was already on my "To Do" list. Right after Carina Round.

^ Carina fucking Round.  Those tits.  Pictures please.  The non incriminating ones of course.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

phox_ said

hellboy1975 said

phox_ said 
Playing on songs and crafting songs for an album are different.  The other three have done the latter.

That wasn't your question though.  Anyway, technically Danny hasn't as we're still yet to see the Volto! album.  And who's to say how much input Adam had on those albums creatively.

I take you point though, but really, why do all 4 members of the band need to be creative in that way?  And let's not forget that Adam creates posters, videos and other artwork fore the band.  He may not release as much music as the other members of the band, but it's harder to argue that he doesn't have a similiar output to other members.

Question seems like a thiny veiled troll to blame Adam for a lack of progress on the album.  

No, I'm just genuinely interested.  I'm not going to argue it because I don't know.

I don't really care about the progress of the new album.  I'll listen to it when I get it.

^ S'Okay brother I will care enough for both of us.
InFlamesOfBirchmen
My pain is just an excuse

Post by InFlamesOfBirchmen »

Tyson said
What's that on your shirt?

Then I'd punch him in the dick

I laughed way too hard at this.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

phox_ said

Everyone in the band except you has put out music with other people.  Why haven't you?

We're posting sensible questions in here now?  Well here's a sensible answer: He's played on various Melvins and Lustmord albums - do they count?

plus his horrible rendition of the National Anthem at WWE Monday Night Raw. can't forget that classic

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

Have had 3 seperate guitarists who cover a fair bit of Tool's work, who have all mentioned to me how different Parabola seems to be to everything else he has ever written. Even going to the point of saying it sounds like someone else helped write it. If ya got the time , would be good to know whether they are tripping or if he had some kind of outside influence or was influenced by a particular muso when he wrote it..

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Is anything going to happen with ROBERT FRIPP, or am I waaaaay out of the loop?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said

I doubt that any of the rumours in regards to musical collaborations ever really got past the "it'd be cool to work together" stage.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said

I doubt that any of the rumours in regards to musical collaborations ever really got past the "it'd be cool to work together" stage.

http://danielhouse.com/fripp-jones-tool.html

That bloke seemed to think that they had something a little more concrete than idle talk.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Adam and Fripp collaborating together would be a momentous occasion.

Fripp had his blog website a while ago with pictures of the two jamming together (not sure if it's still around).

This reminds me when Adam got a new webmaster just before the release of Lateralus to redesign the T00L website. He got as far as the logo page.

What is the point of half arsed efforts?

Might as well not start anything at all then. Either do it well or not at all.

I don't know how Adam can live with himself. His days are probably incomplete - he buys milk on the day but forgets the  cereal because he's already in the car and can't be fucked going back for it. "Fuck it!," he groans. "I'll make myself a toast sandwich instead and get the cereal in a couple of days," says lazy bones.

Retarded work ethic imo..
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss said

hellboy1975 said

The Boss said

http://danielhouse.com/fripp-jones-tool.html

That bloke seemed to think that they had something a little more concrete than idle talk.

I hope so, but until we get something concrete I'm going to presume it's all talk.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

doors said

I don't know how Adam can live with himself. His days are probably incomplete - he buys milk on the day but forgets the  cereal because he's already in the car and can't be fucked going back for it. "Fuck it!," he groans. "I'll make myself a toast sandwich instead and get the cereal in a couple of days," says lazy bones.

God, that's me. And now it all makes sense why I sympathize with them all the time.
Outsider
My pain is just an excuse

Post by Outsider »

why did your artist fiance feel the need to plagiarize artwork for a hand full of tour posters?
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said

doors said

God, that's me. And now it all makes sense why I sympathize with them all the time.

LOLz
Ki77aan :twisted:
njbrey15
Maynard Believer

Post by njbrey15 »

Aaaaand tyson and the boss are fanatasizing about touching a guys dick..... I am shocked!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

TAoutsider said
why did your artist fiance feel the need to plagiarize artwork for a hand full of tour posters?

Aw man, those were cool. Take it back!

I wish more people would rip off Mucha for poster designs, honestly.