Questions for Adam

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan said
@ Crow - honestly, I think it was the other way around.  I doubt Tyson would have pounced on a guy in the way he did.  And she was just responding in kind in my opinion.  Fairly amusing as well.

Anyway, I was just appealing to your sensibilities, as you've been pretty level headed around here.  And I still have no beef with you.

As many have pointed out, this is just a freakin' web forum, so in the large scheme of things, what the fuck, right?  Hope you're having a good weekend.  I am.  8`)

Exactly. No problems, brother.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Kittaan said
@ Crow - honestly, I think it was the other way around.  I doubt Tyson would have pounced on a guy in the way he did.  And she was just responding in kind in my opinion.  Fairly amusing as well.

Anyway, I was just appealing to your sensibilities, as you've been pretty level headed around here.  And I still have no beef with you.

As many have pointed out, this is just a freakin' web forum, so in the large scheme of things, what the fuck, right?  Hope you're having a good weekend.  I am.  8`)

what happened? did these little boys actually chase away the only piece of pale blonde ass on this site? you fucktards.

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Seeing how "Message to Harry Manback II", "No Quarter" and "LAMC" were recorded during the Aenima sessions, did you record any other material that is yet unreleased in your other studio sessions for your other albums?
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

blondie ill be your friend, you look really cute in that picture
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'm avoiding the review threads to avoid spoilers so may have missed something - does anyone have anything to report on the VIP/Q&A sessions yet?
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

Hope you get to do it HB. Adam is a fucking cool guy who really does appreciate his fans, more than what anyone thinks.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Hotdog said
Hope you get to do it HB. Adam is a fucking cool guy who really does appreciate his fans, more than what anyone thinks.

Unless something unexpected happens, I won't get doing the VIP tour, however if I see him after the show I may ask him a few questions.    Last time around though it was really only Justin and Danny who stuck around for any length of time after the show.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Offer Adam a $20 for a couple of questions.  Couldn't hurt.  

No, I haven't seen any mention of someone who has experienced the magnificence of the VIP experience yet.  Very curious myself.

Guess we may have to wait for our very own Snazz to report back.

EDIT:  Scratch the above, Gwarden found this account of the first night VIP (which contains SPOILERS - so beware)  Interesting read:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 53405&p=14
Ki77aan :twisted:
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Unless something unexpected happens, I won't get doing the VIP tour

READ: I've sucked it more than once, but refused to deep throat all the way, so...
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Adam, now that you all are playing Lateralus AND Aenima AND Opiate in their entirety each night, how hard was it to prepare for such a long show?
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Kittaan said 

EDIT:  Scratch the above, Gwarden found this account of the first night VIP (which contains SPOILERS - so beware)  Interesting read:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 53405&p=14

That sounds really cool. I'd have to have just fallen into a super sweet commission or something to drop $500 on it, but it doesn't sound unreasonable for that kind of interaction. Especially if he were to let you play the fucking guitar. Also, that thread contains another solid explanation of the first night, and shows why it's good to sometimes, oh, give a renowned and amazing band the benefit of the doubt when things aren't 100% up to snuff.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Afterward he fielded some questions. Someone asked how setlists are chosen, without hesitation...the response: "Maynard. Maynard chooses the set. It's whatever he thinks he can manage."

Ha!
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Kind of love the idea that it's Maynard who "somehow" came to the conclusion of "yeah... HWAP every fucking night. I NEED to." hahaha
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

joeypants said
Adam, now that you all are playing Lateralus AND Aenima AND Opiate in their entirety each night, how hard was it to prepare for such a long show?

FUCKING SPOILERZ
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

joeypants said
Kind of love the idea that it's Maynard who "somehow" came to the conclusion of "yeah… HWAP every fucking night. I NEED to." hahaha

Also, the rest of the band need to man up and say "let us play fucking Triad"
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

hellboy1975 said

joeypants said
Kind of love the idea that it's Maynard who "somehow" came to the conclusion of "yeah… HWAP every fucking night. I NEED to." hahaha

THIS... If there were two songs replaced in any of their sets over the last few tours, I'd ask for triad and the grudge for certainly and remove Lateralus and Schism
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

petemasterpete said 
remove Lateralus 
No need to go that far
petemasterpete
Lunchinator

Post by petemasterpete »

dude, I've seen lateralus at every show since 2001 (that's upwards of 15 times)... no problem with it but I'm happy for them to play something else... they could probably fit two or three older tracks into the same amount of time they wank on that
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Let's start with permanently removing Sober and Schism.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Hey, I was glad to finally see Sober last year! Somehow missed it all those times. Although now that I've seen it... haha.

I can't fault ya, but I could honestly hear Schism every show and never tire of it.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

petemasterpete said
dude, I've seen lateralus at every show since 2001 (that's upwards of 15 times)... no problem with it but I'm happy for them to play something else... they could probably fit two or three older tracks into the same amount of time they wank on that

I'm struggling to see your point.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I'm all for "no rules" and try whatever, but I kind of never want Lateralus to leave the set unless they happen to write something even more epic and perfect. But... yeah. Can't seem to ever get tired of hearing it live either.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

badkittygothgirl said
Let's start with permanently removing Sober and Schism.

whoaaa what? can't tell if you're trolling but the Schism jam intro and the extended portion in the middle has to be the reason to keep it.

Sober on the other hand? when I saw them in Jersey last year they had a DJ come out and horrify everyone for about 10 minutes in the middle, so I'm down to strike that one from the multiverse.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy1975 said

joeypants said

amen to that sir.