Tool - Nothin But Love

The Main Event
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Re: Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by snazzl3frass »

I love how Tool keeps us in suspense. “It’s been 13 years, gang, how can we prolong the suspense? .....

Hey great idea!!!”
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Tool - Nothin But Butt Love

Post by nxrm »

Only 80 days to go!!!

\m/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

nxrm wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am Only 80 days to go!!!

\m/
It takes approximately 80 days to travel around the globe in a hot air balloon. Anyone wanna go for a riiiide?
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

lo7us wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:27 pm
nxrm wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am Only 80 days to go!!!

\m/
It takes approximately 80 days to travel around the globe in a hot air balloon. Anyone wanna go for a riiiide?
I kinda do now yeah
Listen to All Them Witches
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Only if I get to steer.
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

Just listened to the end of Reflection and It got me thinking that It could possibly be my favorite end to a TOOL song! The lyrics, the build up, and the overall harmony that concludes. ALL TOOL songs end great but what go you guys think?
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Snip
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I've jokingly hinted on here previously that I haven't been in a good place and am not going to get into the ins and outs of it , nor am I chasing any kind of attention as such but I also kinda feel I'm anonymous enough here to post this and have people understand where I'm coming from.

I feel completely and utterly lost and alone in a relationship despite the fact that we have an endless amount of love towards each other. It came to a head tonight where I was on the floor of my living room a compete and utter wreck sobbing in tears at my wits end of what I can try to do differently to make this work out.

Anyways I decided to put on Lateralus start to finish and not that I wasn't already completely aware of this, it's still nice to be reminded I guess. That album is an absolutely astonishing and incredible piece of music with the most positive and relatable lyrics I have ever heard in my life. Aenima will always be my favourite but the lyrics to that album have truly helped the shaped the man I have become and how I try to approach my relationships with those I hold dearest.

Tldr: when life gives you lemons.. listen to Lateralus
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Dude my girlfriend broke up with me on Friday and I am totally ruined. The guilt and shame of knowing I could of and should of done things differently is unbearable. If you know something needs to change do whatever it takes and don't take for granted for one second that you are an item. Hope you can work things out, all the best.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Sorry to hear mate. I really am. Chin up and all the best with it bro. Whatever's meant to be will be
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Cheers mate, tough times ahead but I've been here before just gotta buckle down an get on with it.👍
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

@Busty and Geacon
Sorry that life is tough at the moment and I hope you both end up with the relationships you want. Can I suggest (as much as I love sharing Tool with my Bloke) that you don't play it for the makeup sex.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Thanks liz that's nice of you to say. It's all good these parts of life are the best learning experiences. Bad timing tho I should be watching tool literally right now but am curled up in bed instead. Have to leave for work at 4am tomorrow aswell tho so just want meant to be this time.

On the plus side being single again means I'll be loaded soon so can just go see tool wherever the fuck I want.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Bit cringy taking about it on here tho actually but that's the beauty of being anonymous on the Internet I guess!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Solid suggestion thanks mate. I usually like to go for punk songs so I can least fit half of the song in mid coitus :lol:

Unrelated but you should consider doing the reef tomorrow by looks of the wind chart. Blowing up for rest of the week as of Wednesday
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

75 days to go! \m/
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

You guys sharing your Tool stories have inspired me to share mine! I've been thinking about posting it for awhile.

I recently got hit with some rejection that nearly broke me with the weight of a lifetime's worth of troubles. A girl that I was connecting with really well and found more intriguing than any other turned the tables on me in a rough manner. That first night after the fact was killer, and I cried the following morning, which is something I haven't done in a decade. I realized that I had to either crumble or grow, and so I chose the latter. Since then I've been relentlessly seeking change. There are certain things that I've had a hard time facing or resolving that I'm not turning away from any longer, even though I have to face them alone, which sucks hard but can't be helped.

Tool's music has been a great accompaniment for this transformation of mine. There's other music that I listen to that helps too of course (Last Cup of Sorrow by Faith No More needs a shout), but nothing does it like Tool. Part of my process involves work with psychedelics, where I'll sit in a dark room with good head phones on and try to get as deep into my mind as possible. Nothing can peel back my ego quite like Merkaba can. That song is a masterpiece of sound manipulation. I would give up so many things to be able to hear that live.

Anyway, I'm incredibly grateful to have something like Tool's music that I can reliably use time and time again to lift me into higher states of being.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Looks like the lads had a pretty good time at Download. Lots of interacting on stage and generally just having fun. Great to see.

Also really digging the current set list.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

First day of summer (for those of us in the Northern hemisphere) and only 70 days until the new Tool album!!! \m/
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

nxrm wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:17 am First day of summer (for those of us in the Northern hemisphere) and only 70 days until the new Tool album!!! \m/
Congrats on making it this far NX you have this in the bag at this point. I hope when you hear it on August 30th it is everything you could have hoped for and more.

Snaz and I made vows of solidarity for those of you that are abstaining from early listens and I have to say shockingly I have not bashed on George R.R. Martin since I made that vow. I am not sure what I am more excited about, the new album coming out on August 30th or getting to unload an epic rant about Martin when the album drops :lol:
The most intelligent person on this forum
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

M0G wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:59 pm Congrats on making it this far NX you have this in the bag at this point. I hope when you hear it on August 30th it is everything you could have hoped for and more.

Snaz and I made vows of solidarity for those of you that are abstaining from early listens and I have to say shockingly I have not bashed on George R.R. Martin since I made that vow. I am not sure what I am more excited about, the new album coming out on August 30th or getting to unload an epic rant about Martin when the album drops :lol:
Looking forward to the album title, the artwork/packaging/whatever, and maybe the track list...but that's it.

I'm not reading any reviews, listening to any singles, nothing...straight up audio immersion once I have the album in hand, or downloaded, or however it'll be released.

I think I'm going to have to keep away from this place once reviews start coming out though...and looking forward to that GRRM rant. :D
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

nxrm wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:17 am only 70 days until the new Tool album!!! \m/

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

M0G wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:59 pm Snaz and I made vows of solidarity
No idea what you’re talking about, I must have been high.

Congrats for those that have thus far avoided hearing the new tunes. I stopped listening about a week ago and will wait out for the release. That goes for all Tool songs, I’m de-Tooling myself for the next couple months. Then I’ll re-Tool myself. Heh
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Congrats for those that have thus far avoided hearing the new tunes. I stopped listening about a week ago and will wait out for the release. That goes for all Tool songs, I’m de-Tooling myself for the next couple months. Then I’ll re-Tool myself. Heh
dont be such a tool! ;)

i can mostly do without any old ones but im still checkin' youtube seeing if any good footage is around just to glance at for a bit. it will be nice when whatever comes out is just out and no more crazy speculation about everything.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I'll say the one thing that's almost knocked my Tool kick off the rails is that Bob Lazar episode of JRE, holy shit.

But then I just start thinking of Faaip De Oiad and wonder, "did Bob know the guy calling in to Art Bell?"
Ahhh, Infotainment!