Tool - Nothin But Love

The Main Event
Korax
Bronco's Fan

Post by Korax »

My greatest Tool experience ever was being able to see them twice in one week back in 2002.  The first show, on 10-25-02 in Amherst, MA was amazing, mainly because it was a small college arena and I was right up front.  Just feet away from Adam.  The crowd was very respectful and the band sounded incredible.  Three days later, I saw them in Lowell, MA and decided to hang out to the right of the soundboard.  I had a perfect view and got to hear them play "Third Eye" for the first time.  Pretty damned remarkable.  I also noticed a Homer Simpson doll head on the soundboard that lit up red occasionally.  Not sure what triggered this, but it was cool nonetheless.  Also the first and only time I've seen Maynard painted head to toe.  Pretty rad.  Both shows are thankfully on Youtube.

Third Eye -

Baseball_TOOL
Maynard Believer

Post by Baseball_TOOL »

I wake up about 6 a.m every morning and go workout to this playlist 

1. Intolerance 

2. The Pot 

3. Aenema 

4. Rosetta Stoned 

5. Pushit (album version) 

6. Jambi 

7. Undertow

8. Forty Six & 2

9. Lateralus 

10. Eulogy 

11. Vicarious 

That playlist gets me all hot and sweaty 

FUCKIN TOOL 
Baseball_TOOL
Maynard Believer

Post by Baseball_TOOL »

Btw my favorite Tool song is by far Aenema 

I remember buying that album and hearing that song for the first time and just standing there in my room in a complete daze thinking to myself "FUCK YES" 

BlindnCynical
formery Umadbrah?

Post by BlindnCynical »

Baseball_TOOL said

1. Intolerance 

2. The Pot 

3. Aenema 

4. Rosetta Stoned 

6. Jambi 

7. Undertow

8. Forty Six & 2

9. Lateralus 

10. Eulogy 

11. Vicarious 

FUCKIN TOOL 

I'm going to workout to this exact playlist tonight.  Just because you posted it.

phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Baseball_TOOL said

1. Intolerance 

2. The Pot 

3. Aenema 

4. Rosetta Stoned 

6. Jambi 

7. Undertow

8. Forty Six & 2

9. Lateralus 

10. Eulogy 

11. Vicarious 

FUCKIN TOOL 

I figured "The Grudge" and "Parabola" would be part of a workout playlist.

Korax
Bronco's Fan

Post by Korax »

BlindandCynical said

Baseball_TOOL said

1. Intolerance 

2. The Pot 

3. Aenema 

4. Rosetta Stoned 

6. Jambi 

7. Undertow

8. Forty Six & 2

9. Lateralus 

10. Eulogy 

11. Vicarious 

FUCKIN TOOL 

I'm going to workout to this exact playlist tonight.  Just because you posted it.

I could picture myself in a Rocky style workout montage to "Hush."
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

toolphishdhs said
 I hope that the new album sounds like the new album, i want a completely different direction that doesnt sound anything like any of the previous albums. (not too much to ask given the length of time it is taking,  Mog)

^

This.

At the time when it was released Aenima was the music of my youth.

If they do choose to revisit the past, I hope they will have long opuses with lots of time signatures and a closing mind-fucking orgasm to tie it all together in the end kind of thing (e.g. Third Eye). I also love songs like Jimmy - "short" songs by Tool standards that have a kick and punch to it.

Tool did the whole "don't take me too seriously" approach on Aenima and it worked very well - they didn't go far with it as to detract it from the album (Message to, Intermission, and Aenema). This is one of the reasons why I think its their most complete album.

Whereas 10000 Days had some brilliant songs on there but the comedic melodies of 'The Pot' and 'Rosetta Stoned' polarized the main album theme of grief/getting over loss in Wings and 10000 Days. I did find it bizarre at the time for a band like Tool to do that. But they're Tool so who am I to judge?

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

played Wings For Marie and 10,000 Days for my girl when her pops passed away a couple of years ago. didn't tell her why. I just explained the lyrics and why it needed two parts. I couldn't really identify because I've never lost anyone that was "good" let alone an angel. it was nice to share it with someone who is just a casual Tool fan during a shit time.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

doors said

toolphishdhs said
 I hope that the new album sounds like the new album, i want a completely different direction that doesnt sound anything like any of the previous albums. (not too much to ask given the length of time it is taking,  Mog)

^

This.

At the time when it was released Aenima was the music of my youth.

If they do choose to revisit the past, I hope they will have long opuses with lots of time signatures and a closing mind-fucking orgasm to tie it all together in the end kind of thing (e.g. Third Eye). I also love songs like Jimmy - "short" songs by Tool standards that have a kick and punch to it.

Tool did the whole "don't take me too seriously" approach on Aenima and it worked very well - they didn't go far with it as to detract it from the album (Message to, Intermission, and Aenema). This is one of the reasons why I think its their most complete album.

Whereas 10000 Days had some brilliant songs on there but the comedic melodies of 'The Pot' and 'Rosetta Stoned' polarized the main album theme of grief/getting over loss in Wings and 10000 Days. I did find it bizarre at the time for a band like Tool to do that. But they're Tool so who am I to judge?

It's all about the equilibrium...

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Looooooooooooooooove Tool, love Schism & Sober, I just wish their albums didn't have so much filler, The Patient? Please.
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

Are you saying "The Patient" is filler?
in_the_blender
Bronco's Fan

Post by in_the_blender »

I loved TooL, now i can't bring myself to listen to it unless someone requests it.

A combination of years of overplay, a natural expansion of tastes and genres, Maynard and Adam being pompous douchebags and the general cock-suckery of their whole operation.

We're like a separated couple, only see each other when we're drunk, fuck once or twice, then wake up in the morning and remember all the reasons we broke up in the first place.

There will always be a place in my heart, you cunts.

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children said

Who cares?  Not worth an argument.  All good.  Keep it positive.  He is messing around with you.  The Patient is quality.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

in_the_blender said
I loved TooL, now i can't bring myself to listen to it unless someone requests it.

A combination of years of overplay, a natural expansion of tastes and genres, Maynard and Adam being pompous douchebags and the general cock-suckery of their whole operation.

We're like a separated couple, only see each other when we're drunk, fuck once or twice, then wake up in the morning and remember all the reasons we broke up in the first place.

There will always be a place in my heart, you cunts.

Post Of The Week, imho. I couldn't agree more.

"Jimmy" was my favourite song ever until I had heard "Lateralus". Now "Jimmy" is my second favourite.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

My "TOOL Mixtape":

Useful Idiot

H

Jimmy

Aenima

Eulogy

The Patient

Mantra

Lateralus

The Pot

Lost Keys / Rosetta Stoned

Intension

You Lied

Faaip De Oiad

Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

M0gZilla said

children said

Who cares?  Not worth an argument.  All good.  Keep it positive.  He is messing around with you.  The Patient is quality.

Just clarifying... a guy can ask a question, can't he?
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

doors said
Wings, 10000 Days and Intension are my favourites of that album. I'm praying that Adam's fetish for the talkbox is long gone. Let's face the facts now and say that it didn't work (Jambi). The sound of that thing was annoying and corny as fuck!

I hope they build on from Aenima - less rigid math sounds (Laterlaus) to more kick-ass songs with feeling (Aenima).

Agreed. I usually fast-forward or turn down that part of the song. Other than that Jambi is pretty good, especially the end. Intension makes me emotional as fuck every time I hear it. Rosetta is a beast. The Pot breakdown part gives me a half chub.

Not to be one of "those fans" but Aenima helped me through some tough times. My mother had just passed and in a sense the album helped me move on. My mother and I were very close. When Wings/10K days came out it was really emotional to go through for me. Now I listen to it and remember the good times. I wish she was still here but what evs. I've got a big family that is very supportive.

Tool may piss me off once in a while (TA mostly), but overall I'm still a fan. If I'm fucking pissed, I listen to Ticks or The Grudge. When I'm feeling frisky, I listen to Pushit. When I'm loaded, Lateralus album.

Tool will stop making music eventually, but the music they have made is fucking mint. Of course, people will disagree. Doesn't matter to me. To each his own for fucks sake. Each album has its own thing going on, and that's what keeps it fresh after all these years.

To end my 400th post, I'll just say I'm really looking forward to our trip to Aussieland. Hope to see some of you there, I'm sure it will be a good time. I'll be the tall TA shirt-wearing fuck standing next to a short little redhead. Don't mind her, she doesn't have a soul.
SteveBobSteve
dickleiper
of Arimathea

Post by dickleiper »

I have nothin but love for Tool!

they have been inspiring me since 1996. my passion for this band goes beyond anything i have ever known. My loving wife is fully aware she sits in second place and even insisted i take up the VIP offer this tour.

To echo snazzles comments, I too was hand held by Tool during some dark times in my life and i guess i repay them for that by forking out the cash each time they visit us.

i cannot wait for the next journey....
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

dickleiper said
I have nothin but love for Tool!

they have been inspiring me since 1996. my passion for this band goes beyond anything i have ever known. My loving wife is fully aware she sits in second place and even insisted i take up the VIP offer this tour.

To echo snazzles comments, I too was hand held by Tool during some dark times in my life and i guess i repay them for that by forking out the cash each time they visit us.

i cannot wait for the next journey....

While I respect your passion for the band, I would never put my wife below them. Tool has never sucked my dick, and to be honest none of the band members are attractive to me.

She loves Tool, I love Tool. But her whispering eye comes wayyyy before Tool's third eye.
SteveBobSteve
Casey Tatum
Geacon

Post by Casey Tatum »

This one is much better. Perfect sync!

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I guess doors missed the whole point of this thread...post deleted!
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee Tool.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by Ravenpig »

Ok, as lame as I think The Grudge thread is, what's going on in it totally kills the point of it.

SO HERE YOU GO

As for the "Lateralus" conversation going on, it's my favorite Tool album...depending on the day of the week.

It's in my top 3 overall, also depending on the day.
Hey! Denty!
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Re: Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

@ Calfium Jay I have the same songs on my "quick" Tool iTunes playlist. just take out "The Pot" and add "Right In Two". that's amazing, I mean what are the odds? has to be in the billions because of their entire catalog mixed with the combo of picking 13 specific songs.

@ M0G to stay on topic the Uniondale show back in 2006 seems like two lifetimes ago for me. so many things have changed in my life since that night. I would have never guessed how special it was. out of the five best friends I sat with two are not even alive anymore. fuck man.....
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.