Re: Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by not tyson »

10/ you unquotable bastard
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Reading TOOL virginity-popping stories is the best. I fucking love it.

Pro Tip: I lost my virginity while I played "Stinkfist".

*struts*
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The Boss wrote:Reading TOOL virginity-popping stories is the best. I fucking love it.

*struts*
Hahaha right on! You lasted (at a maximum) 5 minutes and 11 seconds [WINKING FACE]. That's better than I can do now. Knuckles.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ettan wrote:i've tried to get people into Tool but everyone says "It's just noise, no chorus and the songs are to long." Every. Time.
God forbid you should ever, EVER play Nurse With Wound for them.

But anyhoo...that's actually a great idea for a thread:

Reactions To Tool From Non Tool Fans

Love it. I have a few stories of my own if.....er....<sweats>....anyone's...<gulp>.........interested???

Ooh boy.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
The Boss wrote:Reading TOOL virginity-popping stories is the best. I fucking love it.

*struts*
Hahaha right on! You lasted (at a maximum) 5 minutes and 11 seconds [WINKING FACE]. That's better than I can do now. Knuckles.
I actually didn't cum until my first real girlfriend.

Lay it on us, Cal!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

The Boss wrote:I was . . . fourteen? I was in foster care. I had saved up my cash to get a CD/tape player/recorder. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

"Stinkfist" had caught my ear a few times, as it was on fairly heavy rotation on Triple J (Aussies? Do you remember?). I'd FINALLY got to the point where I had trapped that bastard: I finally owned "Stinkfist".

Man, I played that sucker on repeat for weeks. I was huge into writing (lol even then) and lyrics, so I used to stick my ear RIGHT into a speaker just to hear what was being said.

I was way off, I would learn eventually; but fuck it - that was never the point.

I didn't hear much from this incredibly new band that was so unlike NIRVANA, PEARL JAM, or BUSH. My beloveds had had to take a backseat to this bizarre new thing. It wasn't music. It was . . . weird, man. Exciting.

Things fell apart in my foster home, as they do. Homeless. Got given an apartment as a trial to see if fifteen year olds could cut it on their own. I did.

You had me at "foster care".

<tears up>
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay wrote:
The Boss wrote:I was . . . fourteen? I was in foster care. I had saved up my cash to get a CD/tape player/recorder. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

"Stinkfist" had caught my ear a few times, as it was on fairly heavy rotation on Triple J (Aussies? Do you remember?). I'd FINALLY got to the point where I had trapped that bastard: I finally owned "Stinkfist".

Man, I played that sucker on repeat for weeks. I was huge into writing (lol even then) and lyrics, so I used to stick my ear RIGHT into a speaker just to hear what was being said.

I was way off, I would learn eventually; but fuck it - that was never the point.

I didn't hear much from this incredibly new band that was so unlike NIRVANA, PEARL JAM, or BUSH. My beloveds had had to take a backseat to this bizarre new thing. It wasn't music. It was . . . weird, man. Exciting.

Things fell apart in my foster home, as they do. Homeless. Got given an apartment as a trial to see if fifteen year olds could cut it on their own. I did.

<tears up>
I know that feel brother.

Wait, are we both "orphans"?!

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The Boss wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:

<tears up>
I know that feel brother.

Wait, are we both "orphans"?!

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.
Wow. I'm genuinely sorry.. I had no idea you went thru foster. That's not easy on anyone.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I wouldn't be surprised if we all had tough times growing up. Tool helped us all in one way or another. I lost my father to brain cancer when I was 15.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

xZ1mM3r wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we all had tough times growing up. Tool helped us all in one way or another. I lost my father to brain cancer when I was 15.
Totally agree with you.

And sorry about your dad, man. That must've been fucking horrific as a kid. :(
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The Boss wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we all had tough times growing up. Tool helped us all in one way or another. I lost my father to brain cancer when I was 15.
Totally agree with you.

Yeah it was tough. But your situation seems just as tough ...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Totally agree with you.

Yeah it was tough. But your situation seems just as tough ...
It's all dependent on what you can take. You might think needles are fucking nothing; and yet they freak me the hell out, for example.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

^I never minded needles until about five years ago...

I had some blood drawn yesterday,
then went to work, and immediately cut my knuckle wide-open-

I thought, "OK, I'm done giving blood for the day."

Giving blood and keeping the faith I reckon...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

ilikecheese wrote:^I never minded needles until about five years ago...

Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed; amirite.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Good point boss. It's all relative. No one can full understand another's pain. Simple try to help anyway they can. I have a new found respect for you. Maybe due to matts revalation on FE. Or just myself making changes in my life. I would genuinely like to have a beer with you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

xZ1mM3r wrote:Good point boss. It's all relative. No one can full understand another's pain. Simple try to help anyway they can. I have a new found respect for you. Maybe due to matts revalation on FE. Or just myself making changes in my life. I would genuinely like to have a beer with you.
Likewise, mate. ;)
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The Boss wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:^I never minded needles until about five years ago...

Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed; amirite.
ummm....

the adult in me says ew!

but the kid in me says yes!

go tool!
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

All this love is freaking me out.

In a good way
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

'][' [[]] [[]] ][, wrote:The first time I heard TOOL I was burning down this gook fuckers hooch. It was 1967 South Viet Nam and we were choppered into the DMZ to cut enemy supply lines. I was really into shooting smack and banging bokodinkydow hookers. This gook village had neither but they did have an ample supply of RedBull. We were jacked up on about four cans each as we rounded up the villagers to interrogate them. We were in a frenzy 'cause earlier that day our buddy was killed by a sniper while updating his facebook. It was a different time back then what with all the hippies and that son of a bitch Regan in the White House. I was starting to get the shakes 'cause I hadn't shot up since breakfast when Sargent Barnes popped this one old gooker right in the head with a round from his AR. And like that it was on. My buddy texted me, "lets do this whole fuckin village". Just then someone took the Creedence CD out of the Humvee and put on this sound that I had never heard before. I didn't know it at the time but the song that played was Stinkfist. That village might have stood there a thousand years but they never saw the men of Kilo Company 2nd Batallion 5th Marines coming that day.
Kittaan wrote:Edit: Well done. Now, can you please animate the monkey in your avatar and make him tell the story? In between drags on the cig?
hahahaha
great post, btw=)
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Ain't nuthin but an OGT thang, baby.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I'll be fucked if TOOL T-shirts aren't the fucking best designed band T-shirts in the world.

Seriously, I've been without a TOOL T-shirt for eight months or so one time, and it was brutal.

Shit is off the hook.

So much for getting to know someone....
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I'd love to see some Tool college shirts or hoodies w/o zipper.
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by BlackHole83 »

I had a wicked TOOL "army" cap years ago. I fucking lost it when I moved overseas. I can't find it anywhere online. It's pissin me off.

How many TOOL shirts/gear have you owned over the years?

Not as many as one would expect. But I've had roughly 12-15 shirts both long and short sleeve. Black, grey and white. Every show I've bought a shirt except BDO. The amount of money I have spent with gear, tickets, hotels, rentals, airfare is staggering. This is over 17 years. But there is still LOVE
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

I've own one shirt. I never use band shirts in public though, just at concerts.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

BlackHole83 wrote:I had a wicked TOOL "army" cap years ago. I fucking lost it when I moved overseas. I can't find it anywhere online. It's pissin me off.

How many TOOL shirts/gear have you owned over the years?

Not as many as one would expect. But I've had roughly 12-15 shirts both long and short sleeve. Black, grey and white. Every show I've bought a shirt except BDO. The amount of money I have spent with gear, tickets, hotels, rentals, airfare is staggering. This is over 17 years. But there is still LOVE
Honestly, that is fucking hot to hear, dude. I love it.

I was going to rock my MELMET T tomorrow night, because that fucking design is wicked-fun, but now I'm thinking my TOOL T.

So much for getting to know someone....