Tool - Nothin But Love

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Tool - Nothin But Love

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:It never bothers me greatly when they tour, but enough is enough - time to get the album done.
Do you have any guess on actual progress and a realistic timeline? I know you're a fan like us but you have some sources. Are we looking at another 2 years before an album?
I don't have any insight that isn't out in the public domain. My guess is still that they will record later this year, and release something mid-2015. It wouldn't surprise me to see this blow out though but I still hold out for a 2015 release.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

BlackHole83 wrote:Fair enough HB. I have the same frustration. But I could never turn down a live show if it comes my way
Me either, but if any of them asked me would I rather a show next month, or an album, I'd pick the album every time.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:It never bothers me greatly when they tour, but enough is enough - time to get the album done.
Do you have any guess on actual progress and a realistic timeline? I know you're a fan like us but you have some sources. Are we looking at another 2 years before an album?
I don't have any insight that isn't out in the public domain. My guess is still that they will record later this year, and release something mid-2015. It wouldn't surprise me to see this blow out though but I still hold out for a 2015 release.
That seems reasonable... but i also believed Danny in 2011 ... and 12... and 13 haha. I think they have a lot of stuff recorded (and by recorded i guess i mean put together, not actual studio recordings).. When adam said they have 1 song that was near complete I felt so let down. I mean its hard to say what he means when he says near complete, but given everything weve heard about different tracks and jam sessions, i figured the would have a lot more completed. Especially when you think that a Tool record really only contains around 6-8 songs. A few of which will be broken into 2 tracks ie. parabol/a, lostkeys/rosetta stoned, wings/10000 days. Then of course you have the filler tracks ie. mantra, intermission, faaip. Its not like they have 20 songs per album, though i get it, theyre songs are much more in depth than the average bands, bottom line is they only need roughly 6 or 7 real songs to have an album.... thats less than a song per year at this point haha.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

I'm still down for my $100 15 minute epic track download to support their legal costs. I mean think about it, can they hit 10k? 25k? 50k? downloads. probably. get MJK on that shit, master it. put it online in the meantime. innovative, cash grab, fan pleasing all in one.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:I'm still down for my $100 15 minute epic track download to support their legal costs. I mean think about it, can they hit 10k? 25k? 50k? downloads. probably. get MJK on that shit, master it. put it online in the meantime. innovative, cash grab, fan pleasing all in one.
Not sure why we have to support their legal costs.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:I'm still down for my $100 15 minute epic track download to support their legal costs. I mean think about it, can they hit 10k? 25k? 50k? downloads. probably. get MJK on that shit, master it. put it online in the meantime. innovative, cash grab, fan pleasing all in one.
We support the legal costs of almost every company who produce things we use. Tool are no different in this regards.

I don't think Tool should do any kind of crowdfunding for the legal defence, and very much doubt that it has even been considered.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kickstarter for Tool's legal bills and potato salad.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:
We support the legal costs of almost every company who produce things we use. Tool are no different in this regards.

I don't think Tool should do any kind of crowdfunding for the legal defence, and very much doubt that it has even been considered.
they sure seem to be bitching about it a lot lately. shit came out of no where. even with the internet no one had a clue this was going on for the past 7 years? I mean really? so I'm buying in. fans want new music, this seems to be the reason why we haven't had any. so kill two birds with one stone, it's not that out there fellas.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Nothing but love people. Posts will start getting deleted from now.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

stoked on new tool for the future....
go taff!
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

I was so fucking dissapointed, and literally have been teased to death. There were some sparks, like some cool instagram photo, or some sort of info throughout the years but eventually these were leading to more and more suffering. Yes, I care, and yes it was tedious and so fucking humiliating (fucking same lame setlist, same interviews, silence, blankets and more fucking blankets etc)

But Monster Mash did it again for me.

When I saw the setlist, i knew it'll be a rejuvenating multi-orgasm (The Grudge is my all time favourite track in the world by anyone, no Lateralus (keeping a break does justice for the track also and us too by not repeating it to death), Parabola, etc.
And they fucking dressed like Led Zeppelin, and after watching the youtube videos i have to say, they have come back. This Tool is not the same tool as the last couple of years. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK is just happening when No Quarter begins, its like, okay people, we're back. And what a fucking statement did they make with this show. Holy fucking shit.
Have you seen Justin freaking out in the Opiate thing? The Tool train is back, and they sound so tight and so alive, its literally bringing me back to the good old days of being a Tool fan. And fuck me, its almost like its washed away a great share of pain caused by the waiting all these years.

Waiting for this album totally worth it, not only because of the material itself, but because they are in such an extremely good shape musically their live shows supporting this album will be as epic as in the Lateralus era. And i hope they'll invite Meshuggah again.

I love this band, they are the best in the whole fucking world.

And by the way, the VIP event idea and execution seems like a fair, and good thing to me. 500bucks for this is not a rip off.
Booze, food, and your favourite band jamming to you, basically inviting you to The Loft Atmosphere, letting you do a Q n A, the video memorabilia, etc... its cool.

Hearing the Grudge Instrumental version live is something i would pay alone. Lucky fuckers!
lo7us

Post by lo7us »

_peterpwn wrote:I was so fucking dissapointed, and literally teased to death. There were some sparks, like some cool instagram photo, or some sort of info throughout the years but eventually these were leading to more and more suffering. Yes, I care, and yes it was tedious and so fucking humiliating (fucking same lame setlist, same interviews, silence, blankets and more fucking blankets etc)

But Monster Mash did it again for me.

When I saw the setlist, i knew it'll be a rejuvenating multi-orgasm (The Grudge is my all time favourite track in the world by anyone, no Lateralus (keeping a break does justice for the track also and us too by not repeating it to death), Parabola, etc.
And they fucking dressed like Led Zeppelin, and after watching the youtube videos i have to say, they have come back. This Tool is not the same tool as the last couple of years. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK is just happening when No Quarter begins, its like, okay people, we're back. And what a fucking statement did they make with this show. Holy fucking shit.
Have you seen Justin freaking out in the Opiate thing? The Tool train is back, and they sound so tight and so alive, its literally bringing me back to the good old days of being a Tool fan. And fuck me, its almost like its washed away a great share of pain caused by the waiting all these years.

Waiting for this album totally worth it, not only because of the material itself, but because they are in such an extremely good shape musically their live shows supporting this album will be as epic as in the Lateralus era. And i hope they'll invite Meshuggah again.

I love this band, they are the best in the whole fucking world.

And by the way, the VIP event idea and execution seems like a fair, and good thing to me. 500bucks for this is not a rip off.
Booze, food, and your favourite band jamming to you, basically inviting you to The Loft Atmosphere, letting you do a Q n A, the video memorabilia, etc... its cool.

Hearing the Grudge Instrumental version live is something i would pay alone. Lucky fuckers!
Agreed.

Good post.
From bearded clam cums bearded jam
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

i'm probably representing the minority here, but NO LASERS !!!! FINALLY !! THANK YOU LORD, wish i were there :cry:
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

I always wanted a studio version of Cold & Ugly because that song is just badass... The only version ive ever heard is the Live version on Opiate. Well lucky me, i stumbled across this gem while listening to Tool on Youtube today.

[youtube][/youtube]
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

This is entirely my wish full thinking and has no merit what so ever, but I would hope the new album drops in May or June around the 10th year of 10,000 Days. In my fantasy is Tool will tour in Jan. and get back together getting into the groove of things again. Then in February start recording with Maynard. Then Maynard does his thing with Pusicfer in March and April. Which I am stoked to see Pusicfer again on March 17th(a day after my birthday, happy bday present to me). While he is doing Puscifer, Tool does the final touches on the album and get that's baby mastered in Maine and blows it up around May or June. :lol: :roll:

Now will this happen? Fuck no, but a man can dream, right? Tool can tour a bit in the summer and Maynard can get back to harvest in the fall then they can tour again in the winter! Would be glorious. This is what I thought of while taking my morning dump, hahaha!
Last edited by the chill on Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Ha! I read this as I was taking my morning dump.

Perhaps, 4-5 years ago, I might have thought this could be a possibility. These days, I'll just be happy to finally see an official release date if/when that happens & what a bloody glorious day that'll be. :D
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

If Tool are yet to record (and there's no indication that they have) then there is no chance there will be a release of the album in May or June. At this point in time best case scenario is probably late 2016, and there's no guarantees of a 2016 release at all.

I wish it were different.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It'll be out in 2016
Don't mow your lawn
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:It'll be out in 2016
I admire your foolish optimism. :P
Listen to All Them Witches
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

The glass is 1/2 TooL
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

Specter wrote:The glass is 1/2 TooL
You are funny...

I am hoping that we have had the wool pulled over our eyes and something appears out of nowhere.... Unlikely maybe, but it would be cool...
Be good to each other.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Actually it'll probably be early 2017. Sorry for any hopes I may have gotten up.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

man oh man I love me some Tool...I really do...............................now when's this fucking album coming out?!
blacksabbath
Duck Hater

Post by blacksabbath »

It will be out sometime between now 2019. I'm thinking no later than 2018. I highly doubt 2016 and feel like 2017 is 50/50.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

They hit the studio around November 2016. That's my guess. I suppose it's not a completely ridiculous prediction but I seriously doubt it will be anytime before that.

Not really bothered anyway. There's a crapload of new stuff coming out in the meantime.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris