has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Justin signed his name in gold.

Maybe THAT'S the ticket!
Don't mow your lawn
bill462
Bronco's Fan

Post by bill462 »

The band Tool seems to be a perfectionist and I respect that.  They don't need or expect any topgun fan following them around for every show selling cheese sandwiches to get money to get to the next town.  Les Miserables or whatever is probably the same dealie from town to town too.  wait, what thread is this?
vuduuu
Bronco's Fan

Post by vuduuu »

congrats if you got one basejumper anyway! lucky sobs.... early access to cd? loft visit? backstage at next gig closest to you? Surprised the prize isn't listed on the ticket!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

NYHC81 said

Official Fourtheye CheeseMonger said

Banana Phone said

markuspoop said

Baseball_TOOL said
Also it's not like it really upsets that many people ... Tool has been selling out arenas for awhile now and will continue to do so. 

So many people on this website trash talk Tool but go to one of their shows and you will see about 20,000 people who love the music and could care less if the setlist is the same as the night before 

couldn't care less.

I always think it's "could care less" but then I'm like that doesn't make any sense. 

Fascinating story, huh?

Leave out contractions in any linguistic situation such as that, and you will find it much easier to decipher what to write.

If one is to say, "I could not care less," the person is conveying their utter displeasure with the topic and will not put forth any more effort.

If one is to say, "I could care less," the person is conveying how much they care by being sarcastic about the situation.

"I could care less" makes absolutely no logical sense.

Yeah, it's bizarre that that version of the phrase is really a thing. It makes absolutely no sense.

My two cents on the golden ticket: undoubtedly free concert tickets for life. Probably two free tickets to any and every TOOL gig you choose.

That's sensible and realistic. Anything more than that would be fucking awesome, and I congratulate you on your freaky luck.

It definitely won't be early access to the next album - although, it COULD be an invite to the very first listening party for it. Though the logistics for that seems pretty unrealistic compared to just saying, "Congratulations! Any TOOL gig you want to go to, bring a friend and get in for free."

Still nothing to sneeze at.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

toolphishdhs said
well thats fine. but you cant say shit about their technical ability or complex songwriting.  

Tool are just lazy. There is not one single reason that they could not rotate their entire catalog over a tour. its only 55 songs.   ~ 10 songs a show.  could easily be done.   more apologist mentality, really.

Spoken like the truth.

Let me guess, next weekend Lateralus, Aenema and Stinkfist are a certainty. They've played these songs continuously 10,000 times. Heard of variety?  Fuckers!

I want Jimmy.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

You know nailing songs like that takes lots of practice, right? You have any idea how many hours per day during a tour a band gets to refine and rehearse?
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Phish songs more complicated than TOOL songs?!?  Haahaa!  Yeah, I guess it could seem that way if you're a filthy hippy who hasn't eaten in days 'cause you spent all your parent's money on some bad acid and permanently fried your brain.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

I'd be up for "jimmy". Ever.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
njbrey15
Maynard Believer

Post by njbrey15 »

^ this.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I suppose we're just going to have to firmly agree to disagree on that complexity issue, ToolPhishdhs.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Poor toolphish.  God forbid someone say another band writes music more complex than Tool.  And bullocks on the rehearsing comment.  Not like Tool has this massive pool of songs to chose from.  They have released an EP and four full length albums in 21 years.  Maynard can't sing 70% of the songs any longer.  They should be able to nail the songs they still do play in their sleep.  It's not like Adam does anything overly technical.  Danny would be the only one that you would think would have trouble nailing songs night after night as his drumming is extremely technical but he is a fucking machine.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

I was lazy. I like my Jimmy personal and in capitals.
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

I'm thinking there are no golden tickets- you would have thought we woulda heard about them by now....
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Bogart said
I'm thinking there are no golden tickets- you would have thought we woulda heard about them by now....

Don't mow your lawn
elp5000
My pain is just an excuse

Post by elp5000 »

UndKeineEier said

Bogart said

And this "Joke Photo" from BMB proves What ??

;-}~
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Golden Tickets exist.
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Bogart said

I'm thinking you're assuming all the copies were bought by Fourtheye or Toolnavy members and there's no way that's true.

Also, not everyone has gotten their copies yet.

Hey! Denty!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Ravenpig said

Bogart said

I'm thinking you're assuming all the copies were bought by Fourtheye or Toolnavy members and there's no way that's true.

Yeah, I think that's pretty accurate.  I suspect Fourtheye & Toolnavy readers would probably only account for about a fifth of the Opiate sales anyway.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Ravenpig said

Bogart said

What would be really funny if everyone who ended up getting a golden ticket didn't even know what it was...they just heard about the box set last minute and grabbed one as they're just getting into the band - or something to that affect?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy1975 said

Ravenpig said

Bogart said

Yeah, I think that's pretty accurate.  I suspect Fourtheye & Toolnavy readers would probably only account for about a fifth of the Opiate sales anyway.

So at least one person should've gotten a ticket then.

Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineEier said 

So at least one person should've gotten a ticket then.

Perhaps, once they've all been received.

joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

What if one asshole got all of them? Hahahahahaha
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Did basejumper actually get one, or was that speculation/trolling on his part?

I read it that he did, but HB chimed in and said he didn't know if he would make that info. public.  Then Basejumper clammed up...

I don't see any issue with sharing that information online.  Very few of us actually know real names, let alone addresses.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

I'd like one to end up on ebay, just to see the bidding insanity.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.