Golden Tickets

The Main Event
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

Ravenpig said

Bogart said
I'm thinking there are no golden tickets- you would have thought we woulda heard about them by now....

I'm thinking you're assuming all the copies were bought by Fourtheye or Toolnavy members and there's no way that's true.

Also, not everyone has gotten their copies yet.

Not assuming that at all-I know that wouldn't be the case.  However, in this age of information,  you would think someone would have posted something on the Internet and it would spread like wildfire.

IIToolboxII
Bronco's Fan

Post by IIToolboxII »

Bogart said

Ravenpig said

Bogart said
I'm thinking there are no golden tickets- you would have thought we woulda heard about them by now....

I'm thinking you're assuming all the copies were bought by Fourtheye or Toolnavy members and there's no way that's true.

Also, not everyone has gotten their copies yet.

Not assuming that at all-I know that wouldn't be the case.  However, in this age of information,  you would think someone would have posted something on the Internet and it would spread like wildfire.

Perhaps the seal certificate text features eligibility conditions of the contest. Namely a media-censorship for the holder of a winning seal. It would be perfectly easy to enforce, because I'm sure the CoA numbers of the packages in which the seals had been placed were recorded. Or if coming forth as an individual, your name would be out there on numerous websites, making a disqualification easy. Or as Hellboy said earlier, the winner(s) may just be playing it cool until the prize is officially claimed, in order to keep the crazies at bay. 

Or simply, and working greatly against mathematical probability, they just happen to be in the amount of packages that are still undelivered.

Or, even less mathematically common, [spoiler]they could all be inside else's copies, which were delivered to the wrong state.[/spoiler]

But don't tell him that.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

^Hahaha wouldn't that be something?
Don't mow your lawn
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

IIToolboxII said

Perhaps the seal certificate text features eligibility conditions of the contest. Namely a media-censorship for the holder of a winning seal. It would be perfectly easy to enforce, because I'm sure the CoA numbers of the packages in which the seals had been placed were recorded. 

Merch is not that organized.  Some people have received two COA's for one cd and others received none.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Q: "...Finally, the reason I initiated this correspondence in the first place was about this mysterious "Seal of Xatanitos". I purchased 5 copies, 1 of each variety, of the Opiate reissue. One of the copies has a round sigil like shape pressed into the paper and the others do not. I was wondering if this is the Seal? Much like when i read your writings, I do not know what to look for but am curious why it is only on 1 of 5 copies of the certificate of authenticity."

A: I believe that you are describing the embossed seal, which was to be included on all of the certificates. This is NOT the "Seal of Xantanitos", and as far as I know, so far, only two or three winners have been randomly selected. One of these lucky folks resides in one of the Carolinas (I don't remember if North or South), and another in San Francisco. I think the third winner is somewhere in Europe. At any rate, those who win will know by a second, different certificate of authenticity that clearly indicates that the recipient possesses the "Seal of Xantanitos." The winners will probably also get a phone call from MERCH asking if they'd like to take a photo of themselves with the golden seal in case we want to post it on the website.

Incidentally, the photo that I took of Buzz of the Melvins holding the fake golden seal - I hastily made that by wrapping the golden foil of a Rollo candy bar (purchased at a nearby gas station) over a ToolArmy card, and gluing some colorful symbol onto it. I only had a few minutes to do all this - and it was Buzz's idea to name the winner Deke Rivers, which was the name of a character that Elvis Presley played in his second film. Buzz also insisted that the 'winner' be an "unemployed" truck driver. If you look close at the photo, you can see the remainder of the Rollo candy wrapper in Buzz's front pocket.

TOOL NEWSLETTER, 
APRIL, 2013 E.V.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

ziggy23 said
Q: "...Finally, the reason I initiated this correspondence in the first place was about this mysterious "Seal of Xatanitos". I purchased 5 copies, 1 of each variety, of the Opiate reissue. One of the copies has a round sigil like shape pressed into the paper and the others do not. I was wondering if this is the Seal? Much like when i read your writings, I do not know what to look for but am curious why it is only on 1 of 5 copies of the certificate of authenticity."

A: I believe that you are describing the embossed seal, which was to be included on all of the certificates. This is NOT the "Seal of Xantanitos", and as far as I know, so far, only two or three winners have been randomly selected. One of these lucky folks resides in one of the Carolinas (I don't remember if North or South), and another in San Francisco. I think the third winner is somewhere in Europe. At any rate, those who win will know by a second, different certificate of authenticity that clearly indicates that the recipient possesses the "Seal of Xantanitos." The winners will probably also get a phone call from MERCH asking if they'd like to take a photo of themselves with the golden seal in case we want to post it on the website.

Incidentally, the photo that I took of Buzz of the Melvins holding the fake golden seal - I hastily made that by wrapping the golden foil of a Rollo candy bar (purchased at a nearby gas station) over a ToolArmy card, and gluing some colorful symbol onto it. I only had a few minutes to do all this - and it was Buzz's idea to name the winner Deke Rivers, which was the name of a character that Elvis Presley played in his second film. Buzz also insisted that the 'winner' be an "unemployed" truck driver. If you look close at the photo, you can see the remainder of the Rollo candy wrapper in Buzz's front pocket.

TOOL NEWSLETTER, 
APRIL, 2013 E.V.

Just an observation...
Professor of Lesbian Science
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

So they are yet to send out more packages thus the 2 tickets left?

1 should go to Australia imo and 1 to some fucking Eastern European shit hole or even better North Korea or Iran
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Tyson said
So they are yet to send out more packages thus the 2 tickets left?

1 should go to Australia imo and 1 to some fucking Eastern European shit hole or even better North Korea or Iran

Koreans, either North or South, don't listen to TOOL. Don't think the Chinese do, either.

The only people with any taste in the region are the Japanese.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

The only people with any taste in the region are the Japanese.

words of wisdom
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Calfium Jay
Geacon

Post by Calfium Jay »

Boredoms, Boris and Merzbow = Japerfection.

UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The five winners whose OPIATE packages contained the golden "SEAL OF XATANITOS" are being contacted by MERCH. Locations of those who won and are to receive a prize are South Carolina, Germany, Texas, Australia, and San Francisco. Shown here is a certificate with the "Seal of Xatanitos", the variation sticker (#6) and a unique USB card (also #6). Congrats to the 5 winners! Hopefully we'll get some photos of them with their prize.

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ah I couldn't find this thread. As I said in the other, what a random collection of places.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said
Ah I couldn't find this thread. As I said in the other, what a random collection of places.

Wait a minute...

Texas!

Was one of these people you?

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Ha no. Didn't buy it. Imagine if it was?
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig said
Ha no. Didn't buy it. Imagine if it was?

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Best APC album EVER.
Hey! Denty!
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Ravenpig said

Wonder if there is a 'Texas, Australia?'
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ There's a Paris, Texas.  Why not?

For the ultra lazy... (you know who you are, and I know you won't bother to thank me):

Ki77aan :twisted:
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

Can anyone read the certificate?

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

sublime5446 said
Can anyone read the certificate?

An attempt courtesy of reddit:

You are now the _ of the "Seal of Xatanitos"

Which is included with this certificate

one of only five identical seals

(along with a uniquie USB card)

is entitled to a _ of _ ...)

Certified Authentic by Tool ...

Date of Authintication ...

'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Now there'll be speculation as to what's on that "unique" USB card.
TheZemkla
Maynard Believer

Post by TheZemkla »

I translated  the certificate as:

"You are now the bearer of the "seal of Xatanitos" which is included with this certificate. One of only five identical seals (along with a unique USB card) is entitled to a prize of select….."

nudges710
My pain is just an excuse

Post by nudges710 »

because i didnt get one and will most likely be jealous, the prick in me hopes that its a free tshirt or something really weak
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The prick in me is SUPER horny.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineEier said
The prick in me is SUPER horny.

You have a prick in you, and it's SUPER horny.

.... TMI.
Ki77aan :twisted: