Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
User avatar
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick
Posts: 8661
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:10 am
Location: (c is da toot of crakter)

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:10 am

Wait a minute...

That comment wasn't edited...
Don't mow your lawn

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1813
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ettan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:12 am

shane1333 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:25 pm
Ettan wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:39 am
I nominate user shane from r/Toolband as Tool fan of the year.
Would that be me lol? I am on there. Why nominate me? I don’t know whether to take that as a good or bad thing.
That'd be you! I'm just joking around, what HB said is true - your optimism cracks me up in a good way.

nameloc01
Maynard Believer
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nameloc01 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Ettan wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:54 am
The Q&A that TA used is from an IEM from this year, the full thing (was) uploaded to soundcloud. It's not in circulation for a good reason.

right and wrong .. right..and wrong.

User avatar
Ettan
Living Duller
Posts: 1813
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm
Height: 190cm
Location: wonderland

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Ettan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 pm

nameloc01 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:46 pm
Ettan wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:54 am
The Q&A that TA used is from an IEM from this year, the full thing (was) uploaded to soundcloud. It's not in circulation for a good reason.

right and wrong .. right..and wrong.
Interesting, I'll let it be a mystery. Saw "U" post it on soundcloud and just drew my own conclusions.

nameloc01
Maynard Believer
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nameloc01 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:37 pm

Ettan wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 pm
nameloc01 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:46 pm
Ettan wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:54 am
The Q&A that TA used is from an IEM from this year, the full thing (was) uploaded to soundcloud. It's not in circulation for a good reason.

right and wrong .. right..and wrong.
Interesting, I'll let it be a mystery. Saw "U" post it on soundcloud and just drew my own conclusions.
I did..I just took it down a day or so ago.

User avatar
joeypants
Goderator
Posts: 1704
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:51 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by joeypants » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Damn. Was searching for it right after someone said it was on there. Would've loved to have heard it. Oh well.

User avatar
tys0n
Lord Festivus
Posts: 3407
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm

The 'Respectful Remasters' version of Undertow is the tits

Canned audience laughter

User avatar
Busty McCracken
Adiantum viridimontanum
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:16 am

Very generous on the reverb ... might need to give it a spin on proper speakers but didn't sound great in the car stereo
Listen to All Them Witches

User avatar
tys0n
Lord Festivus
Posts: 3407
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:19 am

I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind the times if you can play youtube videos on your fucking car stereo
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
Busty McCracken
Adiantum viridimontanum
Posts: 2899
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:28 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:51 am

I'm guessing you know how to play a youtube video on your phone? Plug auxiliary cable to phone and bask in your year 2000 model car stereos below average 2 front door cracked sounding minimal bass speakers
Listen to All Them Witches

User avatar
ziggy23
Serial Thrilla
Posts: 3611
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am
Location: DON'T PANIC - IT'S PANDEMIC

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ziggy23 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:18 am

tys0n wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:09 pm
The 'Respectful Remasters' version of Undertow is the tits

No "Disgustipated"? lol
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.

Tool_User
Optomist
Posts: 463
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Tool_User » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 pm

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up ... ressi.html

Edit:Sorry if this is old news

Edit 2: It is old news it's from May lol Nice to hear a bit about the recording process though.

User avatar
M0G
Lungsmen
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Tool_User wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 pm
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up ... ressi.html

Edit:Sorry if this is old news

Edit 2: It is old news it's from May lol Nice to hear a bit about the recording process though.
@Tool User - Why in the literal fuck are you posting shit from Ultimate-Guitar? UG and AltNation stalk these forums looking for shit to re-post as "news" for their bullshit websites. Did you not just read about a page up where they took a hellboy forum post and presented it as news on both fucking websites?

Fuck UG. Fuck AltNation.

Oh and fuck Tool for being lazy fucks.
The most intelligent person on this forum

User avatar
nxrm
Droner
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Mog's Inferno: Abandon all hope ye who enter here.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
hellboy
Site Admin
Posts: 11572
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:01 pm
Height: 182cm
Contact:

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm

So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

The source was also able to forward to me a short snippet of a demo recording of the track - I didn't hear any vocals, but what it did sound like is very much to the Tool you all know and love: heavy with lots of double kick, not dissimilar to the final half of Right In Two.

User avatar
M0G
Lungsmen
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:32 pm

If ole Jimbo isn't done vocals mastering doesn't happen until February which means album isn't out until June with July being more realistic. April is already dead. The only hope for May was mastering starting in early January.
Last edited by M0G on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most intelligent person on this forum

User avatar
M0G
Lungsmen
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:45 pm

You know it matches though. Maynard likes to do a final recording before the master starts. And didn't Blair mention something about a Mantis a few newsletters back? They ALWAYS have code names for their early recordings.
The most intelligent person on this forum

User avatar
Calfium Jay
Protohype
Posts: 2683
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm
Height: 189cm
Location: Between the buttons!!!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Calfium Jay » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm

hellboy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm
I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

Bouncing Arab?

At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ, there was not long ago a Tool rumor going around started by one of the "metal" guys (who lives three months of the year in LA) that one track had the working title of "Stasis".


Does sound kind of Toolish....?

Lazy bastards that they are.



:|
People like me just want to watch the world burn.

User avatar
M0G
Lungsmen
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Calfium Jay wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm
hellboy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm
I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

Bouncing Arab?

At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ, there was not long ago a Tool rumor going around started by one of the "metal" guys (who lives three months of the year in LA) that one track had the working title of "Stasis".


Does sound kind of Toolish....?

Lazy bastards that they are.



:|
It fits as well. The mini song they have been playing over the last few years is called Descending. Statis. Mantis. I can't be the only one that sees the correlation.
The most intelligent person on this forum

User avatar
tys0n
Lord Festivus
Posts: 3407
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Calfium Jay wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm
At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ
Wow you're a DJ?
Canned audience laughter

User avatar
M0G
Lungsmen
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:57 pm

tys0n wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 pm
Calfium Jay wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm
At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ
Wow you're a DJ?
Wait you didn't know that? Crazy ass ultra indie noise experimental Merzbow special shit. You know how Cal gets down.
The most intelligent person on this forum

User avatar
Calfium Jay
Protohype
Posts: 2683
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm
Height: 189cm
Location: Between the buttons!!!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Calfium Jay » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:01 pm

tys0n wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 pm
Calfium Jay wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:46 pm
At the radio station here in Melbourne where I DJ
Wow you're a DJ?
Yes. Here in Melbourne. I'm a radio DJ. I do the graveyard shift. So I get to play weird shit.
People like me just want to watch the world burn.

shane1333
Maynard Believer
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:19 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by shane1333 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:02 pm

hellboy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm
So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

The source was also able to forward to me a short snippet of a demo recording of the track - I didn't hear any vocals, but what it did sound like is very much to the Tool you all know and love: heavy with lots of double kick, not dissimilar to the final half of Right In Two.
AKA spring 2018 out

User avatar
M0G
Lungsmen
Posts: 1965
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:13 pm

shane1333 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:02 pm
hellboy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm
So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

The source was also able to forward to me a short snippet of a demo recording of the track - I didn't hear any vocals, but what it did sound like is very much to the Tool you all know and love: heavy with lots of double kick, not dissimilar to the final half of Right In Two.
AKA spring 2018 out
Na sounds like his source was trying to quell expectations a bit. Maynard not done vocals until January means Mastering doesn't start until February, possibly March. Summer release confirmed.
The most intelligent person on this forum

shane1333
Maynard Believer
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:19 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by shane1333 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:32 pm

M0G wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:13 pm
shane1333 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:02 pm
hellboy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:56 pm
So I had an interesting chat with one of my sources (who'd prefer to go unnamed) that Maynard has recorded part of the vocals, but will return to the studio in January to complete his parts. I believe the working title of one of the tracks (possibly the one Blair heard) is "Brain Mantis" - I very much doubt this will be the actual title though.

The source was also able to forward to me a short snippet of a demo recording of the track - I didn't hear any vocals, but what it did sound like is very much to the Tool you all know and love: heavy with lots of double kick, not dissimilar to the final half of Right In Two.
AKA spring 2018 out
Na sounds like his source was trying to quell expectations a bit. Maynard not done vocals until January means Mastering doesn't start until February, possibly March. Summer release confirmed.
They don’t do summer releases. Maynard said best time to release is spring or fall.

Post Reply