Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
_peterpwn
Has been

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by _peterpwn »

does anyone has info about the bands they will bring to the EU tour in june? meshuggah would be awesome
maynards tweet about Tool and APC tour, i hope it doesnt mean Tool with Apc tour....

by the way, somebody earlier posted that "they will hit another best-of tour in EU then go back home"
if they seriously come here, after 13 years, to play a greatist hits show, i will literally throw a fucking granade to that fucking stage
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

_peterpwn wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 pm does anyone has info about the bands they will bring to the EU tour in june? meshuggah would be awesome
maynards tweet about Tool and APC tour, i hope it doesnt mean Tool with Apc tour....

by the way, somebody earlier posted that "they will hit another best-of tour in EU then go back home"
if they seriously come here, after 13 years, to play a greatist hits show, i will literally throw a fucking granade to that fucking stage
Now now, I've not seen them live yet so greatest hits tour then come back when the albums out and play that in some decent venues in the UK would be nice. Save the grenades for a rainy day or pass them down to your grandkids.
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

ye but why not complete the album instead of the EU tour, and then debut the whole thing as a european tour, a bit later?
jees
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

_peterpwn wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 pm maynards tweet about Tool and APC tour, i hope it doesnt mean Tool with Apc tour....
I think it's safe to say that won't happen.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

junior wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:14 pm
_peterpwn wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:19 pm maynards tweet about Tool and APC tour, i hope it doesnt mean Tool with Apc tour....
Hey Junior, have you done any prep work for the spring tour yet? Or too early? What would prep involve or do you just have it down now?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

_peterpwn wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:08 pm ye but why not complete the album instead of the EU tour, and then debut the whole thing as a european tour, a bit later?
jees
I think they are doing the European tour to drum up interest before they release and tour the album but I'm probably wrong.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Album will most likely be finished by then. It just might not be out by then. I'm guessing they booked these dates last summer with the expectation of having the album out by then, but then the album ended up taking longer than expected.
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Longer than expected?!

Gee willakers, that’d be a first.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It is definitely uncharacteristic. I hope nothing bad has happened.
Don't mow your lawn
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:20 pm Hey Junior, have you done any prep work for the spring tour yet? Or too early? What would prep involve or do you just have it down now?
Nothing definite, as of yet.
There are still some decisions to be made.
I spent most of the last 8 months working with another band on the road, but have been swirling some ideas around for the next time Tool tours.

We’ll probably start to get ready about a month or 2 before the spring dates.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

ziggy23 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:25 am Image
They have done a deal with Apple Music, trust me.
Canned audience laughter
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Nah, it's an exclusivity deal with Pono. You'll get the new album free with your next Toblerone purchase.
Don't mow your lawn
unclejackson
My pain is just an excuse

Post by unclejackson »

Would it be reasonable to assume that more dates could be added to the Eastern US tour? I suppose the already-announced festivals have proximity restrictions and other rules regarding when bands can promote/disclose other planned shows.
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

junior wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:14 pm
thank you for input junior and i was joking with the granades of course, we are waiting you patiently in europe, it will be amazing i'm sure of that, hope you will have a great time here also :)
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

Concerning mjks recent Tweet: What surprises me a little is that mjk seems to have solid non-Tool Plans for 2020. I expected a heavy 2-3 years Touring cycle once the New Album dropped. I know they are older and stuff...but given the fact that they can now finally provide what the whole world had been asking for for the past years , some heavy touring with maybe a new Stage production would make sense...aka milking the Cash cow one more Time before they retire.

Will Tool Split Up After 2019? Or am i Reading too much Drama into this and Tool will in fact do more Touring...maybe we will Just see some more puscifer side legs on Festivals as we had in the past? I remember Tool and puscifer playing the same Festival a few times...

Another Option would be that they will keep Touring for the next 10 years, but with a lower frequency,which would mean there is enough space for mjks side Projects
_peterpwn
Has been

Post by _peterpwn »

they wont do any tour thats bigger than 3 months, i guess they will enjoy touring with friends and new music, visiting every continent or area they like for 2-3-4 month periods, and in-between they make some videos or retrospective dvds, vinyls etc
2 years of straight touring is very much unlikely
i'm just watching one of the joe rogan podcasts with MJK where he's saying "back than we were younger, it was 6 month out of a year on road"
so if 6 month was much for him then, 2 year when he is almost 60 is impossible, not to mention his projects
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Maynard has had no problems mixing up tours between projects for the last half a dozen years, so don't expect this is about to change, or indicate a breakup is imminent.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

This is how I picture Mog when he reads album updates

Canned audience laughter
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

:lol:
also, Avatar!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Bears fan here.

That dude has some serious fucking issues. Don’t even get me started on how far off he is on Parkey’s salary.

This, and throwing grenades on stage. Da fuck is wrong with y’all?
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Not a bears fan, but live in bears country. What a great game haha.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

tys0n wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:29 pm This is how I picture Mog when he reads album updates

LMAO :mrgreen:
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Loulz

Btw it turns out he didn’t miss the kick, it was tipped/blocked.
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

^^^ ‘Tis true.

I now wonder how much the tipped, double-doinked missed FG will have an effect on the “new” Tool release date.

HB- Danny is an NFL fan, get the insider info on this from his friends ASAP.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:29 pm This is how I picture Mog when he reads album updates

One of ya best mate. I actually think this may be a little bit to calm for ol moggie but the comparison is apt
Listen to All Them Witches