Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Lol I'd say they're both equally likely to happen.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Yep, even if they have another album left in them (which I think they do) I doubt they will the 8 albums that LZ released.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sounds like Maynard has tweeted that the album won't be out in April.

Would be nice from someone from the band to give a meaningful update...
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:18 pm Sounds like Maynard has tweeted that the album won't be out in April.

Would be nice from someone from the band to give a meaningful update...
The only ones with social media are Adam and Maynard. Maynard can't give an update because there's an real possibility he doesn't know, Adam is the last person to give a meaningful update, Danny gives honest updates but he's just wrong. Justin never gives updates unless he is doing a guitar interview, and even then his responses are approaching Danny level of news. Blair I feel was told to stop talking.. cause he hasn't mentioned anything worth discussing for about 2 years.

I really don't understand the 'secrecy' around this album. Everyone knows something is happening. Just give a real update already. What's the status of the album, what's the status of streaming platforms, what happened to the opiate video, what happened to the pot video....
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Tool's schtick has always revolved around being mysterious. Very far Ken keen for an official release date but dont see the band giving away to much until we see that.
Listen to All Them Witches
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Danny's birthday is Friday, May 10th. It's coming out then.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 am
The only ones with social media are Adam and Maynard. Maynard can't give an update because there's an real possibility he doesn't know, Adam is the last person to give a meaningful update, Danny gives honest updates but he's just wrong. Justin never gives updates unless he is doing a guitar interview, and even then his responses are approaching Danny level of news. Blair I feel was told to stop talking.. cause he hasn't mentioned anything worth discussing for about 2 years.
It's a nice summary, and one I largely agree with. I've maintained for a while now that I'd rather hear nothing, than unsubstantiated rumours from the band, but the reality is they're never going to stop being asked.

Regarding Blair, the band/management do instruct him on what to say and not say, but I'd suggest his lack of news in the last two years has more to do with him no longer residing in LA. He's not in as frequent contact with the band as he used to be.
xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:44 am I really don't understand the 'secrecy' around this album. Everyone knows something is happening. Just give a real update already. What's the status of the album, what's the status of streaming platforms, what happened to the opiate video, what happened to the pot video....
A little positive PR would go a long way at this stage. It doesn't even have to be some kind of major update either - just some "official" word from the band rather than social media hearsay would be nice.

"Hi Tool fans - the album is done and we're currently finalising the packaging and release date with the record label. More details soon!"
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:52 pm
"Hi Tool fans - the album is done and we're currently finalising the packaging and release date with the record label. More details soon!"
This will be published on the usual websites as fact. Wait for it.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I mean... they kind of already did all that? It’s done, it’s being mixed. Just wait... it’s almost here. I don’t need to know any more other than the usual lobster photo and a date.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

joeypants wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:31 pm I mean... they kind of already did all that? It’s done, it’s being mixed. Just wait... it’s almost here. I don’t need to know any more other than the usual lobster photo and a date.
Maynard said that on his twitter account. Part of my proposal is that they actually use a Tool based channel for media releases, rather than personal social media.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

What do they look like to you, an international successful band with a large following?
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:44 pm
joeypants wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:31 pm I mean... they kind of already did all that? It’s done, it’s being mixed. Just wait... it’s almost here. I don’t need to know any more other than the usual lobster photo and a date.
Maynard said that on his twitter account. Part of my proposal is that they actually use a Tool based channel for media releases, rather than personal social media.
I agree. We do know the album is happening, and we know it is somewhere between 75% and 100% finished. But we only know this from various social media accounts (ie. MJK on twitter ranting against people blaming him, miscellaneous people on instagram mentioning that they have heard the songs, etc.) But HB is right. There hasnt been a single OFFICIAL announcement that the album is even happening, just random quotes from the band over the last 8 years that have lead us to the idea that they are indeed recording.

I agree that a little positive PR would go a long way, but im not surprised they havent done it really... i mean their website is 15 years behind the times, they have no REAL social media presence.

Personally i think the best thing the band could do at this point would be to finally get their library on streaming sites (pandora, spotify). Get a new generation of people introduced to their music. Get a little push in popularity leading up to the inevitable release of the new album. They are still under a record deal that started before the internet existed. Here is a legitimate computer from the year Tool signed their CURRENT record deal.

and that isnt a joke. The band as a whole, NEED to get with the times. Even their "new" visuals on the website are clearly 10+ years old.
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

@tool on Instagram used to be an actual page, I believe with Adam's wife and son as the profile pic.....it's no longer valid, but you also can't take the @tool name, so it must be on standby or hidden from the public or something like that. I bet we get an official Tool IG page soon
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Tool's on Pandora
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:09 am Tool's on Pandora
Are they? I only see a Tool station. There was a notice about copyright, but I saw no actual Tool songs. I only have a free account. The whole catalog is available to you? ‘Splain please.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Maybe not anymore but they used to be. I haven't really paid attention to Pandora news but last I knew they were operating under radio licensing laws, not streaming ones, which would have allowed them to license Tool stuff. I'm guessing that's changed. I know they were facing legal challenges because of it but the last thing I heard was that they bought a radio station out in the middle of nowhere to keep their classification, but I think that might have been like 3 years ago now lol.
Don't mow your lawn
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Tool has been off Pandora for about a year. Siriusxm is in the process of acquiring Pandora, when that happens they may get back on. Assuming they haven't embraced streaming by then.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Has Hellboy finally realized what I have been saying for the last 8 or 9 years? Tool are unprofessional lazy assholes. Maynard is the only one that isn't lazy, but makes up for that in the asshole department. This entire new album situation has been pathetic at best. The fact that they do not have a release date and that two members in the band are saying two different things at this point is actually beyond pathetic.

This is why I have hated Tool for a long time now. I wish I didn't hate them. Hate is such a negative thing. If their music wasn't so damn good it wouldn't even be an issue. I would have been done with them completely a long time ago. Shit I have been done with them on and off again numerous times but then I will listen to a Tool song or an album and get the itch to hear new Tool music. I would never support any other band, artist, author, musician, etc etc that conducted themselves the way Tool does.

All that said it does appear that the new album will be released sometime this year unless someone throws a fit last minute and they break up, but I don't see that happening. They are going to make a substantial amount of money with this release and the likely move to digital release platforms and streaming services. Not to mention touring.

I am still struggling with whether or not I am going to buy the new album. The idea of giving them any money for anything at this point irks the shit out of me but a one man boycott is a waste of time. I am sure I will cave and it will irk the shit out of me even more but that is my problem.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

M0G wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:35 pm Has Hellboy finally realized what I have been saying for the last 8 or 9 years? Tool are unprofessional lazy assholes.
Last 8-9 years?? I dont recall you ever bringing that up on this forum once Mog
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:51 pm
M0G wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:35 pm Has Hellboy finally realized what I have been saying for the last 8 or 9 years? Tool are unprofessional lazy assholes.
Last 8-9 years?? I dont recall you ever bringing that up on this forum once Mog
Selective memory? :lol: I don't blame you my friend I can be a massive cunt. I am working on it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Haha.. nope still escapes me... are you sure it's this forum you've vented frustration on?? :lol:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:12 pm Haha.. nope still escapes me... are you sure it's this forum you've vented frustration on?? :lol:
Must have been Maroon 5 forum. Damn they phoned in that super bowl performance. Lazy bastards!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Slack fuckers with shit Tats I say
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

M0G wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:35 pm Has Hellboy finally realized what I have been saying for the last 8 or 9 years? Tool are unprofessional lazy assholes. Maynard is the only one that isn't lazy, but makes up for that in the asshole department. This entire new album situation has been pathetic at best. The fact that they do not have a release date and that two members in the band are saying two different things at this point is actually beyond pathetic.
It's not a new revelation at all, I've never disagreed with you in that assessment. It's time to draw a line in regards to reporting continuous unconfirmed changes to the timeline though.

I'd also point out, that a "boycott" that involves you listening, but not paying for an album is really not a boycott at all.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Mog, It’s easier than you think to let it go. They are just a band, just other people with similar idiosyncrasies to you and every other person on the planet. The only reason they have that “power” over you is because you choose to give it.

You already know this.

I think the above reads pretty condescending... but fuck it, I don’t mean it to be.