Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by hellboy »

the chill wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:33 pm Soooooooooo, we are into April now and no new album announcement. Well past the time when 10,000 days was announced and that came out the beginning of May, no news there, I know. So odds on any new songs being played besides a single at the American shows or the album being out in May looking really slim, right? You think they would at least announce the new album release date a month before it came out, right?

Stoked we will be hearing new music by June, but wish it was coming out early May. Just rambling here. Hope we get some news soon!
I think we can probably rule out an early May release. I think it'll be something like 6-8 weeks from album announce to album release. Before we know it the window will slip to June.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeh was hoping for an announcement the other day with a May release in mind but now that's passed I'm thinking your joke about release date june 7th might end up being bang on the money. Will be two years to the day since I lost my best mate to cancer and universe has a funny way with shit like that so won't be surprised if that ends up being the date.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I just gotta say it, the easter egg was so apparent that I dismissed it as the easter egg

It's schism/vicarious all over again
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 am gosh darn it bob!
what ? lol, im kewl! just venting but really ya, no easter egg. i think hellboy was just pulling one over us. TRIED too :D

the good news is everyday we are finally a bit closure to the truth and u know what that is! it wont be long now. almost 13 years to the day 10k came out. May 2nd 2006. a month or two longer is nothing!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:03 am It's schism/vicarious all over again
Are you one of those people who think Schism and Vicarious sound the same?
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

They updated their Facebook cover image. Maybe something’s gonna happen soon.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

WHAT WAS THE FRIGGIN EASTER EGG GUYS
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:19 pm
Ravenpig wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 pm I have no idea what’s going on.
Nothing new then
You lost me there
Hey! Denty!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:01 am
Am I the only one that actually loves both of those songs and thinks they sound nothing alike? If the first single off the new album sounds as good as those two songs I will be extremely happy.
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:54 pm
the chill wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:33 pm Soooooooooo, we are into April now and no new album announcement. Well past the time when 10,000 days was announced and that came out the beginning of May, no news there, I know. So odds on any new songs being played besides a single at the American shows or the album being out in May looking really slim, right? You think they would at least announce the new album release date a month before it came out, right?

Stoked we will be hearing new music by June, but wish it was coming out early May. Just rambling here. Hope we get some news soon!
I think we can probably rule out an early May release. I think it'll be something like 6-8 weeks from album announce to album release. Before we know it the window will slip to June.
I suspect June looks about right. If you remember I actually did say June back when I was bitching about the delay in November or December based on the information we had at that time which showed they were actually still pretty far behind. Late May even seems a stretch right now unless they announce something in this week or next. But then again they are Tool and their label will rush this thing out the door knowing how much money is involved.

I also suspect the manufacturing part won't be as big of a deal. Physical CD sales are wayyy down. Everything has gone digital so I don't imagine they are going to actually print nearly as many copies as they did for the launch of previous albums. This is obviously going to be a huge digital release along with likely their entire back catalogue. As you said though logistics are logistics and even 6-8 weeks is pushing it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

rshforgothispw wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:21 pm WHAT WAS THE FRIGGIN EASTER EGG GUYS
UndKeineZwEier wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:42 pm The "easter egg" is madness
Don't mow your lawn
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

What does madness have to do with his blog post though? I was thinking maybe the Easter egg was Easter, or that the announcement will come around GoT but who knows.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

It has nothing to do with the blog post. That's the point.
Don't mow your lawn
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

Dude. It was a joke. There is no Easter egg. Let go. If Mog can let go after putting us through his insufferable act for x+ years, surely you can forgive these faceless men their poor attempt at skulduggery.

“Casual Fan”
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Insufferable? Oh come now you loved it. There was real rage there. Deep hatred. But alas I am just getting too old to maintain the pissed off at the world thing. It is exhausting.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

M0G wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:26 pm Insufferable? Oh come now you loved it. There was real rage there. Deep hatred. But alas I am just getting too old to maintain the pissed off at the world thing. It is exhausting.
Would former, saltier Mog be disappointed in fresh new-outlook Mog?
Ki77aan :twisted:
tiresias
Has been

Post by tiresias »

After a while the rage felt a little worn thin. Like a a well worn Dylan Thomas poem in an overwrought Christopher Nolan sci-fi epic. Speaking of sci-fi epic, I just saw the lead in a wonderful film about the Moon pay his day after bar tab at a well known Tribeca haunt. Stellar!
“Casual Fan”
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:33 pm
M0G wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:26 pm Insufferable? Oh come now you loved it. There was real rage there. Deep hatred. But alas I am just getting too old to maintain the pissed off at the world thing. It is exhausting.
Would former, saltier Mog be disappointed in fresh new-outlook Mog?
Without question
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

My neck hurts. :(

:twisted:
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

hellboy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:01 am
The opening of Vicarious is very reminiscent of Schism, at least to me.
Canned audience laughter
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

They are in completely different times and are structural completely different from each other. Not knocking you I understand things sound different for everyone but it surprises me when people say they sound similar.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I differentiate the two songs but do remember hearing Vicarious for the first time, getting Schism vibes and know I wasn't the only one. The main riff of the debut song from 10K days started in a very similar key and a very similar tempo to the debut song from Lateralus. Surprised you guys didn't get the same vibes hearing it for the first time.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Na i mean every band on the planet has a signature sound and you can hear elements in every song. I don't get anything about Schism from Vicarious. Two very different songs. Schism has what like 40 something time signature/meter changes? Vicarious is a much more straight forward song. Still odd meter shit like all Tool but not all over the place like Schism.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah it was just the intro for the most part I think that gave people the impression. At least for me that's what it was anyway.
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by novaconda »

So we are just ignoring the changing of their facebook cover image? I know I sound like a 16 year-old bringing up facebook, but it is an interesting picture. The most recent Tool logo with MMXIX underneath. Thoughts? The roman numeral is 2019. Shit! I figured it out! 2+0+1+9=12. We are 12 days away, friends! Excellent. They mention the number 11 in Jimmy. 12 is the natural preceding number that is next! We are getting Jimmy part 2, guys! This is really easy stuff to figure out.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.