Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

halo hallow yada yada something or another. He's an idiot, like 85% of r/toolband.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

He's a troll, that has been proven and established. Still, the evidence he provided me is enough to be at least humoured in this regard.

Really though, it hasn't revealed much. That there are long songs on the album, that it'll be out in May, and that they will most likely going to play some live should really surprise no one.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Exactly. What's 30 minutes of new music? 3 or 4 songs? Sounds par for the course to me. 16 minute ending song? Nothing new there either really.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I’m going to see them in NC on May 11th what was the convincing info he gave you to entertain this? He said he heard it in a studio setting?

Last time I saw them live was in 01 so it will be fun regardless but having 30 mins of new music changes everything
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:39 pm I’m going to see them in NC on May 11th what was the convincing info he gave you to entertain this? He said he heard it in a studio setting?
Just to be clear, I doubt very much this halo character has heard the album at all. The source that he get the info from is close enough to the band that I have no doubt he's heard it.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

where's the reddit post? has it been taken down?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's still there, has received lots of downvotes. There's nothing of note inside it that hasn't been reported here.
Pimple
Green Herbsman

Post by Pimple »

I am loving all of the renewed hype. I really enjoyed April Fools, I was one that thought maybe they would do a sneaky trick announcement, but wasn't too disappointed they didn't. I actually thought the crickets were pretty funny. I think now we all know it is coming soon it is like collectively the TOOL community has started getting excited, it is really cool. I also like that MOG has chimed in again. As I have said on many occasions, I always got the angst, but at the end of the day when that new music drops it is going to be awesome and we are only a couple of months away at worst...

I also enjoyed basejumper's entomological song names.... Vespidae's Pain... :)
Be good to each other.
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

PimPle wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:00 am I am loving all of the renewed hype.
Same here, even though I try to keep my expectations towards the album under control.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I hope there is a song addressing the fact that Maynard had to wear the legacy of Tool's new album around his neck for 13 years while the other guys got their shit together. Every Tool album has an angry song, can't see why this one couldn't be pointed at the other 3 lazy cunts.
Canned audience laughter
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

tys0n wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:58 am I hope there is a song addressing the fact that Maynard had to wear the legacy of Tool's new album around his neck for 13 years while the other guys got their shit together. Every Tool album has an angry song, can't see why this one couldn't be pointed at the other 3 lazy cunts.
He's definitely taken too much of the burden, though I think Adam has always been forthright about how he QCs everything meticulously. The masses just seem to always think the singer is the "Leader".

That being said, I'm curious how much Darth Maynard we'll get here, though I'll be happy either way. New Tool is simply gonna be new Tool. Though I hope that Bouncing Arab made it on the album from the 2012 tour, that shit was the bee'$ knees.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Within 36 days we will probably hear some new tool. Doesn’t seem real.

I know there’s no signs of it but a double album would be the greatest gift after waiting 13 years. 7 songs at ten mins will go by quick. Blair mentioned something about storing some songs for the winter which gives some hint to maybe it being their last?
aenimal
Fanboi

Post by aenimal »

hellboy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:25 am It's still there, has received lots of downvotes. There's nothing of note inside it that hasn't been reported here.
Hellboy, not that I'd ask you to publicly post it obviously, but do you know the title of the album and/or any track titles?
thekillingjoke
Fanboi

Post by thekillingjoke »

My estimate for the lyrical contents of the album:

- Kids these days
- Jeez, Adam.
- Get off your phones, damn it
- Don't do drugs (they are funny, though)
- Something something about the polarizing effect of social media (10 years after the fact)
- Get off my lawn, too.
- Danny and the interdimensional beings, pt. III

OR:

- a full blown concept album about Maynards disconnect from the rest of the band. Something like The Wall, but with songs about butt sex (but actually not).
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I know you're joking, but you might not be far off.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

the vibe is def in the air. i woke up today wondering if any news might be posted about a single or something. its that real now cause it could happen any day really. woot!

and that troll Hellboy mentioned..maybe its Maynard ? he likes to troll his ''fans''. haha
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Livewire is saying it's "official" that Tool are releasing a new album because of their new Facebook header image.

Not sure that makes anything official tbh
Don't mow your lawn
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:41 am Livewire is saying it's "official" that Tool are releasing a new album because of their new Facebook header image.

just wait for an official word from the band (not cryptic b.s although thats part of the fun kinda). Releasing a single is the next big step.

i remember the lateralus commercials that were shown back in 2001. that wont happen now cause music channels barely show music anymore but i liked seeing those back then. that was cool promotion.
novaconda
My pain is just an excuse

Post by novaconda »

bob wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:46 pm
UndKeineZwEier wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:41 am Livewire is saying it's "official" that Tool are releasing a new album because of their new Facebook header image.

just wait for an official word from the band (not cryptic b.s although thats part of the fun kinda). Releasing a single is the next big step.

i remember the lateralus commercials that were shown back in 2001. that wont happen now cause music channels barely show music anymore but i liked seeing those back then. that was cool promotion.
The last mile is the one you really need to make.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Oh I did not know about those.

Kind of disappointing.

I love those old radio adverts that they sometimes include on reissues of old albums, those were cool.
Last edited by UndKeineZwEier on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't mow your lawn
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I remember those! I think they had one with Mantra playing in the background too.

I keep seeing people mention the monetization of YouTube being a theme so they could totally do a similar marketing campaign like The Ring via Social media if that rings true.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Yes I wonder what the overall theme will be. Maynard losing his mother was obviously a big influence on the last album. Lateralus seemed to be about enlightenment. Aenima and Undertow were very dark and angry.

I wonder if, as they've grown older and happier and spent more time apart will we get an album of individual songs with random influences instead of something more cohesive?

It just dawned on me as I'm writing this that we are about to find out if they still have something to say worth saying. Are they still relevant? It's been 13 years.

Not being negative just wondering about it all, I'm sure they won't dissapoint!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Dunno man I don't care what they say Tool's message has never meant anything to me. Maynard's lyrics are mostly interesting and his performance is almost always solid but Tool, for me at least, has always been about the music. The lyrical theme just don't care. Maynard can pull a King Crimson and sing about cat food as long as he sounds good and the music is dope.

I could be wrong but I have a sneaky feeling the lyrics are going to be more straight forward than even 10k. I just think the days of Maynard going spiral out or the revisiting the Aenima Jung years are just not gonna happen. Dude is 55 now. Wouldn't surprise me to see him use his voice in a more instrumental way as well like in Descending. Chants and humming stuff to supplement the music, particularly if the rumored song lengths end up being true. I feel like this is going to be highly instrumental and that couldn't make me happier.

Of course I could be completely wrong. Who fucking knows. Just bring on the tunes
The most intelligent person on this forum
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

aenimal wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 am
hellboy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:25 am It's still there, has received lots of downvotes. There's nothing of note inside it that hasn't been reported here.
Hellboy, not that I'd ask you to publicly post it obviously, but do you know the title of the album and/or any track titles?
Nope, I know very little about the album that isn't publicly available.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:56 pm
aenimal wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:48 am
Nope, I know very little about the album that isn't publicly available.
Stop lyin you told me it was a double album with a live dvd and a free hand job
The most intelligent person on this forum