Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Tool_User
Optomist

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Tool_User »

M0G wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:30 pm
Tool_User wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:58 am
joeypants wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 am Man, you all are really making a shitload of hay out of something you have zero actual information about! Carry on...
Really? There's only a few comments about it and it is a Tool forum. If they got the fuck on with releasing it we'd have something more interesting to talk about.
Relax man I am the Emperor of Tool Hate and I agree the delay is ridiculous but no point getting all worked up. No amount of frustration or agitation is going to speed up the process. Adam is a control freak and if I were a betting man I would wager this latest delay is on him as well with some goofy artwork packaging that is entirely irrelevant when everything is digital now. I sure as shit won't be buying a CD or Vinyl.
Fuck that mate you've spouted pure bile in here for years I'm allowed a little dig here and there. Anyway cunt is part of my vocabulary I've barely even insulted the bloke 🙄
sudnshok
Bronco's Fan

Post by sudnshok »

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but doesn't the promoter pay for the venue, band, roadies, promotion and other expenses (like insurance)... then recoup that money (plus profit) from the ticket sales? Does the band pay the roadies directly?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:31 am How is the weather on Conclusions Island? Hope you enjoyed your jump.

I wonder if Junior will be willing to add his much better informed $.02.
I can't/won't comment on how they fit in financially with the rest of the touring world in any way, shape or form.
The music business, in general, is all over the map in that regard, and exact wages are rarely shared amongst each other.

However, if they were grossly under-paying their crew there would be an absolute revolving door of crew people, which there is not.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

sudnshok wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:22 pm Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but doesn't the promoter pay for the venue, band, roadies, promotion and other expenses (like insurance)... then recoup that money (plus profit) from the ticket sales? Does the band pay the roadies directly?
Road crew work for the band directly.
Local crew (stagehands) are paid by the promotor.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

hellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:44 pm The email is more or less debunked in that all Full Screen Direct clients seem to have got the same thing
This.
My understanding is that it has something to do with the software, and is not specific to Tool at all.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

junior wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:30 pm
sudnshok wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:22 pm Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but doesn't the promoter pay for the venue, band, roadies, promotion and other expenses (like insurance)... then recoup that money (plus profit) from the ticket sales? Does the band pay the roadies directly?
Road crew work for the band directly.
Local crew (stagehands) are paid by the promotor.
Have you been given any new music to work out visuals for live shows for?
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Thanks for laying down some facts Junior. Much appreciated as always. I had no doubt that a group of guys like Tool would absolutely take very good care of their crew.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:16 pm
M0G wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:30 pm
Tool_User wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:58 am

Really? There's only a few comments about it and it is a Tool forum. If they got the fuck on with releasing it we'd have something more interesting to talk about.
Relax man I am the Emperor of Tool Hate and I agree the delay is ridiculous but no point getting all worked up. No amount of frustration or agitation is going to speed up the process. Adam is a control freak and if I were a betting man I would wager this latest delay is on him as well with some goofy artwork packaging that is entirely irrelevant when everything is digital now. I sure as shit won't be buying a CD or Vinyl.
Fuck that mate you've spouted pure bile in here for years I'm allowed a little dig here and there. Anyway cunt is part of my vocabulary I've barely even insulted the bloke 🙄
Can't really argue with that to be fair. Dig away whatever floats your boat.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

It was just a throw away comment to be fair but it seems to have bothered people so I'll shh or save it for the grudge next time.

I'm not fussed about the packaging either. Whether that's causing the delay or not who knows.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Thanks junior
also, Avatar!
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

Junior and Joey laying down some words of wisdom as always. The rest of us are just gossiping like grannys.

Anyway, I'm holding out for a single release this Friday or next. If there's nothing, then I'll probably be listening to the first new Tool song in years via live recordings, which is less than ideal but whatever. I'll take what I can get.
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
jackob2545
My pain is just an excuse

Post by jackob2545 »

I'm starting to feel a slight shift in thinking as of late. The lack of information put out to the public YET (which I could care less about) has made for some great entertainment on the social media/interwebz. As excited as I am to hear some new Tool, I don't know if I'm ready to see the psychosis of this fan base come to halt. :lol:

Fun times we live in! :roll:
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I once read on the back of a toilet stall that Adam makes all the road crew do a pledge of allegiance to the band before each soundcheck.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Kittaan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:00 am They’re their Tool fans, it wil all werk aught in th ehnd.

Fuck learning to Swim. Learn to fucking SPELL.

And get off my lawn while your at it.
you really get bent out of shape eh ? lighten up for once~!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Hellboy, the sarcasm font is clearly not working.

I know your on Bob’s side anyway, with you’re atroshus grammur and speling skils.
Ki77aan :twisted:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sadly they removed that feature with the forum upgrade. The kids of today will never know the joys of unfettered sarcasm
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Milenyals.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hellboy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:19 pm Sadly they removed that feature with the forum upgrade. The kids of today will never know the joys of unfettered sarcasm
being were being totally indirect about this, there is a difference between sarcasm and being an ass about most things. wha-wha but still. anyway.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

We’re.

Im not sure what your refurring too...

Isn’t it ironic, man? Super. Nice chat.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Don't listen to em Bob. For a bunch of Mods you'd think they'd be more welcoming and have a better sense of humour but win some lose some I say.
Listen to All Them Witches
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

I’ve found myself checking this place once a day for any updates. No news is good news right?!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:34 am Don't listen to em Bob. For a bunch of Mods you'd think they'd be more welcoming and have a better sense of humour but win some lose some I say.
I’m not a Mod, I’m a Rocker mate.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

I like to operate under the assumption everyone here is at least 45. Keeps things on pace
also, Avatar!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

BlackHole83 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:18 am I’ve found myself checking this place once a day for any updates. No news is good news right?!
I work from home so I have way too much time to check this site. I just want to know if new music is coming this tour. I’m fine either way but not knowing is what’s killing me. Considering Europe is lumped in I imagine there will be some new music but who knows.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

BlackHole83 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:18 am I’ve found myself checking this place once a day for any updates. No news is good news right?!
I've found myself talking to myself in the corner over there. Bad news
also, Avatar!