Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
M0G
Lungsmen

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:17 am The butt hurt has reached a whole new level on this forum. Did Tool mention that they would be performing the new album, or playing the new single when they started selling tickets for this tour? Then why would it make any sense to cancel your purchase when you made an educated gamble on the show? Why don't we all just wait and see what happens next week when they start performing before freaking out. It's literally not the end of the world. From the looks of some of these posts, you guys obviously (or at least I hope) have good health and nobody in your circle is ill or dying. Be thankful for that. And chill out.
That is nonsense they have been talking about a the new album and posting random Instagram pics before any tour announcement was up their is a basic assumption given where they expressed they were in their process that new music would be played at these May shows calling it an educated gamble is ridiculous. If you want to excuse unprofessional behavior and blatant disregard for the fans go for it but I will not. It has absolutely hit home why I grew to hate Tool so much. Fans have been waiting patiently and are certainly within their rights to respectfully express their displeasure with the situation.
The most intelligent person on this forum
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:43 am I think after this album our best hope is that Tool starts releasing EP’s again or just singles. I’d be perfectly okay with a single every year or two.
I would LOVE this. I could see that kind of a system both allowing them to release things a little more often, and also allow them to get a little more experimental, which I've always wanted to see from them.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

LOL, Mog decided his first rant to me wasn't powerful enough so he rewrote it. You need help, man.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:20 pm LOL, Mog decided his first rant to me wasn't powerful enough so he rewrote it. You need help, man.
I am quite fine and that wasn’t a rant. I disagreed with your position and expressed that.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

Also, that's exactly what an educated gamble is. There is STILL an assumption that they are going to play new music. We get it. You like to prematurely stir the pot around here with your "I told you so" schtick. Give it a rest. The tour hasn't even started yet. Maynard even liked a comment when someone mentioned they were looking forward to hearing new music at the shows. If they don't play any new music after the first show, by all means flip the fuck out and cry.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:27 pm Also, that's exactly what an educated gamble is. There is STILL an assumption that they are going to play new music. We get it. You like to prematurely stir the pot around here with your "I told you so, schtick". Give it a rest. The tour hasn't even started yet. Maynard even liked a comment when someone mentioned they were looking forward to hearing new music at the shows. If they don't play any new music after the first show, by all means flip the fuck out and cry.
I am not stirring any pot. Did I curse at you? Did I say anything untoward or unkind? I expressed an opinion about Tool on a Tool forum in a respectful manner.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

I just think it's funny that you go from 0 - 10 so fast. "No,no,no,no. I'm not the old Mog anymore. I'm not going to get upset about this band that's disappointed me for so many years. yada yada same old shit.

Then................."aldkfja;dlj;fl;djf;aldkfjnvaaeuitp98435-2`3rjfadvkl;a2313413242308-=03dfgjl;itoldyousotoolios"
BellJH
Fanboi

Post by BellJH »

I'm actually starting to hope they don't play new music this tour if the album isn't coming out until July/August (which sucks). As much as I want to save it for release day, I know I will crack and watch all the mediocre youtube vids. Seems anticlimactic after 13 years of waiting.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

I am wondering if the first show, which is at a festival, will get a new song. Usually festivals are when bands play their greatest hits because of the different bands and their fans.

Now the 2nd show, the standalone, could and should be very different

Surprised there is still no mention of an opening band.

As for the album, I hope that the website goof is on purpose and Next Monday we go there and it’s all about the new release. It would be a simple flick of the software switch.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:34 pm I just think it's funny that you go from 0 - 10 so fast. "No,no,no,no. I'm not the old Mog anymore. I'm not going to get upset about this band that's disappointed me for so many years. yada yada same old shit.

Then................."aldkfja;dlj;fl;djf;aldkfjnvaaeuitp98435-2`3rjfadvkl;a2313413242308-=03dfgjl;itoldyousotoolios"
I never said I would never again express annoyance or displeasure with the band. The old Mog would have posted a profanity filled 15 page thesis. I expressed my opinion on this latest delay. You blew it up into something more. Now let’s get back on topic.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

DeadGuyAle wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 pm I am wondering if the first show, which is at a festival, will get a new song. Usually festivals are when bands play their greatest hits because of the different bands and their fans.

I still think they are going to play the "single" at the first festival show, and possibly a second/maybe third new song at the standalone. Call me crazy, call me optimistic, call me a Toolio but I'm sticking with that stance. There is no evidence pointing to them not playing new music other than silence.....which is really not out of the ordinary for this band.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:41 pm
DeadGuyAle wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 pm I am wondering if the first show, which is at a festival, will get a new song. Usually festivals are when bands play their greatest hits because of the different bands and their fans.

I still think they are going to play the "single" at the first festival show, and possibly a second/maybe third new song at the standalone. Call me crazy, call me optimistic, call me a Toolio but I'm sticking with that stance. There is no evidence pointing to them not playing new music other than silence.....which is really not out of the ordinary for this band.
No one called you a Toolio. You may likely be right. It doesn’t change my opinion on the radio silence as it pertains to the shows but I certainly HOPE for the people that are attending that they get to hear new music.
Bill Hilly
Droner

Post by Bill Hilly »

M0G wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm
No one called you a Toolio. You may likely be right. It doesn’t change my opinion on the radio silence as it pertains to the shows but I certainly HOPE for the people that are attending that they get to hear new music.
Feeling kinda cute, might tell ya I told you so after the show. I don't know yet.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I hear you mog, can't disagree with any of that. I'm holding back a bit because I'm quite new here and don't want to come across as a total arsehole. I'm on Facebook but don't post on there so won't be putting anything on Tools page but FYI everytime Tool post anything it's bombarded with comments about the new album. They clearly don't give a shit.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:17 am The butt hurt has reached a whole new level on this forum. Did Tool mention that they would be performing the new album, or playing the new single when they started selling tickets for this tour? Then why would it make any sense to cancel your purchase when you made an educated gamble on the show? Why don't we all just wait and see what happens next week when they start performing before freaking out. It's literally not the end of the world. From the looks of some of these posts, you guys obviously (or at least I hope) have good health and nobody in your circle is ill or dying. Be thankful for that. And chill out.
This is where Tool fans come to vent what the fuck else do you expect?
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

joeypants wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 pm
Capt. Shipwreck wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:43 am I think after this album our best hope is that Tool starts releasing EP’s again or just singles. I’d be perfectly okay with a single every year or two.
I would LOVE this. I could see that kind of a system both allowing them to release things a little more often, and also allow them to get a little more experimental, which I've always wanted to see from them.
I was thinking this the other day. I'd love to see more footage of them in the studio during the making of any of their albums and wondered if being out of contract would make them releasing stuff more likely but came to the conclusion it was wishful thinking, but you never know!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Hellboy seems pretty consistently level headed about shit so if he thinks it's absurd then it probably is.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Tool_User wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:09 pm I hear you mog, can't disagree with any of that. I'm holding back a bit because I'm quite new here and don't want to come across as a total arsehole. I'm on Facebook but don't post on there so won't be putting anything on Tools page but FYI everytime Tool post anything it's bombarded with comments about the new album. They clearly don't give a shit.
Nope they don’t they never have. Like I said man they live in this weird little delusional world where they think the fans have done nothing to help them achieve the level of success they have. Anyway that is enough from me I gave my opinion but don’t want to continue being negative.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:55 pm
M0G wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm
Feeling kinda cute, might tell ya I told you so after the show. I don't know yet.
Hey if you get to hear a new song go for it man gloat away I will be legit happy for you
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Moridin wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:16 am
unclejackson wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:43 am What's the minimum notice the band might resonably give before dropping a single? I assume a digital single release wouldn't require much notice at all. Would radio markets need advance info?

Just curious - asking out of a bit of ignorance on the subject.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure singles are only digital now, I don't think anyone bothers printing physical singles anymore. And since the album is finished mixing and mastering, that means they can literally just drop it whenever they want, no notice.
Ettan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:59 am I hope they capitalize as much as possible on sunday. Imagine a badass new intro with a new animation or something, then the band slowly walks on stage and starts playing a brand new song.
I think a good way of doing the single release would be that, just start playing it at a show and at the same time have a dude backstage upload the song to the relevant websites. Everyone at the show gets to experience it live for the first time, everyone on else around the world gets the official song rather than some shitty fancam clips.
Not that I think this will ever happen in a million years it sure is a solid idea
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Would just like to clarify that I only think it's absurd that we have no update. We know things are happening. Tool knows we all want some kind of news. If they're not ready for a full announce yet then that's fine, but something is better than nothing.

That we have no single/album prior to the tour I don't see as a big deal.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

tiresias wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:46 am I saw Hot Chip last night and they only played 2 new songs from their upcoming record. I bet Tool does one new song and a cover on shows before the new album is released.
If any two bands are comparable it's Tool and Hot Chip
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

DeadGuyAle wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:37 pm
Surprised there is still no mention of an opening band.
All Souls were announced as support act a few days back
insertcrypticnameher
Bronco's Fan

Post by insertcrypticnameher »

When is the new album coming out?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

We can only assume never