Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Bill Hilly »

With Tool fans, I think we can expect to see something uploaded or live streamed pretty much immediately.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

gamebounty wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:12 pm Anybody know when we can expect a good quality recording uploaded to Youtube? We should have something up by the end of Sunday, right? I'm not sure what's typical for these kinds of things. Never waited anxiously for a bootleg before. :lol:
I would suggest watching YouTube nonstop because I am sure Tool and their label will be having vids taken down left and right. Gotta get a view before it gets taken down
The most intelligent person on this forum
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i think its pretty simple why no single is out yet. the album is too far off and they prob want a single hitting radio/flying all over the internet closer to the release of the album. thats good business and makes the most sense,to me anyway.

stay tuned for youtube and whatever else tonight! from what i've ever known phone stuff doesnt get pulled off for them really. i dont think its going to be too hard to find some half assed/half decent clips of these new shows. esp festivals.
Last edited by bob on Sun May 05, 2019 5:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:01 am
and thanks for telling us it was GTM time. now its fn monday at 1 30 am! haha pour a little more salt in the wound ;)

Are you in fucking Samoa?
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

hey, i deleted that cause i wasnt sure what was going on with it.
it says Jacksonville,Florida is EST,maybe he meant his own timezone.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=oMXOXP ... -mFHzvjZsY :D
Last edited by bob on Sun May 05, 2019 6:06 am, edited 6 times in total.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Guys all we gotta do is break into their dressing room while they are on stage. One of them is bound to have a copy of the album on their phone! Or better yet, we could just break into one of their houses?? Why didnt we think of this before!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Tool_User wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:16 am Guys all we gotta do is break into their dressing room while they are on stage. One of them is bound to have a copy of the album on their phone! Or better yet, we could just break into one of their houses?? Why didnt we think of this before!
thats a good point! they're not home right now ;)
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Tix for Birmingham on Tues are going for less than $40 on the resale sites - good deal
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

T-minus 13 hours until stage time.....we can finally now count the HOURS until we hear new TOOL (if you choose to do so)
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Well guys we made it. Every prediction had been wrong so far. Wonder what will happen tonight.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Hey my prediction is still well in play!
tys0n wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:56 am Just going to take you into the mind of a conceited asshole like Adam (wow that was hard for me) they will want to reward the patient and the live fans, so playing news songs live and then it's up to you if you want to wait for the album to drop or shitty mobile phone recordings
Canned audience laughter
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

tys0n wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:42 am Hey my prediction is still well in play!
tys0n wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:56 am Just going to take you into the mind of a conceited asshole like Adam (wow that was hard for me) they will want to reward the patient and the live fans, so playing news songs live and then it's up to you if you want to wait for the album to drop or shitty mobile phone recordings
After 13 effing years, I will be very satisfied with shitty mobile phone recordings as an appetizer.

rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Can I count on you guys to find the best shitty recording? Game of thrones will be on.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

Just saw that section 105 had tickets cheaper and available for Louisville, so snagged 2.

I have 2 tickets for section 323, Row H together for free for anyone on here that wants to go to the Louisville show. They are electronic, so would have to transfer them to you via that way.

Let me know if anyone wants them, preferably sooner than later so that I can put them up for sale if no takers.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

greasy wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:52 am
After 13 effing years, I will be very satisfied with shitty mobile phone recordings as an appetizer.
I'll record in 4K hopefully....If someone updates Setlist.fm with birmingham's show, that'll give me an idea of when a potentially new song gets played so I can be ready to record
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

DeadGuyAle wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:20 am
greasy wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:52 am

I'll record in 4K hopefully....If someone updates Setlist.fm with birmingham's show, that'll give me an idea of when a potentially new song gets played so I can be ready to record
I'll be ready to watch/listen! Toss us a link when you complete your work so we can enjoy it. Many thanks in advance for your efforts.

DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

greasy wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:47 am to watch/listen! Toss us a link when you complete your work so we can enjoy it. Many thanks in advance for your efforts.
Sure will. It's been forever since I was at a TOOL show, I hope that I can do it without getting my phone confiscated! :D

So in comparison, here's a shot of the last time I saw them, which was in 2007. This was taken with the Motorola Razr (anyone remember that one? Ha!) And I thought this was a good pic!

Now, 12 years later, I'll have my iPhone Xs Max, so I expect better results.
DeadGuyAle
of Arimathea

Post by DeadGuyAle »

The thing is, if they do play new songs, unless Maynard says the name of it, we'll never know the name unless someone snags a setlist from them that night.

I will be sorely disappointed if they don't play new songs (or at least more than Descending) Wednesday only to find out that they play a lot of new songs in Europe and the later US tour. The chances of them coming back to Louisville after Europe will be slim to none. They will more than likely play Cincinnati and Indy, both 2+ hours away.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I have been optimistic this whole lead up and believed every date thrown at me only to have my dreams crushed. That being said, I think they still have something big coming. Totally new song that’s not descending or surprise release still on the books.
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:27 am I have been optimistic this whole lead up and believed every date thrown at me only to have my dreams crushed. That being said, I think they still have something big coming. Totally new song that’s not descending or surprise release still on the books.
Agreed.

limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

10k days press photos and bio have been removed from Spotify. Something's a brewin'....
Ahhh, Infotainment!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

some vids of korn and rob zombie from friday night at Rockville to get a taste

Hopefully the videos won’t be like

bob
Toast

Post by bob »

limeygringo wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:12 am 10k days press photos and bio have been removed from Spotify. Something's a brewin'....

:shock: well that coded b.s thing May 5th is still tech not off the table. maybe they will put a single up for sale today ? who the hell knows! i just figured live and thats cool. man, f today! bah!
Last edited by bob on Sun May 05, 2019 9:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Wheres the damn poster?!??!?!?!

:lol:
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

More weather problems for the festival...