Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw »

junior will the lasers be contained and epicenter in NC?
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

My birthday is on the 31st of August, the best birthday present ever. I bet the 2 songs we heard will sound amazing on the album, i can’t be more excited.
I forgot my pen
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Fuck Im starting to love this place which is very bad news for you guys. I've lurked here for a long time so feel like I know some of you quite well lol Fanboys indeed, what the fuck else brings us all here?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

You guys can listen to these shitty recordings all you want and fawn over them, I'm just pointing out my truth and reality, instead of taking the collective kool aid.
hearing new music def warrants an album release but a good audience recording can have a warmth and richness albums do not. plus its the real deal,live! its not for everyone and thats fine but i like hearing them. some are bad,agreed on that. you cant get much out of bad ones.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I love that Maynard tells the fans at the end of the gig ' alright get your fuckin phones out and do what you gotta do, security step down' He doesn't agree with it and just wants everyone to enjoy the show but still let's them have their moment. What a dude.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

bob wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:37 am
You guys can listen to these shitty recordings all you want and fawn over them, I'm just pointing out my truth and reality, instead of taking the collective kool aid.
hearing new music def warrants an album release but a good audience recording can have a warmth and richness albums do not. plus its the real deal,live! its not for everyone and thats fine but i like hearing them. some are bad,agreed on that. you cant get much out of bad ones.
You don't have to explain yourself to anyone my dude. Some people are just nasty and grumpy. Ignore it. Free country....for now.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

huh? well thanks for that but i wasnt defending myself. i was just saying what i like in comment to what he said. just cause i like live music and wanted to add to the conversation. its all good!

(haha ya, free country for now for sure,robots are gonna take it over!) not really but i hear ya.

cheers bro!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:45 pm There's certainly some interesting themeing going on of late:
  • The use of roman numerals to show the year (and perhaps album title) MMXIX
  • The use of the broken Greek statue in Adi Granov's poster design
  • The olympic torch motif in Alex Grey's work
  • Pyramids in the video during Descending
  • Lyrics invoking a warrior on Invincible
This is a good observation... Interesting to see what they do with this. They havent really ever had a "theme" on past albums. Not to the level that the songs, lyrics, posters, album name/advertisement, all was inline.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Alex Grey:

I don't know what makes me even more happy - the announced release date for the new TOOL album or the fact, that MOG is happy with all these new songs. What a time to be alive!
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:45 pm There's certainly some interesting themeing going on of late:
And explicitly mentioning Ponce de Leon in Invincible. Dude was a Spanish conquistador in the late 1400's/early 1500's. At one point was supposedly searching for the Fountain of Youth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Ponce_de_Le%C3%B3n
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Stole this from a FB page i follow. A few interesting points:

Maynard went over to each of his other bandmates and first bumped, high fived, and pointed.
-Adam had his pigtail braids, Justin's suspenders kept slipping down, Maynard look like a member of The Exploited, and Danny has lost some weight and was bouncing off his new stool.
-Jambi was off, but the 2 new tunes rocked in person.
-Maynard likes Hattie B's.
-The big star now moves down and orbits around Danny as he gets his time in the spotlight...er, many spotlights.
-Finally, for a couple songs, a thin see-through curtain came down that didn't obstruct your view while the video was broadcast on it. The intermission time was lasered and displayed on that curtain too.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

everything hellboy mentioned fits into some greek theme except the pryamids but pryamids are cool so they belong in some way. do we get some gyro with the purchase of the new album or what ?

just saw this on FB. some of you were interested in the socks. i guess you dont get a pair! ;)
59638979_2375297405843323_3697754726306152448_n.jpg
59638979_2375297405843323_3697754726306152448_n.jpg (86.74 KiB) Viewed 10250 times
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Moridin wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:11 am
And explicitly mentioning Ponce de Leon in Invincible. Dude was a Spanish conquistador in the late 1400's/early 1500's. At one point was supposedly searching for the Fountain of Youth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Ponce_de_Le%C3%B3n
I am feeling this is going to be a loose concept album where the songs fit a hero's journey outline. While the material obviously draws on real life, the themes or ideas will fit an abstract story framework regarding one's lifetime and reflected through existence in general (history etc...), mistakes that are made etc.... The tone of the lyrics in both songs we've heard so far, combined with things like the torch give me this impression. I really like that the lyrics so far are not sarcastic and condescending like lots of Days was.
Last edited by Boldizar on Wed May 08, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

the Fountain of Youth, and Invincible is def about age plus hearing that mixed with this conquistador Ponce dude. Ponch ? like from CHiPS! ? i could see M wearing a CHiPs uniform! haha
Last edited by bob on Wed May 08, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 am I sure as shit know it's gonna be a struggle to not listen to Invincible between now and late August. Down right impossible actually. I'll try to give it to end of month if I can in the hope they release a single but it's probably unlikely they would so far from the album release date yeah?
Hang in there Busty, you can do it. I haven't listened to either track yet. I was definitely tempted the night of the first show in Florida, but that's passed. Stay strong!

It is strange reading all of the comments about Descending and Invincible though, and it'll be interesting to see how they change once the album is out.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 am I sure as shit know it's gonna be a struggle to not listen to Invincible between now and late August. Down right impossible actually. I'll try to give it to end of month if I can in the hope they release a single but it's probably unlikely they would so far from the album release date yeah?
You're not alone....it's definitely a struggle.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Bill Hilly wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:51 am
114 Days. Piece of cake.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

nxrm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:05 am
Bill Hilly wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:51 am
114 Days. Piece of cake.
Before: Piece of cake, piece of crumb cake...
After:
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

any word on whether the two new songs were tighter during the recent performance? I look forward to hearing them in person Saturday. Hopefully they'll resonate more with me then.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Tool_User wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:41 am I love that Maynard tells the fans at the end of the gig ' alright get your fuckin phones out and do what you gotta do, security step down' He doesn't agree with it and just wants everyone to enjoy the show but still let's them have their moment. What a dude.
If I remember correctly he did this during the recent APC tour as well. I think he told everyone to take out their phones prior to the last song.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Sticking with a hero theme, I can see Maynard using Quixote at some point. Not necessarily in humorous fashion but rather disenchantment.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

nxrm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:05 am 114 Days. Piece of cake.
Nice to see you're on board the edging train too.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

Bill Hilly wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:33 am
nxrm wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:05 am 114 Days. Piece of cake.
Nice to see you're on board the edging train too.
Tool.Edging.

Appropriate. Creepy, but appropriate.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

hellboy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:24 am Try not to die until after Aug 30 imo
New thread competition! “Guess which fans will croak prior to the release date- winner gets dinner and a movie with Junior”
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.