Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by limeygringo »

Boldizar wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:18 am Oddly enough, Keith Richards next album is a synth opera produced by Larry Fast.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Only messing, fuck the rain I don't think I've ever been to a festival where it didn't rain. One of my earliest festival memories is watching placebo in torrential rain with thunder and lightening then going back to my tent to find it completely flooded. Good times!
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

limeygringo wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:59 am
Boldizar wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:18 am Oddly enough, Keith Richards next album is a synth opera produced by Larry Fast.
HAH! Perfect.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Happy Birthday Danny on Toolband Twitter.
Happy Birthday Danny on Toolband Facebook.
Blair sharing links to MAGICK books on Toolband's Facebook.

Still no update of any kind on the Toolband website...
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

what kind of update are you looking for ? everyone knows when the album comes out. they are touring. they never really were that great with there sites. i dont really see what they could say that everyone doesnt know at this point.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:28 am
joeypants wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:06 am That's actually Justin doing the "synth solo" ;) He does the bass solo thing (with similar sound to the one in The Pot), and then the next part is some kind of pedal/effect that makes his bass sound like a synth.
Nah it’s danny he stands up in the video and goes and plays it
Oh wow, really? I didn't notice. That's awesome.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

bob wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:00 pm what kind of update are you looking for ? everyone knows when the album comes out. they are touring. they never really were that great with there sites. i dont really see what they could say that everyone doesnt know at this point.
Their website used to be a great source of information with regular updates, and ToolArmy used to be a great place to check-in with other fans. There were actual exclusive news posts, pictures, and from time to time actual tour pre-sales, as well as merch pre-sales. There was a lot of history about the band, and it was relatively accessible.

Whether it's server migration or back-end updates, it's a bit of a shame seeing the current state of the site. And, at the moment, there's absolutely nothing when you sign in to ToolArmy...although I bet they're still accepting new members with that annual $50 fee.

For the most part, my comments about their website are just an observation.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I am convinced that the platform's maintenance is preventing them from providing any updates.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Boldizar wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:30 pm I am convinced that the platform's maintenance is preventing them from providing any updates.
Yeah, I agree with you. Most likely OneLive's platform maintenance.

Still, the old website was ditched for this new one and I don't think it's been much of an improvement.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

tys0n wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:22 am
Moridin wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:11 pm
Bill Hilly wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:06 pm Wait, what? Danny plays a synth solo?
I lost my shit to this post realizing Billy just got his mind blown :lol:
:lol:
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

brewdog123 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:12 am when danny hits the gong in descending.....

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

nxrm wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pm
bob wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:00 pm what kind of update are you looking for ? everyone knows when the album comes out. they are touring. they never really were that great with there sites. i dont really see what they could say that everyone doesnt know at this point.
Their website used to be a great source of information with regular updates, and ToolArmy used to be a great place to check-in with other fans. There were actual exclusive news posts, pictures, and from time to time actual tour pre-sales, as well as merch pre-sales. There was a lot of history about the band, and it was relatively accessible.

Whether it's server migration or back-end updates, it's a bit of a shame seeing the current state of the site. And, at the moment, there's absolutely nothing when you sign in to ToolArmy...although I bet they're still accepting new members with that annual $50 fee.

For the most part, my comments about their website are just an observation.
i joined toolarmy back on the 3rd day it opened. It would of been the 1s dayt but i was mega busy the two days prior and i missed the site going live that first day. i was checking it everyday for months beforehand hoping to find out what it was. dooh!

anyway, those are good points! TA was cool back then. the forums and everyone talking,worrying about the stupid karma system! haha. i guess im so use to way it is now i just feel this is totally normal and we know whats up so its business as usual. Exciting new music though with a buuzzz in the air over it all.

one thing i remember. us lucky canadians never got any presales. the beginning of the end! ;)

i forgot about the recent website upgrades and nothing changing yet. i also dont bother logging in much cause what we just talked about :S

well i hope they do something so it gives it a little more enthusiasm. I will log in then i guess.

right on!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

maybe its because Tool makes minimum wage along with there webmaster person and whoever else. i forgot to add that little easter egg in ;) bahaha
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

bob wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 pm i joined toolarmy back on the 3rd day it opened. It would of been the 1s dayt but i was mega busy the two days prior and i missed the site going live that first day. i was checking it everyday for months beforehand hoping to find out what it was. dooh!

anyway, those are good points! TA was cool back then. the forums and everyone talking,worrying about the stupid karma system! haha. i guess im so use to way it is now i just feel this is totally normal and we know whats up so its business as usual. Exciting new music though with a buuzzz in the air over it all.

one thing i remember. us lucky canadians never got any presales. the beginning of the end! ;)

i forgot about the recent website upgrades and nothing changing yet. i also dont bother logging in much cause what we just talked about :S

well i hope they do something so it gives it a little more enthusiasm. I will log in then i guess.

right on!
Right on indeed! You were actually a TA member longer than I was. I don't remember the exact day I signed up (sometime in October 2003?), but I do remember that Junior and I had the same "Member Since" date. :)

A lot of good times in there for sure.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Thanks for the updates about the site I appreciate reading them. If it isn’t on onelivemedias end it’s intentional. Danny put out a book on synths which was weirdly promoted and they come and play a song where he has a synth solo. You can never tell with these guys haha. Like, WHY is their discography still fucked on the site? Your website is your online brand. I run a website for e-commerce and if one thing is messed up I lose my shit and fix immediately.

Blair ran the site just fine back in the day I loved the old tool site with dissectional and enjoy reading in to his blog posts. The lack of posts and updates is completely intentional imo. His newsletters have been festival updates. Somethings coming.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i heard in passing on FB that dissectional finally bit the bullet ? i havent gone there in god knows how long, i heard of Japan from dannys top 10's so that was pretty cool.

as far as the site goes i dont think they bother cause they really dont have to. They always kept there following and with social media and of course FourthEye it does fine. it wouldnt hurt though.

i still have a printed out thing from the old TA forums when i called Blair out for bullshitting about ''Lachrymology'' he actually answered which was kind of funny. i just found it!

Dont mind the retarded name. its still relevant in meaning but i kinda regret using that as a name. i spelt millennium wrong too. oh geeze!
01.jpg
01.jpg (110.43 KiB) Viewed 7338 times
02.jpg
02.jpg (89.35 KiB) Viewed 7338 times
going on 16 years ago, wow!. i was a little embarassed when he answered if im being honest. too much b.s, it just came through, sorry Blair. still kinda funny though.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

ziggy23 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:52 pm Image
:lol:
I recall an interview with him and Danny where he called Axl out for taking so long on Chinese Democracy.
#doublesnort
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Happy Fuckin' Birthday to the Majestic Danny Carey!

Here he is with Brann Dailor and Kirk Covington, who if you can ever catch at Elephant Room in Austin you will not regret. Here he lays down some mad synth, and he cracks jokes while shuffling some awesome jazz drumming at Elephant Room.

Ahhh, Infotainment!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:09 pm Dont mind the retarded name.
To be honest I thought you may be a bit retarded bob, but it turns out you're just Canadian!`
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

pfft! no peameal bacon for you! baha!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

With all this reference to Ancient Rome, maybe we'll finally get Tool at Pompeii. Cliché, I know, but if Crimson did it after Floyd, why not?

Or one up both of them and play the Coliseum (which they'd probably destroy with the power of Bass)
Ahhh, Infotainment!
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

tomorrow is the day! man this year with the build up has been great. I feel 18 again and I’m so happy I get to see them with my wife. got my 9 year old son singing, “warrior, strugglin’..”
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 pm tomorrow is the day! man this year with the build up has been great. I feel 18 again and I’m so happy I get to see them with my wife. got my 9 year old son singing, “warrior, strugglin’..”
Enjoy! Relish every song.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
nrs333
Maynard Believer

Post by nrs333 »

:twisted:
Last edited by nrs333 on Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.