Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw »

Adam Jones just live streamed vicarious and stinkfist on his insta from tonight’s show. It paused constantly but it was still pretty cool.
nrs333
Maynard Believer

Post by nrs333 »

Warriors, stay alive! For many of us, it’s been a decade plus. For many of us, it is brand new...For all, it is a tool. Read. Read the lyrics. Read the Book of the Law, in contravention of instructions. The fountain is real, and no truth is in our way. I love this place, and what we are all about to accomplish by bearing witness, will still change the world. Let us not lose sight of why we love this band. We all hear, and we all see. Let us teach those without ears or eyes, for nothing is yet lost. Thank you all for the community over the years. Now it is our time!!! Bearing down.
gamebounty
RIP

Post by gamebounty »

It seems like the overall reception for these new songs is pretty damn positive. I see people getting excited all over the rock community, which is pretty cool. For those of you who were fans back when the 10,000 days leaks hit, how does the reception to those songs compare to the reception to these ones? Does it seem like people are more excited this time around?
"The whole world seems to have gone full gay retard" -petemasterpete
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more positive.

Everyone was bitching about Vicarious sounding rehashed, people whinging about the track listing and how uninspiring it was (The Pot? Come on) and even some writing the whole album off as a decoy album.

Good times.
Canned audience laughter
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

What is this shit the bed shit?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:33 pm Adam Jones just live streamed vicarious and stinkfist on his insta from tonight’s show. It paused constantly but it was still pretty cool.
Agreed. I dug it.

Took me a moment to realize why he was playing left handed. 8-)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

That decoy album theory was fucking hilarious back in the day lol I personally was disappointed when I first heard the Vicarious single. It took seeing it live to appreciate that one. But once the album dropped I thought it was awesome despite not being at all what I expected.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Especially ‘Rosetta Stoned’
Not a decoy.
I mean holy fucking shit
hashtagmyfavouritesongonthedecoyalbum
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

nrs333 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:44 pm Warriors, stay alive! For many of us, it’s been a decade plus. For many of us, it is brand new...For all, it is a tool. Read. Read the lyrics. Read the Book of the Law, in contravention of instructions. The fountain is real, and no truth is in our way. I love this place, and what we are all about to accomplish by bearing witness, will still change the world. Let us not lose sight of why we love this band. We all hear, and we all see. Let us teach those without ears or eyes, for nothing is yet lost. Thank you all for the community over the years. Now it is our time!!! Bearing down.
I've got to go to storage now, but your right!!!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Invincible live is as good as it gets. It is really nice to be able to tell someone the answer to what is TOOL?

Do u have 12 minutes?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Regarding the Toolband website maintenance: it appears that Fullscreen Direct is no more, and that the business was sold off to OneLive Media.

I imagine it's a bit frustrating not being able to post updates to your own website if the above transfer of ownership is the sole reason.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

lachrymologist wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:50 am Invincible live is as good as it gets. It is really nice to be able to tell someone the answer to what is TOOL?

Do u have 12 minutes?
Can't wait to hear it. Only 111 days to go!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

gamebounty wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:59 pm It seems like the overall reception for these new songs is pretty damn positive. I see people getting excited all over the rock community, which is pretty cool. For those of you who were fans back when the 10,000 days leaks hit, how does the reception to those songs compare to the reception to these ones? Does it seem like people are more excited this time around?
I'm not convinced. We're pretty positive about these songs in this forum, but I don't think the acclaim is necessarily widespread. I think my initial gut feeling was that these tracks are better than Vicarious, but time will tell.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

gamebounty wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:59 pm It seems like the overall reception for these new songs is pretty damn positive. I see people getting excited all over the rock community, which is pretty cool. For those of you who were fans back when the 10,000 days leaks hit, how does the reception to those songs compare to the reception to these ones? Does it seem like people are more excited this time around?
This is a completely different situation to the 10K Days leak weeks before the album dropped. This is 2 live songs being performed MONTHS before studio versions will drop (Apparently). It is more exciting now on that level, but having the entire album leak was amazing in a different way. I don’t think you can compare it apples to apples.

I remember hoping it was a decoy, because it was so fucking good I couldn’t imagine what the “real” album would sound like.
Ki77aan :twisted:
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

tys0n wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:09 pm It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more positive.

Everyone was bitching about Vicarious sounding rehashed, people whinging about the track listing and how uninspiring it was (The Pot? Come on) and even some writing the whole album off as a decoy album.

Good times.
This man speaks the truth 10k release was all over the place. A lot of Tool fans were not happy. However, as time went on, many of the people who were initially unhappy with 10,000 Days came to love the album.

Personally I loved it from day one. It has a few weaknesses and isn’t at Lateralus/Aenima caliber but it is a damn good album. The Pot always feels a bit out of place and Maynard isn’t great on that song. Overall though it is an outstanding album.

If the the rest of the songs on the new album are as good as Descending and Invincible, then this album will absolutely surpass 10,000 Days. Whether or not it is Lateralus/Aenima level in it’s entirety remains to be seen, although, as Busty said, who cares if it is or isn’t. The new album is it’s own thing and it is a waste of time continually comparing it to previous albums. I just want to experience this one for whatever it ends up being and enjoy what will likely be the last full length Tool album.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

As Kittaan said, it's really not comparable. We're talking about a 5 year gap, following-up arguably one of the best records every created. 13 years later, there's less expectation by default.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

didn't danny say during a VIP session that there is one song that is heavier and lyrically more intense than ticks & leeches?
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

lukas wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:09 am didn't danny say during a VIP session that there is one song that is heavier and lyrically more intense than ticks & leeches?
Danny seems like a genuinely kind person and is probably the best rock drummer alive but when it comes to anything related to new music he isn’t reliable at all. In terms of reliability ToolArchive and Hellboy have better track records. And in a fairly recent Tool Archive vid someone who heard the album said all the lyrics are clean. Now someone else said they thought that was just a rumor and had been disproven but given how Maynard has approached vocals and harmonies on Descending and Invincible I don’t think we are going to hear him doing anything like Ticks and Leeches. Dude sounds great but he is 55 and I highly doubt he could pull off that kind of screaming and aggression again. To be honest I prefer he didn’t his approach so far has been incredibly complimentary to the music itself.
The most intelligent person on this forum
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I also forgot I was a massive cheerleader for the shit production i felt that 10,000 days suffered from, way too loud and not the subtle Tool I was used to.
Canned audience laughter
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

To be fair I know it's inevitable but we can't realllyyy compare a couple of live tracks recorded from mobile phones with the release of a full studio album. When it's actually released we'll be able to dee what the reception really is. Tool are a niche band anyway so I'm expecting most people to not really give a shit lol
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Maynards vocal melodies while Danny is playing on the synth are fucking beautiful. Can't wait to hear that on cd plus harmonies.
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

nxrm wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:09 pm
bob wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 1:15 pm i joined toolarmy back on the 3rd day it opened. It would of been the 1s dayt but i was mega busy the two days prior and i missed the site going live that first day. i was checking it everyday for months beforehand hoping to find out what it was. dooh!

anyway, those are good points! TA was cool back then. the forums and everyone talking,worrying about the stupid karma system! haha. i guess im so use to way it is now i just feel this is totally normal and we know whats up so its business as usual. Exciting new music though with a buuzzz in the air over it all.

one thing i remember. us lucky canadians never got any presales. the beginning of the end! ;)

i forgot about the recent website upgrades and nothing changing yet. i also dont bother logging in much cause what we just talked about :S

well i hope they do something so it gives it a little more enthusiasm. I will log in then i guess.

right on!
Right on indeed! You were actually a TA member longer than I was. I don't remember the exact day I signed up (sometime in October 2003?), but I do remember that Junior and I had the same "Member Since" date. :)

A lot of good times in there for sure.
I hope this backend maintenance is the reason I can't login with my account anymore. I really don't want to pay again. I don't even know who to contact.

Justin - "Thanks for being part of Tool Army"
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I'm not a member of ToolArmy but how can you guys be happy with a $50 a year membership for what exactly?

What the FUCK do you get?

It ain't front row tickets.
Canned audience laughter
PulsedHalo
Has been

Post by PulsedHalo »

tys0n wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 am I'm not a member of ToolArmy but how can you guys be happy with a $50 a year membership for what exactly?

What the FUCK do you get?

It ain't front row tickets.
Back in the day it wasn't annual. At least I don't think it was. And I got crazy close seats from the tool army presales. Plus we got dibs on signed lateralus vinyls and other awesome perks. It was worth it back then.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I got my membership because of the dope tool army t. Then a week after I got it they started selling the shirts solo on the exclusive products tab haha.