Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nxrm
Living Duller

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm »

Specter wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:45 pm
Danny wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 1:56 pm i want to experience the studio recordings the right way and i think if i listen to these live ones daily that experience will suffer.
Only 110 days my friends.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Listening to the new jams after the cancelled concerts changes everything about how I felt about them beforehand. Before, the build up in descending gave me a hair lifting experience. A blanket of victory, no matter the cost. I put it on this morning and a wave of sadness just built up until it echoed in a pit of emptiness. I couldn’t even get to invincible. Prob just gonna wait til the 30th now. Might take up woodworking out in the forest or something.

I know I sound like a lil bitch I just built this up too much.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

rshforgothispw wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:53 am 109.

Listening to the new jams after the cancelled concerts changes everything about how I felt about them beforehand. Before, the build up in descending gave me a hair lifting experience. A blanket of victory, no matter the cost. I put it on this morning and a wave of sadness just built up until it echoed in a pit of emptiness. I couldn’t even get to invincible. Prob just gonna wait til the 30th now. Might take up woodworking out in the forest or something.

Not much I know but if I go to see them at donington I'll do a live stream for anyone who's interested. Not done it before and haven't got a clue how but it's the least I can do for those who can't make it.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Rsh, i have no way of seeing Tool live whatsoever. I could travel to Europe but there’s always a work or a family issue that messes up everything. I know you had a bad experience but most of you are lucky because either you can catch Tool in your home cities or take a short or a medium road trip.
I forgot my pen
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I think they'll do a catch up show at some point. I think they did that with a cancelled San Antonio show a few years back. Either MJK was sick or the original show got cancelled for some reason but TOOL came back the next time around and honoured all of the previous ticket holders with a show. AT&T Center if I can remember correctly. Maybe 2014...??

Maybe later in the year they'll figure something out, despite it being a cancelled festival appearance. Not sure how you'd honour ticket holders if TOOL did their own show but I hope they do something for you NC fans here.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

that would be rad. I'd even buy some merch, which I basically never do.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I think it would be difficult. What if everyone who had a ticket to the festival wanted to go to a show with a 15k capacity. Maybe first come first serve? IQ test?
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I forgot my pen
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

mattw wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:22 am I think they'll do a catch up show at some point. I think they did that with a cancelled San Antonio show a few years back. Either MJK was sick or the original show got cancelled for some reason but TOOL came back the next time around and honoured all of the previous ticket holders with a show. AT&T Center if I can remember correctly. Maybe 2014...??

Maybe later in the year they'll figure something out, despite it being a cancelled festival appearance. Not sure how you'd honour ticket holders if TOOL did their own show but I hope they do something for you NC fans here.
I was actually at the Houston show the night before, it was 2006, Tool came back to SA in early 2007 I believe. So that's good evidence to support your theory, though I believe it will be a whole new sales process, especially since Epicenter was a festival and they'll more likely do a stand-alone.

The Houston show was definitely the most disappointing Tool show I ever saw since Maynard was mute half the show. At first, my friends and I thought everyone else was singing too loud and that the crowd offended Maynard or something, which would be preposterous and I still laugh about getting that impression (the people singing next to us were Drunk and Loud, but then again, that's not really a rarity is it?). A few songs later you could tell something was seriously wrong, and he apologized and filled us in that he was sick, thanked us for our patience. We sang Happy Birthday to the Patriot Act, as it was 9/11/06.

And it's funny that you mention this, I just busted out the bootleg of that show out of curiosity on my drive to work this morning. Haven't even gotten to the part where he stops singing, and you can't even tell it's coming really. Regardless of the disappointment, it definitely wasn't a terrible show. Got to hear a lot of 10k Days tracks for the first time, a friend heard Ænema for the first time and it's his favorite and the rest of the band was on point.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Danny wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 pm Check out this nonsense

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.riverf ... AMP%2bHTML
Oh ffs...

"Maynard is the Bernie Sanders of rock: You want to thank him for his past contributions, but send him on his way."

This is just retarded
Last edited by limeygringo on Mon May 13, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

109 indeed.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

@nxrm TAoutsider finally gave me the bandana yesterday :lol:
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

lachrymologist wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:26 pm @norm TAoutsider finally gave me the bandana yesterday :lol:
Right on! I was going to ask about it but didn't want to out him if he kept the second one for himself. :)

Hope you can make some good use of it.
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

Back in 2013 TOOL were meant to play in Adelaide down here on a Tuesday night but the pushed the show back until the Wednesday night because Maynard's voice was struggling. It was only a 24 hour delay though and easy to organise. Not sure how they can accommodate all of the festival attendees who missed out this time though.

I'm sure they'll do something. They still got paid for turning up so they should feel obligated to do something etc. Time is the issue now :(
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

limeygringo wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:09 pm
Danny wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:43 pm Check out this nonsense

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.riverf ... AMP%2bHTML
Oh ffs...

"Maynard is the Bernie Sanders of rock: You want to thank him for his past contributions, but send him on his way."

This is just retarded
Yep gotta agree. Not a particularly big fan of Maynard as a person but he is good at what he does and he doesn't just go out and half ass it he is always giving his best. To expect him to be able to hit notes he hit 15-20 years ago is complete stupidity. Plus I gotta give Maynard credit he sounds better than he did during the 10,000 Days years. The wine was fucking with his voice and he has definitely worked to get it back. While I would personally enjoy an instrumental only Tool album, to say that Tool would be better off without Maynard is foolish. I know it is foolish because I have said the same thing in the past and I was wrong.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Dude I'm an excitable kinda guy and get excited as all hell when I'm seeing my favourite bands live. As far as I'm concerned, youre copping it on the chin well. I'd be gutted mate.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

mattw wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:01 pm Back in 2013 TOOL were meant to play in Adelaide down here on a Tuesday night but the pushed the show back until the Wednesday night because Maynard's voice was struggling. It was only a 24 hour delay though and easy to organise. Not sure how they can accommodate all of the festival attendees who missed out this time though.

I'm sure they'll do something. They still got paid for turning up so they should feel obligated to do something etc. Time is the issue now :(
The funniest part about that was on a now defunct live Australian music forum the first comment under the cancelled show was 'I just dropped acid half an hour ago, wtf do I do now'
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:43 pm
mattw wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:01 pm Back in 2013 TOOL were meant to play in Adelaide down here on a Tuesday night but the pushed the show back until the Wednesday night because Maynard's voice was struggling. It was only a 24 hour delay though and easy to organise. Not sure how they can accommodate all of the festival attendees who missed out this time though.

The funniest part about that was on a now defunct live Australian music forum the first comment under the cancelled show was 'I just dropped acid half an hour ago, wtf do I do now'
🤣🤣
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:00 pm
tys0n wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:43 pm

🤣🤣
I feel the need to let Tyson know that wasn't me. :lol:

Yeah that was a shitful experience, all pumped and then a huge letdown but at least we got to go again the next night.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Liz!!!!!!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

tys0n wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:43 pm The funniest part about that was on a now defunct live Australian music forum the first comment under the cancelled show was 'I just dropped acid half an hour ago, wtf do I do now'
LOL.

Hey Liz!
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Descending lyrics a bit easier to hear on these. Still a few parts no one seems to be entirely sure of yet. Fuck me I love this song.

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Seems like every man and his dog has had a go at remastering these.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:07 am Seems like every man and his dog has had a go at remastering these.
Does it surprise you really? It’s been 13 years my friend. Not to mention we still have three and half months to wait for the album. People are digging the hell out of these tunes and since Tool is so fucking stubborn about the release we literally might have to wait until August 30th to hear the studio versions of Descending and Invincible. Most bands when the album becomes available for preorder digitally they make a song or two available at that time. Don’t see that happening with Tool. Fuck we still don’t know the name of the album which is pretty damn sad.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Hey Lachrymologist, Bill Hilly and Mog. It's nice to see those familiar screen names.

I'm not listening to any new stuff until it is released or I see it live.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."