Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by limeygringo »

I honestly don't care if we don't hear the studio versions of the new songs until the album release. Keep the mystery going, those Birmingham recordings are stellar in their own right. And props to the audience! They almost remind me of that Crimson Three Of A Perfect Pair video filmed in Japan where you don't even know they're there until they play Thela Hun Ginjeet and you see 3 silhouettes dancing their asses off in the front row, relatively speaking. It's a kind of a shame ToolArchive hasn't posted them yet. My theory is Tool knew a good enough bootleg would leak, and do their job for them essentially.

I forget who I've interacted with over the years, but Liz it's awesome to see you again. You and many others were shootin' the shit and playin' stick ball here long before me.

And I remember the name Snazzle Frazz here, but recently learned it was also the name of Daniel Johnston's cat.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Liz and Snaz are goddamn legends. Now we just need Pete, BKGG, and Cheese back and all will be well in the world.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

hellboy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:07 am Seems like every man and his dog has had a go at remastering these.
Seriously. Every day there is some new remaster. All the ones I have listened to sound horrible compared to the unedited concert recording. People seem to love jacking the high and mid-ranges up to make things more immediately audible, but it ruins the overall quality of the signal.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

M0G wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 am Liz and Snaz are goddamn legends. Now we just need Pete, BKGG, and Cheese back and all will be well in the world.
Don't forget The Boss/Crow! Heard cheese is still around just has better stuff to do I guess. I know BKGG is around because she runs TA socialmedia stuff right? Think she got sick of Tysons shit tho. :'(
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

limeygringo wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:07 am And I remember the name Snazzle Frazz here, but recently learned it was also the name of Daniel Johnston's cat.
Seriously? I thought my name was unique. No shit, was high and watching something about Snoop Dogg and registered with that name in the moment.

Now I feel dirty.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

snazzl3frass wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:01 am I know BKGG is around because she runs TA socialmedia stuff right? Think she got sick of Tysons shit tho. :'(
Don't put that evil on me Bobby!
Canned audience laughter
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

Sorry Fred. :(
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

108 looooooooong days to go.

I'm going to have to do something to celebrate the milestones: 89, 55, 34, 21, 13, etc.

:)
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Yo Lizzy! Nice to have you back in the fold.

I was also going to abstain from listening until release, but then... weakness. Good luck to all who are holding out.
Ki77aan :twisted:
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

I get it, cuz Fibonacci n shit. You gonna do something twice the day before the release?
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

snazzl3frass wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:28 am I get it, cuz Fibonacci n shit. You gonna do something twice the day before the release?
Yeah, I'm going to need to figure that one out.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

M0G wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:30 am Liz and Snaz are goddamn legends. Now we just need Pete, BKGG, and Cheese back and all will be well in the world.
Agreed.... They just vanished one day... The Boss could stop by again but its unlikely hes changed much haha
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

That's why I miss him.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:04 pm
Agreed.... They just vanished one day... The Boss could stop by again but its unlikely hes changed much haha
No the Boss got the ban hammer I don't know the entire story but I believe he was saying some things that were way too far over the top. Way out of line stuff and you know Hellboy is incredibly easy to deal so I imagine it was fairly bad.

It is a shame though I really did grow to like the Boss. He struggled with some demons but we all do in some form or another. I hope things have gotten better for him over these years. I imagine he is digging these new tunes.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Kittaan wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:25 am Yo Lizzy! Nice to have you back in the fold.

I was also going to abstain from listening until release, but then... weakness. Good luck to all who are holding out.
Not weakness old man. Wisdom. New Tool I certainly wasn't gonna risk it. Too much uncertainty in life and August 30th is quite a ways away. Us old folk can't take any chances. Now excuse me while I go change my depends and listen to Descending.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

The Boss/Crow
BKGG
I miss both of them.

And I'm glad Liz came back!
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Need some kinda of web based advent calendar for those holding out for the new album, maybe a bunch of random 10 second snippets of the new songs they could listen too with 30 days to go or something.
Canned audience laughter
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

I wonder when we can expect to know more? I liked how they released the release date live to fans! When could we expect album name, tracks, interviews, single, opiate? Should be a fun trickle of info coming in a couple months.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Hellboy told me not til the end of this tour or start of Europe tour
Listen to All Them Witches
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Hey remember the old days when a band announced a release date and the album actually had a name? What an odd concept.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Yeah Tool did never did operate in a normal way though did they. I don't care if they haven't released album name and all that, I just get the shits when they disrespect their fans by not making a formal announcement when their shows are cancelled and don't respond to VIP customers emails, that kinda stuff.
Listen to All Them Witches
snazzl3frass
Has been

Post by snazzl3frass »

M0G wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:59 pm Now excuse me while I go change my depends and listen to Descending.
The more I listen to both tracks the more I dig them. Some knarly grooves in them. I'll even give the singer props, he definitely found a style that suits his voice change. Although I find the Ponce de Leon reference cheesy as fuck.

That's your cue, Cheese!!!
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

The music is obviously real but I think that kittaan might be onto something he said in an earlier post. Just perhaps the lyrics might be fake, just an idea.

#ilikecheesewithmyTOOL
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

If we're going to jump to any conclusions, it might not be a good idea to assume anything is fake this time around.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I'm good either way. These songs are hotter than the bodies that dragon burned the other night.

See what I did there?

Dany didnt do it... It was the dragon.

We need more dragon control!!!!!