Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm »

It was...literally...an apple, but I got what M0G was suggesting. :)

I'm looking forward to hearing how all the songs fit together on this upcoming album: will it be more cohesive like Lateralus or something more along the lines of 10,000 Days.

Exciting times!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Ah Aenima all the controversy when MTV played it and changed the name to Track 1. Seems like a lifetime ago. And remember how big a radio hit Sober was? It still might be the most played Tool song on the radio. Kind of a shame Undertow never got an anniversary release. Such a good album but kind of gets forgotten because of Aenima and Lateralus. 4 Degrees and Flood in particular are amazing songs.
The most intelligent person on this forum
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

nxrm wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 pm It was...literally...an apple, but I got what M0G was suggesting. :)

I'm looking forward to hearing how all the songs fit together on this upcoming album: will it be more cohesive like Lateralus or something more along the lines of 10,000 Days.

Exciting times!
Interesting to think about apparently there are only 7 tracks and they are all long. Not really sure how many segues they are even going to be able to squeeze in. One of the songs is over 15 minutes long I remember Adam and Danny mentioning that a few times. I think even Blair did at one point. With Descending closing in at almost 12 mins and Invincible over 12 and the 15min track..shit that is 39-40 mins right there. Still gotta fit 4 more songs and segues...gotta figure a couple of those songs might be closer to 7 or 8 minutes. The other 4 can't all be over 10 mins just not enough room on a CD.
snazzl3frass
Has been
Height: Tall as fuck

Post by snazzl3frass »

I'm tell y'all, double CD!

#jizztastical
Nice couch. Fuck your couch.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Bill Hilly wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:57 pm Hey NXRM, Specter, Liz - where we at? 98 Days? Hold my beer.
🍻 I’m with you fellers and lady
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

M0G wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:51 pm Ah Aenima all the controversy when MTV played it and changed the name to Track 1. Seems like a lifetime ago. And remember how big a radio hit Sober was? It still might be the most played Tool song on the radio. Kind of a shame Undertow never got an anniversary release. Such a good album but kind of gets forgotten because of Aenima and Lateralus. 4 Degrees and Flood in particular are amazing songs.
Second time I saw them They played both these tunes. Opened with flood, god damn it was amazing
Listen to All Them Witches
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Specter wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 pm
Bill Hilly wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:57 pm Hey NXRM, Specter, Liz - where we at? 98 Days? Hold my beer.
🍻 I’m with you fellers and lady
I was saying to HB that we should have a listing party.

I think I have a bottle of Maynard's red I could crack.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I've got one that over been saving :shock:
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Matt - You figured it out!

I have a signed MJK red as well. I’ll be popping that cork when I get the album for sure. Hope it’s not vinegar.

@ Norm and co - stay strong. Much better you than I. :P
Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I'm pretty confident it's vinegar.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

By now that bottle gonna be piss
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

lachrymologist wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:10 pm By now that bottle gonna be piss
I'm sure we're not the only ones who stored Maynard's produce too long waiting to toast the album with it.😂
brewdog123
RIP

Post by brewdog123 »

Yeah, sorry to say, that wine has gone bad.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Well... I'll just keep it corked and continue to be disappointed with the decisions that I make...
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I'd love to do a listening party - I have a bottle I need to open too a 2010 Mandala. Hopefully it's aged ok - it's not one of the more expensive brews though. I might see if my friend from Sip Wines is keen to do something
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

Hopefully they are planning a quick Aussie tour before the harvest... I will fucking be there!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

No chance of that - if there were a tour happening before August we'd know all about it by now. Best case Nov or December, most likely 2020 to see them again here.
lachrymologist
RIP

Post by lachrymologist »

I'm good visiting you in the winter months... I live in ohio is cold as fuck in december
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

I plan on having a nice cup of Chamomile. Lighting some candles. Getting out the lotion. Wait what are we talking about again?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

snazzl3frass wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:43 pm I'm tell y'all, double CD!

#jizztastical
apparently not but who knows. whats with M and his black smiley joker face this past tour, anyone think that means anything? i havent come across too many speculating about that. idk.

and ya HB. a lot of tours happen in Jan in australia right ? you'll prob get 2020 as usual.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:11 pm I'd love to do a listening party - I have a bottle I need to open too a 2010 Mandala. Hopefully it's aged ok - it's not one of the more expensive brews though. I might see if my friend from Sip Wines is keen to do something

Personally I'd rather listen to the new album and then have sex.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

snazzl3frass wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:43 pm whats with M and his black smiley joker face this past tour, anyone think that means anything? i havent come across too many speculating about that. idk.
I don't know, but it's really distracting to look at. There must be some hidden dad joke in there somewhere.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Calfium Jay wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:25 am
hellboy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:11 pm I'd love to do a listening party - I have a bottle I need to open too a 2010 Mandala. Hopefully it's aged ok - it's not one of the more expensive brews though. I might see if my friend from Sip Wines is keen to do something

Personally I'd rather listen to the new album and then have sex.

:|
It won't be that kind of party.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Bill Hilly wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:33 am
snazzl3frass wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 3:43 pm whats with M and his black smiley joker face this past tour, anyone think that means anything? i havent come across too many speculating about that. idk.
I don't know, but it's really distracting to look at. There must be some hidden dad joke in there somewhere.
It’s because he knows a decoy album is about to be released.
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

O o already went for the decoy once,sort of. not this time! its not that but its something. or hes trying to make us think that and its nothing. through the looking glass! or however that saying goes....

it would be nice if there is more to this release then just 80min of music. i hope its something along those lines.