Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Well for what's its worth... I scoured the comments and likes. Tool official Instagram liked this comment
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Baroness did the same thing as far as announcing their new album, cover art, release date and single so the precedent is there and I'd say is pretty fair to assume is what's happening. Fingers crossed for a single
Listen to All Them Witches
ToolArchive
Bronco's Fan

Post by ToolArchive »

I've been thinking about the letters. I have a different idea of what it might spell out, and so far I haven't seen anyone else mention it. Not finished with research yet.

But if it's the initials of the tracks, the first one (I think it's either a D, B or P) could be a D for Descending. I for Invincible. Skipping next two, the possible C could be for CCTrip.

Then there's those puzzling letters at the end.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

It's also worth nothing given the mirroring going on with the imagery, that we could be seeing the bottoms of the letters rather than the top
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Still curious if “CCTrip” is an actual song title or incorporated under another track as segue/interlude. It reads like a generic placeholder for a setlist.

Also wondering if the hidden letters(?) represent something vertically, not horizontally. The “leak” doesn’t seem to have any bearing, unless the album title isn’t revealed on the sleeve...assuming it refers to the album title at all.

If the sleeve/wrap is black with the brass logo, it seems odd they’d undercut the official announcement by posting the logo graphic. It would essentially reveal the packaging already. Maybe the announcement will feature the LED bonanza inside.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Thought they could also post Salival, but I think Saturday is 10,000 days since Opiate release. Right? Shit is going down Saturday.
lukas
Geacon

Post by lukas »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:19 pm I think it's a little early for albums to start appearing in warehouses just yet,
this
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Takeo wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:24 pm Still curious if “CCTrip” is an actual song title or incorporated under another track as segue/interlude. It reads like a generic placeholder for a setlist.
It is interesting. History would show that Tool prefer to have their segues listed as tracks on the album, but maybe it'll change this time around. I'm actually not convinced CCTrip is a legit track name at this stage, and wouldn't surprise me to see it changed on the album.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

reading thru the comments im seeing people say ''tool'' are liking things they are saying on instagram in regards to the album cover a day thing. they are finally doing a little something, bout time!

sounds like a week of teasing somewhat but keep saying/asking stuff and see what they like. i dont use that stuff just FB and this place now : ]

Saturday could be something but it looks like its through the week. maybe Monday something new will be said or shown ? who knows, same old game really. at least they are being a little interactive now.
Last edited by bob on Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

So my understanding is that we should get a track this week (I assume at the end of the "countdown").
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

awesome :)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Woo hoo!!!!!

Fingers crossed it's invincible or descending. I'd really like to avoid hearing a 3rd song before the album drops
Listen to All Them Witches
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:48 am Woo hoo!!!!!

Fingers crossed it's invincible or descending. I'd really like to avoid hearing a 3rd song before the album drops
Yeah same don't want to have heard most the album before it even drops gotta have some surprises 😂

Fucking good news tho guys!
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Wonder if it will come with a music video..
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:55 am Wonder if it will come with a music video..
HA. HA. HA.

What day of the week did Tool add the Vicarious clip and 10,000 Days art to the intro page in 06? People keep saying saturday but I highly doubt that. I would imagine Friday or Monday for something.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:55 am Wonder if it will come with a music video..
No idea, but assuming it appears on Youtube I'd expect at least some kind of visual accompaniment.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:48 am Fingers crossed it's invincible or descending. I'd really like to avoid hearing a 3rd song before the album drops
Yeah, I reckon it's odds on to be one of those two tracks. Don't think they will reveal any more "new" music at this stage.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

This is fucking exciting shit! Did they release the video to vicarious the same time as the single? Not that I give a shit, a studio verison of Descending or Invincible would be more than enough to keep me going for the last few weeks.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:15 am This is fucking exciting shit! Did they release the video to vicarious the same time as the single? Not that I give a shit, a studio verison of Descending or Invincible would be more than enough to keep me going for the last few weeks.
Nah, Vicarious video came out well after the album
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Ah fair enough, thought I was getting carried away lol But you never know! Will be good to finally hear what the production quality is like. I'm guessing as they've used the same producer/engineer it's going to be similar to 10k days sound.
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

What if it's just their old shit on streaming services and literally no new info.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Hellboy got some inside info.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's not really insider info. It comes second hand, though from a source that I know wouldn't be deliberately misleading. I imagine we'll hear it confirmed by other sources in the coming days.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Thanks for sharing that intel HB. Good times ahead!
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

Tool_User wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:33 am Ah fair enough, thought I was getting carried away lol But you never know! Will be good to finally hear what the production quality is like. I'm guessing as they've used the same producer/engineer it's going to be similar to 10k days sound.
Yep, Joe Baresi is the producer this time around just like 10k Days, i personally prefer David Bottrill who did Aenima and Lateralus, imo the drums and bass sounded better with David.
I forgot my pen