Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
MobileVortex
RIP

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by MobileVortex »

Can we get some info on tour dates? We are less then 90 days from Aftershock.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Can imagine how frustrating it must be at times being in that band with how slow the three of them make music before Maynard comes in. And then the differences in opinions holding things up. He sounded well relieved to be able to finally tell us, I get the feeling he would of told us a while ago if he'd been allowed. Felt a bit sorry for him that he didn't realise it wasn't live then Joe basically ignoring his big announcement. Would be cool to see Maynard inerviewed by someone with more than two brain cells to rub together.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

Although thinking about it Maynard did say 'now go out and take a walk'.l after his announcement. Maybe he's been watching us driving ourselves crazy on here and was literally saying here's your news you got what you wanted now piss off while I talk shit with my mate here.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Tool_User wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 am Can imagine how frustrating it must be at times being in that band with how slow the three of them make music before Maynard comes in. And then the differences in opinions holding things up. He sounded well relieved to be able to finally tell us, I get the feeling he would of told us a while ago if he'd been allowed. Felt a bit sorry for him that he didn't realise it wasn't live then Joe basically ignoring his big announcement. Would be cool to see Maynard inerviewed by someone with more than two brain cells to rub together.
That was a shame but honestly, I much prefer the way it panned out. I was just sitting on my phone and bam a streaming post and bam album title. It was so refreshing to have it just appear. Totally made my day.

I think there are ego clashes but not as strong or as often as people think. I think moreso there’s a lot of nothing in between spats of chatter. if theres nothing going on clearly Maynard will go off and do a bunch of things.

I’m really looking forward to this album. I think it’s going to be a monster of a release. Don’t really care if a single comes or not we are right there!!!
Moridin
Has been

Post by Moridin »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:05 am It sounds to me their meetings are basically business meetings, like Metallica in 'Some kind of monster' if not worse, surrounded by lawyers (Adam's brother is a lawyer).

To be honest Adam sounds like a paranoid cunt.
Nah, I doubt that very much. The SKOM documentary showed a band disintegrating at it's lowest point. Metallica only barely survived that.

If Tool were anywhere near that bad I don't think we'd be getting a new album. On top of that, from watching videos from this tour, they're very clearly enjoying playing together.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I don't understand. What possible reservations could Adam (or Danny/Justin) have? This thing has been in the works for probably over a decade (I am giving them 3 years post 2006 for touring and fallout). Adam talked about how incredibly excited they were to get this thing out... that was last May and here we are at the twilight of Summer 2019.

I am not so sure a record contract is what is in the way of more material being released.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

I think it’s a mixed bag. The lawsuits, the record company, the music not being up to par, the difference in opinions..

I think they also like to play into the drama and mystery of how they are as band mates. Jabs here and there all the time from the main two but both of them are in the social media accounts posting shit. Pretty sure Maynard was the one who took the picture of the other three when mastering was done. I also think the nard came up with the album title. If Adam is as difficult as he’s painted out to be that ain’t happening!

Most importantly the vibe of the music itself tells a pretty clear picture. The final cut from Pink Floyd definitely showed the distance between the band. This new music we have heard this tour is fucking GREAT. I think Descending might be their best song ever. You gotta be in sync to put out something of that quality I feel and it shows.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

I think adam is the control freak and wants to keep up the whole mysterious thing whereas Maynard probably just wants to get on with shit and get it out in the open. The other two strike me as being more passive.

Hopefully we will get a new single Friday but not the end of the world if we don't, only a few weeks left now!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

FWIW

Blair finally updated his little puzzle deal on the SPIRIT BOARD:

t-h-e-y-i-e–l-d-f-r-o-m-f-i-e-l-d-s-a-p-p-e-a-l-e-d-o-n-c-e-u-n-s-e-a-l-e-d-b-y-t-h-e-q-u-i-c-k-h-e-e-l-e-d
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

iirc Danny once told that they nearly split up because of an argument between Adam and Maynard while recording/writing the Pot.
They still play that song in concert. So while I do think they discuss songs and stuff it is not bad I think.
Just four different personalities creating some great music.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:11 am FWIW

Blair finally updated his little puzzle deal on the SPIRIT BOARD:

t-h-e-y-i-e–l-d-f-r-o-m-f-i-e-l-d-s-a-p-p-e-a-l-e-d-o-n-c-e-u-n-s-e-a-l-e-d-b-y-t-h-e-q-u-i-c-k-h-e-e-l-e-d
Someone on reddit thinks this has to do with the tool listening party where it’s first come first serve. I think that’s the best guess so far.
Tool_User
Optomist

Post by Tool_User »

ms2r wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:13 am iirc Danny once told that they nearly split up because of an argument between Adam and Maynard while recording/writing the Pot.
They still play that song in concert. So while I do think they discuss songs and stuff it is not bad I think.
Just four different personalities creating some great music.
Yeah they've made it this far so it can't be that bad.
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

rshforgothispw wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:41 am I think Descending might be their best song ever. You gotta be in sync to put out something of that quality I feel and it shows.
This post got me pretty excited,I’m so happy i just gave the new songs 1 listen, i don’t remember anything about them. August 30 will be the start of one hell of a weekend with 31 being my birthday.
I forgot my pen
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Damn that is some birthday!

Yeah man I am stoked. Can’t wait for the album version of descending. and I’m still waiting for that heavy riff from that guys insta video from last year. I’m guessing that may be the title song.

Tool is my all time favorite band. I know a lot about them but I’ve only been to one show. I tried this year but it got cancelled so I’m waiting for this next tour to drop like a junkie. I’m not a VIP buyer or OGT with the collectors items I just love their music. My favorite to play on guitar by far.

I have grown and changed the most since their last release. I’m very excited to see where they have gone too in that time. Descending is something special, but I’m sure there is something else big coming.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

rshforgothispw wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:16 pm
I have grown and changed the most since their last release. I’m very excited to see where they have gone too in that time. Descending is something special, but I’m sure there is something else big coming.
They definitely would not have debuted the "centerpiece" track from the album yet, so I'm rigid with anticipation of whatever that turns out to be, based off of how fucking incredible Descending and Invincible are.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

joeypants wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:08 pm They definitely would not have debuted the "centerpiece" track from the album yet, so I'm rigid with anticipation of whatever that turns out to be, based off of how fucking incredible Descending and Invincible are.
It's comments like these that get me excited to hear these songs. 31 days.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Hill Billy is so excited he just took his blood pressure again.

God I hope you get trolled and accidentally click on a link and it ends up being Descending or Invincible. Seeing your experience absolutely ruined would bring me so much joy.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I'm honored that I'm living rent-free in your head. Nice sig.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:21 pm I'm honored that I'm living rent-free in your head. Nice sig.
I promised Hellboy I wouldn't torch this thread so we will continue this in Discord. Gives you plenty of time to come up with more Dad jokes and meme references.
The most intelligent person on this forum
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

I tell my kids jokes all the time. What's wrong with Dad jokes?
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Takeo
Has been

Post by Takeo »

Mog still posting as if someone truly gives a shit what he thinks. What a douche.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Bill Hilly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:14 pm
joeypants wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:08 pm They definitely would not have debuted the "centerpiece" track from the album yet, so I'm rigid with anticipation of whatever that turns out to be, based off of how fucking incredible Descending and Invincible are.
It's comments like these that get me excited to hear these songs. 31 days.
I feel very safe saying you will not be disappointed in the slightest.
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

fractal-machine wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:49 pm I tell my kids jokes all the time. What's wrong with Dad jokes?
+1
SteveBobSteve
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Wonder if Adam Justin or Danny will join the circus and talk about the new album. I'm really interested in what Adam will say about the album if anything. I know he likes to leave it up for interpretation. Also can't wait to see what this "lead track" will be!
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Adam posted on Instagram and it looks like he’s on the cover of the new Guitar World.