Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
haloeighteen
Maynard Believer
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:05 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by haloeighteen » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 pm

ajreeb wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:02 pm
tys0n wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:54 pm
lukas wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:37 pm

-VIP sessions: the reason why mjk was absent was NOT because he didn't want to attend, but because he is too busy with all his endeavours (3 bands, wine, restaurants, farm...)
Bullshit
+1
MJK was in the building, not picking grapes in his grape smugglers. He could have said, what’s up.
Wasn't he talking about the Tool Clinics, not just the usual VIP things at normal shows?

User avatar
Spoonman
My pain is just an excuse
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Spoonman » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:07 am

For you drummers, Sonor have posted Danny's new set configuration.
You can view it in 3D.

https://sq2-drumsystem.com/?config=8976bd2v76

I remember Sonor told me that there would be a custom airbrush-finish (which was done in the USA).
For me Airbrush can mean anything, from masterpiece to cheesy crap.

User avatar
lukas
Geacon
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:43 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by lukas » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:26 am

visions interview:
-Justin explains that all 4 of them met for 2 weeks about 2 years ago. this is where they made their final discussions which songs would make it to the album and how all of them would be arranged, more or less. they still had the endings mostly unfinished, it took them another year to complete all songs. this was the said year where MJK really drove everyone nuts and begged them to finally finish those endings.
-the song structure, aka the "verse" riff for 7empest was something justin came up with while going for a walk. some of Adams 7empest riffs are dating back to the time when paul d'amour was still in the band. they originally planned to put 7empst on 10.000 days, but back then the song just wasn't ready and good enough.
-they are usually meeting 4 days a week for 4 hours.
-MJK is pretty much involved in writing and arranging.

Alittlevil
Has been
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:46 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Alittlevil » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:00 am

Looking at Facebook the album seems to interact with blacklights

User avatar
nxrm
Scissorman
Posts: 1384
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:06 am

lukas wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:26 am
visions interview:
-Justin explains that all 4 of them met for 2 weeks about 2 years ago. this is where they made their final discussions which songs would make it to the album and how all of them would be arranged, more or less. they still had the endings mostly unfinished, it took them another year to complete all songs. this was the said year where MJK really drove everyone nuts and begged them to finally finish those endings.
-the song structure, aka the "verse" riff for 7empest was something justin came up with while going for a walk. some of Adams 7empest riffs are dating back to the time when paul d'amour was still in the band. they originally planned to put 7empst on 10.000 days, but back then the song just wasn't ready and good enough.
-they are usually meeting 4 days a week for 4 hours.
-MJK is pretty much involved in writing and arranging.
Right on, thanks for sharing this!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.

User avatar
Shed523
Has been
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Shed523 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:29 am

Just read that the video and audio for the packaging pair with Descending. The video plays twice to equal the length of Descending. I haven’t tried but might be worth a try.
All well Whatever, Nevermind

rshforgothispw
Fornicraster
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:58 pm


User avatar
Shed523
Has been
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Shed523 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:09 pm

Sounds amazing but very far fetched. How could TOOL be more aggressive and “heavy” than their early years? FI is has extreme heaviness too so I doubt this.
All well Whatever, Nevermind

User avatar
ms2r
Shankdagger
Posts: 687
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ms2r » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:17 pm

To easy. And I rather hope they go the more ethereal road then the aggressive road.

But for now... Fear Inoculum is where it's at.

rshforgothispw
Fornicraster
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:27 pm

Yeah if this is false it’s unfair to the release of FI. However, if it is true, giving FI a few years to simmer and then hitting with another masterpiece shiiiiett. Sign me up.

User avatar
ziggy23
Lost Cosmonaut
Posts: 3144
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am
Location: TURN ON, TUNE IN, DROP OUT

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ziggy23 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:34 pm

“Nothing is true, everything is permitted.”

We do not know what exactly happened behind the closed doors during the recording sessions. On the other hand - I'll believe it when I see it. Anything is possible.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.

User avatar
tys0n
Duck Sucker
Posts: 2606
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:56 pm

Complete and utter bullshit
Canned audience laughter

junior
Has been
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:37 pm

rshforgothispw wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:58 pm
I smell bullshit

junior
Has been
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:37 pm

haloeighteen wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 pm
ajreeb wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:02 pm
tys0n wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:54 pm


Bullshit
+1
MJK was in the building, not picking grapes in his grape smugglers. He could have said, what’s up.
Wasn't he talking about the Tool Clinics, not just the usual VIP things at normal shows?
I think he meant the clinics.

User avatar
Boldizar
Green Herbsman
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Boldizar » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:44 pm

@junior, I probably don't, but do you happen to know if these upcoming shows have the standard VIP option or is it just a presale? I appreciate the insight. Sources seem mixed and vague.
Dan Brown's Fear Inoculum: Best novel ever written, inspiring, worth the wait, not enough yelling, every page reads like the DaVinci Code... 3/10

junior
Has been
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:11 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:01 pm

Boldizar wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:44 pm
@junior, I probably don't, but do you happen to know if these upcoming shows have the standard VIP option or is it just a presale? I appreciate the insight. Sources seem mixed and vague.
I don't know, unfortunately. That info is above my pay grade.

User avatar
Boldizar
Green Herbsman
Posts: 448
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Boldizar » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:03 pm

junior wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:01 pm
Boldizar wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:44 pm
@junior, I probably don't, but do you happen to know if these upcoming shows have the standard VIP option or is it just a presale? I appreciate the insight. Sources seem mixed and vague.
I don't know, unfortunately. That info is above my pay grade.
No worries, thanks junior!
Dan Brown's Fear Inoculum: Best novel ever written, inspiring, worth the wait, not enough yelling, every page reads like the DaVinci Code... 3/10

User avatar
Specter
Excrementor
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Specter » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:03 pm

lol
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom

bob
Fornicraster
Posts: 612
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:40 pm

Alittlevil wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:00 am
Looking at Facebook the album seems to interact with blacklights
i sat in the dark watching the video last night. even that makes both images on either side glow in a cool way. doo it!

Alittlevil
Has been
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:46 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Alittlevil » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:01 pm

bob wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:40 pm
Alittlevil wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:00 am
Looking at Facebook the album seems to interact with blacklights
i sat in the dark watching the video last night. even that makes both images on either side glow in a cool way. doo it!
Will do

rshforgothispw
Fornicraster
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:54 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by rshforgothispw » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:06 pm

Live album play and interviews on bbc radio

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/on-air

User avatar
ziggy23
Lost Cosmonaut
Posts: 3144
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 am
Location: TURN ON, TUNE IN, DROP OUT

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by ziggy23 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:23 pm

Radio 1's Rock Show with Daniel P Carter

Tool Special!


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00083gp

mjk + jc
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.

User avatar
Moridin
Has been
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Moridin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:59 pm

rshforgothispw wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:58 pm
Nonsense. Far out of the way of being remotely practical. And pretty shitty to start a rumour after the guys have been talking about how difficult writing this album has been, nearly calling it quits at points.

Though we know about the times they (A, J & D) sent MJK demos to write melodies/lyrics to only to whip the rug out from under him and change stuff or junk it. We know they've kept riffs around since before Justin even joined the band (Tempest). So I'm sure thy have a bunch of other riffs and jams (potentially albums worth) lying around in various stages of development.

But the idea that they finalised and recorded a whole other album and then just sat on it is 100% pure horseshit. That guy wants Tool to be way more mysterious and calculated than they actually are.

User avatar
Kittaan
Creeper
Posts: 4697
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:56 am
Location: , Location, Location!

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Kittaan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:22 pm

+1
Ki77aan :twisted:

User avatar
thekillingjoke
of Arimathea
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 am

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by thekillingjoke » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:32 pm

Spoonman wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:07 am
For you drummers, Sonor have posted Danny's new set configuration.
You can view it in 3D.

https://sq2-drumsystem.com/?config=8976bd2v76

I remember Sonor told me that there would be a custom airbrush-finish (which was done in the USA).
For me Airbrush can mean anything, from masterpiece to cheesy crap.
Do you have a source at hand? I have some doubts about this.

Post Reply