Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:11 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:28 pm
You did start the australian politics thread on here.. Just saying haha. I
I changed my mind. I think that's ok.

Further to this, as we've had this discussion before, I'd be open to it if people could do so sensibly and respectfully. Sadly a small minority ruin it for everyone, so it's easier just to avoid.

You wanna talk politics - go to the right forum.
You wanna talk Tool and other "easier" topics - this is the right place.
Like I say, your forum, your rules.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I keep bringing up Tool in the comments section of The Australian and the mods keep deleting them, pricks.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:17 pm I keep bringing up Tool in the comments section of The Australian and the mods keep deleting them, pricks.
so the Australian politcs thread is gone? damn, i was just about to start posting there. ;)

so whats up?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Got it hellboy. I'm sorry if I was part of that minority that ruined it, (just very frustrated.). I'm done ranting and you guys can see the news on your own. One last thing tho, did you see the Australian woman reporter with her camera person get punched by a cop at DC? Sad. It probably made news on your side of this earth. I don't think this is political comment, just pointing out that an Australian news crew were at the US and bullied. Again, I don't think this is a political comment - just wondering if you Aussies saw this. Stupid.

What are your current favorite tool songs? For now - my 2 favorites are Invincible and 7empest. All their old stuff is and will always be great, I have just heard everything else too may times.

hellboy - sorry I pressed the wrong button and mangled your post
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

i hear ya on hearing the same tool stuff too many times,esp live. Schism and the other ones that never leave the set, booring!

at the moment i've been digging Inivincible which i wasnt listening too for the last while but its prob the best example off the album/my first favourite for sure. Descending was making the rounds more recently,once i read the lyrics i dug it more, esp since this Covid shit started which is weird. Pneuma was my other fav but i need a rest from that one at atm. that youtube video from Vic Firth is a blessing! so awesome!

Lateralus is prob the best tool album if i had to pick just one. Aenima comes close and Undertow gets forgotten about but its awesome too.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 pmAgain, I don't think this is a political comment - just wondering if you Aussies saw this. Stupid.
Was all over the news here. Got far more coverage than a black guy getting murdered by cops...
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 pm What are your current favorite tool songs? For now - my 2 favorites are Invincible and 7empest. All their old stuff is and will always be great, I have just heard everything else too may times.
7empest is probably my favorite at the moment. I haven't really listened to Tool's old stuff much since FI came out, still have that on rotation when I'm in the mood for Tool. Though I think Pneuma is probably the best on the album, 7empest is what I keep listening too
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

bob wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm Schism and the other ones that never leave the set, booring!
Great time for a toilet/drink break without a crowd
Canned audience laughter
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:12 pm
It's basically a chat room, where a bunch of Fourtheye readers talk...

Out of their asses.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 pm
What are your current favorite tool songs? For now - my 2 favorites are Invincible and 7empest. All their old stuff is and will always be great, I have just heard everything else too may times.
Culling Voicess & Fear Inoculum.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Busty McCracken wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:28 pm
hellboy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:34 pm If you want to talk politics, then this forum isn't the right place. I in no way condone the action of the US government and authorities, but also feel that this forum is not the place for political discussion.

Feel free to head over to the Discord though, where we discuss the topic frequently (albeit without Tyson & Junior): https://discord.gg/NkQyNEK
You did start the australian politics thread on here.. Just saying haha. I haven't really been on discord last month or so, can he not have a little rant somewhere in the misc thread or something? Kinda breeds toxic masculinity if the blokes trying to vent and rant and told not up in here is all. Your forum, your rules, i get saying not in the tool thread, just seems odd to completely veto ANYWHERE on this forum though?

Bottles. Play a warwick bubinga corvette pro series. Have a full sv3 pro peavey head and an 8 cab peavey stack from my old playing days. These days when I actually do pick the bloody thing up, I play it through my ampeg 30 watt rumbler practice amp which has a sweet arse tone. For effects, I'm just a multi pedal guy. Boss ME-50, then if i want better fuzz have the Big Muff fuzz.. Yourself?
hellboy wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:34 pm better known as "which dumbass said this":

We have a strong and credible broadband policy because the man who has devised it, the man who will implement it virtually invented the Internet in this country. Thank you so much, Malcolm Turnbull.

Busty, I had to look it up and the Warwick Corvette pro series is beautiful. My friend swears by the big muff, but I have never tried one. I have a small gallien krueger bass (8x10 backline combo amp) which is way too fucking loud to play at home.

I am more of a guitar player, so I have spent more money on guitars than basses. I had to get a nice bass (because having a couple nice quality guitars along with a 300 dollar bass just didn't make sense). I have an Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray HH-4 stealth black with an ebony fretboard. My opinion is ebony fretboards feel like butter compared to the other woods. I have never tried richlite and I would never buy a bass or guitar with this material.

Thanks for sharing Busty!

Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

bob wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm i hear ya on hearing the same tool stuff too many times,esp live. Schism and the other ones that never leave the set, booring!

at the moment i've been digging Inivincible which i wasnt listening too for the last while but its prob the best example off the album/my first favourite for sure. Descending was making the rounds more recently,once i read the lyrics i dug it more, esp since this Covid shit started which is weird. Pneuma was my other fav but i need a rest from that one at atm. that youtube video from Vic Firth is a blessing! so awesome!

Lateralus is prob the best tool album if i had to pick just one. Aenima comes close and Undertow gets forgotten about but its awesome too.
Bob, I don't agree with Lateralus being the bands best album, but I do think the song "Lateralus" has been their best closing song ever. I do not understand why they would not take out Schism (yawn) and leave Lateralus in the setlist.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:02 pm
bob wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm i hear ya on hearing the same tool stuff too many times,esp live. Schism and the other ones that never leave the set, booring!

Bob, I don't agree with Lateralus being the bands best album, but I do think the song "Lateralus" has been their best closing song ever. I do not understand why they would not take out Schism (yawn) and leave Lateralus in the setlist.
all good! With Lateralus they really fit like a nice leather glove,just hit all the right parts in so many ways,imo. No matter what 10k is the worst! i know some like it a lot more then i do but thats a half album,too much filler. Wings/10k has more to it then it seems but at the end of the day its boring. Rosetta and Jambi are all i think is really good. the pots better live so thats a plus and vicarous live i kinda like these days. everythings better live! right in two is like a b side off lateralus. cept that cool part near the end. the rest of that song sucks! ha!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:13 pm
bob wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 pm Schism and the other ones that never leave the set, booring!
Great time for a toilet/drink break without a crowd
ya but i cant do that during any concert. even if im spacing out for some of it like i did back in Nov :S good point though, you want to hear something crazy ? my friend Burton went to get a beer during Rosetta back in 2007. to be fair he saw the first hamilton show with me too and he didnt leave for any song that night. i thought that was pure fucked to do that during that song no matter what! dooh!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

so what do you guys think of tool cancelling the tour dates? i think thats the first cool thing they've done for fans in a long time. based on what they are saying anyway. during these times its not fair to hold money to the ones that have been so good to them all these years. that makes me happy hearing that. they will reschedule and everyones going to go anyway but it means more that they are doing that for the right reasons at this time. well done!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:22 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 pmAgain, I don't think this is a political comment - just wondering if you Aussies saw this. Stupid.
Was all over the news here. Got far more coverage than a black guy getting murdered by cops...
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:53 pm What are your current favorite tool songs? For now - my 2 favorites are Invincible and 7empest. All their old stuff is and will always be great, I have just heard everything else too may times.
7empest is probably my favorite at the moment. I haven't really listened to Tool's old stuff much since FI came out, still have that on rotation when I'm in the mood for Tool. Though I think Pneuma is probably the best on the album, 7empest is what I keep listening too
Pneuma is probably my 3rd favorite right now. But, but... On the release date of this album (August 31st of last year). I waited (my friend had given me a copy of the leaked album a week prior) I did not listen to it and ignored it til the release date. The Night the album came out, I went to my local music shop and picked it up. I did not listen to it until that Friday night (after several beers). I laid in my bed with my headphones and really paid attention. After the first song (FI) then came Pneuma. Again, it was Friday night and I had been drinking. When listening to Pneuma and when Danny and Justin where doing their thing (more than half way thru the song) - Adam came out with his guitar (call it a guitar solo if you will). For some reason - I got really fucking emotional. The only explanation I have is that at this point everything sounded so familiar. It didn't sound like anything old - just so familiar. This song made me so emotional that night and I hate to admit this, but I did cry. (in a happy, positive way). Just thought I would share. I'm a little embarrassed to share and admit this, but this is how my 1st time listening to this song affected me. Pneuma will always be a very special song for me because of this experience.

Go ahead and laugh at me guys, because real men don't cry, right?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

bob wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:21 pm so what do you guys think of tool cancelling the tour dates? i think thats the first cool thing they've done for fans in a long time. based on what they are saying anyway. during these times its not fair to hold money to the ones that have been so good to them all these years. that makes me happy hearing that. they will reschedule and everyones going to go anyway but it means more that they are doing that for the right reasons at this time. well done!
So, I thought It was obvious that the tour had been cancelled. Do you mean cancelled as in they are giving the ticket holder fans their ticket money back???

I was hoping it was just postponed. I scored some excellent seats for the Colorado springs show and I was really hoping to hold on to these tickets until things got rescheduled. Oh well. "It is what it is" as these young ass bitch hipster kids are saying these days.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ya, its actually cancelled now. hopefully they hit my area instead of all those other dates i wasnt able to go to once its back. its far away,im sure everyone will still get a chance. almost half way thru the year. whats next ? haha jesus
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Nick Mason's show got postponed exactly 1 year. Hopefully that will succeed.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Junior, can you share the Las Vegas marquee pic you posted on toolarmy? I already stole and downloaded from that site. I do not want to share it here because it is your picture and it's not mine to share. By the way, I have such a great (not great quality) picture of the Tool show in LA at the Wiltern theater in 2001, but I will need to dig thru my old pc's to find it. It's a great pic showing this marquee - but seeing that it was 2001, it won't be a great pic. I think my friend used a disposable camera. Believe me, I have this pic, I just need to dig.
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

baha. i messed around with disposable cameras back in 98 to 2000 for a few shows. tool once, apc twice,once nin. the first tool show was when ''the fox'' was out front. im sure Junior knows him. i heard stories he broke someones mini disc recorder that got busted for taping. not sure its true but i managed to get my crappy pics no problems back then!
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:41 pm Junior, can you share the Las Vegas marquee pic you posted on toolarmy? I already stole and downloaded from that site. I do not want to share it here because it is your picture and it's not mine to share.
I'd have to convert it. The original photo is in HEIC format, and the site won't let me post it.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

No worries Junior. Thank you for responding.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:58 pm No worries Junior. Thank you for responding.
If you have the one Blair posted on the Tool website, feel free to post it here.
I tried converting the original to jpeg, and the file was too large for this board. That's when I gave up.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

junior wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:29 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:58 pm No worries Junior. Thank you for responding.
If you have the one Blair posted on the Tool website, feel free to post it here.
I tried converting the original to jpeg, and the file was too large for this board. That's when I gave up.
Best bet is to upload to something like Imgur and link to it
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

junior wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:29 pm
Las Vegas show17-1024x768 - Copy cropped.jpg
Las Vegas show17-1024x768 - Copy cropped.jpg (223.12 KiB) Viewed 7918 times