Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
bob
Toast

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:37 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:14 pm (Eulogy) Weird how they played it once a few years back and was never seen again.
That was weird. I was hoping it would stick around.
I guess they played it at the clinics, but I wasn't at those.
Since i cant requote that well,ha! i'll just use this one to say thanks Junior, for soorta answering my question, bahaha, you pretty much did anyway. Your into the new stuff and it got the breaks put on it. i hear ya and sorry for that. Welcome to the winter, best time for a pandemic,dooh!

That one time they played Eulogy was a nice change. Honestly though, it didnt fit the set to well i thought but over time it prob would of sounded better. i'd take a new song to the set over Schism or any other over played one any day though. Who knows what will happen post pandemic. Maybe M will see the light and add a fresher setlist. not counting on it though.

i think i might have seen the last time Loot played 4 degrees. Erie,PA 2002. ya hear that, TYSON! ;)
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:14 pm (Eulogy) Weird how they played it once a few years back and was never seen again.
Since i cant requote that well,ha! i'll just use this one to say thanks Junior, for soorta answering my question, bahaha, you pretty much did anyway. Your into the new stuff and it got the breaks put on it. i hear ya and sorry for that. Welcome to the winter, best time for a pandemic,dooh!

That one time they played Eulogy was a nice change. Honestly though, it didnt fit the set to well i thought but over time it prob would of sounded better. i'd take a new song to the set over Schism or any other over played one any day though. Who knows what will happen post pandemic. Maybe M will see the light and add a fresher setlist. not counting on it though.

i think i might have seen the last time Loot played 4 degrees. Erie,PA 2002. ya hear that, TYSON! ;)
Geez youre mean sometimes Bobsta
Listen to All Them Witches
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 pm
bob wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Geez youre mean sometimes Bobsta
bahaha, i just thought Tyson might want to know. :D
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I wonder what would Steve say if he was still around?
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Probably something about kids on his lawn
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 pm I wonder what would Steve say if he was still around?
wow, thats a bit much dont ya think ? he wouldnt care! i had a dream about him once already. seemed pretty real.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Like the time Dave floated away?
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

no!

not everythings about tool Tyson. baaah

you deleted your other comment to this, the biggest troll ever. put a little treasure troll sticker on your microwave. my friend billy i grew up with that lived across the street had that on his microwave for years and years, back in the day. Steve and i would mention it if we were talking about times over there.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Fucks sake, making jokes about someone's deceased mate should be off limits shouldn't it?
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

dont worry about it Busty, i appreciate that but hes the troll on the microwave! i was busting his chops so he went for the nuts kinda. haha
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:34 pm Fucks sake, making jokes about someone's deceased mate should be off limits shouldn't it?
It wasn't a joke, we all should be better people in memory of Steve, may he rest in peace
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My Dad would be horrified if people were unwilling to make a joke at his expense, dead or alive.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You could learn a lot from your Dad.
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I too would like people to take the piss and make a joke of my death as I often do for my deceased best mate, but you guys couldn't so much as send your condolences to bob when he said Steve had passed a few months back, instead jumping straight to the pisstake.

I get its the internet and ya just fucking around but still....Bit fucked up if ya ask me. but hey different strokes I guess.
rimb
My pain is just an excuse

Post by rimb »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:14 pm Rimb, sounds like Melbourne n Sydney got the same setlist. Have to be my favourite tool show out of 11 that one.
Same, best show of the 8 times I've seen them live. Especially with Osseus Labyrint, the Melvins opening, Dale Crover playing on Triad.

So good.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah man. Those contortionists were a trip during triad hey!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:50 pm Yeah man. Those contortionists were a trip during triad hey!
you are right in many ways Busty! You are the chosen one, haha. Ya, it sux she died too. another one eh? geeze. That was def cool to see in concert. any video that came out from that tour just didnt show how cool that looked in person. They came out for Schism of course and Parabol/Parabola and the intermission when i saw them in Toronto in 01'. Heres a fun fact. When i ordered the VHS tape of there performances, Mark recognized were i was from and told me he has relatives in Fort Erie. When he was a teenager him and his cousin almost went over the falls in a canoe. got a little too close to the rapids i guess. he also said they were just here that past christmas visting too. This was back around 2002 or so i guess. pretty cool!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

20 years ago on this day, the first single from Lateralus, Schism, was released on Adam Jones' birthday, who turns 56 today.
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Time flies. I was in my early twenties when it got released.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

ms2r wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:51 pm Time flies. I was in my early twenties when it got released.
Man feels like 20 years ago!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

so back when Schism was still good to listen to! dooh
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Its world premiere was on Triple J as well, an Australian radio station, yewl!
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

tys0n wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 am Its world premiere was on Triple J as well, an Australian radio station, yewl!
Perhaps, but from memory it leaked on line well before radio played it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

hellboy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:06 am
tys0n wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 am Its world premiere was on Triple J as well, an Australian radio station, yewl!
Perhaps, but from memory it leaked on line well before radio played it.
The internet existed back then?! :shock:
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Sure it did.