Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Busty McCracken »

So not only are you trying to once again create in fighting, but you're stealing my slanderous term jerk! You're skating on thin ice around here as it is Mr Bottles.
Listen to All Them Witches
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

I'll limit my elite list to only 5 or 6 songs I'd find it hard to never hear again:

Third Eye
7empest
Jambi
Stinkfist
Pneuma
46 & 2

I was tempted to include Reflection here but only if we can hear the Disposition/Reflection/Triad piece altogether etc. My list above doesn't include any songs from Lateralus so maybe I should throw in The Grudge or Parabola just for fun.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I know : and all their 'n'ames.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Didn't see that coming. Everyone their own quirks I guess.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:11 pm So not only are you trying to once again create in fighting, but you're stealing my slanderous term jerk! You're skating on thin ice around here as it is Mr Bottles.
Busty, I am not here to cause friction between you and tyson, but I just found out that tyson is just a mole and he hates tooL.. 1 heard he loves Ted Nuget.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:14 am
junior wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:42 pm
ms2r wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:16 pm Remember that cover they did. iirc Fred was a tool fan.
They used to do a partial cover of "Opiate".
They were well aware of my rating of it.
Junior, this is interesting. You are being very vague. I think you spill the beans?
I worked for them from early 1998 - late 2003. One of the reasons they hired me was because Fred liked Tool.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Wait so now you're calling him a slut? Fuck me Bottles youre bloody savage mate!

As for top 5. One from each album for me.

Flood
Pushit
Lateralus
10K days
Invincible

Sorted!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

junior wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:17 pm

Junior, this is interesting. You are being very vague. I think you spill the beans?
I worked for them from early 1998 - late 2003. One of the reasons they hired me is coz I'm a fucking gun at what I do. Also... Fred is a Tool.
Fixed that for ya mate.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Opiate / 4° / 3rd eye /No Quarter / Reflection / Right in Two / Descending
Canned audience laughter
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Tool really need to do a cover of Dopesmoker
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:39 pm
tys0n wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:37 pm
bob wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:59 am

Tyson, whos Bryan ?
Your old neighbour you alzheimers fuck!
Geez im used to Bob never listening to me but now hes doing it to even himself!!! Bob you deserve better than that mate, listen to yourself. It's what Bryan would have wanted.
actually this past week my memories been a tad weird but only with a few small things. i didnt even think of my old neighbour Bryan that moved almost 3 years ago at this point :S Thanks for the reminder, TYSON. im just taking a little vacation i guess or a permanent one ? heavy Aerosmith!

f'd if i know Busty, shit happens as they say! ha

naah, Third Eye is one of my all time favs by Tool. As a song that holds up better then 7empest ever will :0 I have doubts it will ever sound as cohesive as it should live. Third Eye just has it. The lighting rig at the Tool shows is the best thing about them anymore 8-)
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

I worked for them from early 1998 - late 2003. One of the reasons they hired me was because Fred liked Tool.
Ok Junior. this band was trying something different back then (Damn, we are fucking old). I thought it sounded cool, but not for very long. I witnessed (on youtube) Limp Bizqit played Opiate and it was not good at all. I am surpised becasue I think Wes Borlad is a great guitarist. Maybe it was the rest of the band that sounded like shit?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:04 pm

Ok Junior. this band was trying something different back then (Damn, we are fucking old). I thought it sounded cool, but not for very long. I witnessed (on youtube) Limp Bizqit played Opiate and it was not good at all. I am surpised becasue I think Wes Borlad is a great guitarist. Maybe it was the rest of the band that sounded like shit?
Wes was always a bit different than the other 4 guys.
I'd heard that he once told an interviewer that he wouldn't listen to Limp Bizkit if he wasn't in the band.
I had some good times with them. I don't want to make it sound like it was all negative. The "Opiate" cover was just too weird for me.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

junior wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:25 pm

I'd heard that he once told an interviewer that he wouldn't listen to Limp Bizkit if he wasn't in the band.
I had some good times with them. I don't want to make it sound like it was all negative. The "Opiate" cover was just too weird for me.
I've always heard his other stuff he's done outside of LB is pretty well done. I always think back to the breakstuff video and Fred and everyone look like your typical early 2000's nu-metal dudebro's and Wes looks like this:

Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Ok, so I looked up some interviews and it seems that Wes and Fred are pretty down to earth, so I can see that you would have some fun times together. I also had to look up Limp B and Opiate again. it is a 2013 show and the band sounded really good, but I can not lie, Fred still sounded like crap. He is obviously not a real singer.

Junior, I do hope that you guys get going late this year (maybe wishful thinking). Any optimistic talk from you and your crew?
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

I reckon they should all just relocate to aus , quarantine and then just keep touring around the island in circles. Im sure their families wouldn't mind.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:44 pm

Ok, so I looked up some interviews and it seems that Wes and Fred are pretty down to earth, so I can see that you would have some fun times together. I also had to look up Limp B and Opiate again. it is a 2013 show and the band sounded really good, but I can not lie, Fred still sounded like crap. He is obviously not a real singer.

Junior, I do hope that you guys get going late this year (maybe wishful thinking). Any optimistic talk from you and your crew?
They were still playing "Opiate" in 2013? I haven't worked for them since 2003, so I'm not up on what they are like now. When I was with SOAD, Bizkit were on an Australian festival tour with us (Soundwave 2012). I think that's the only time I've seen them since 2003. The sound guy they had back in 2003 was also on that tour with another band (Alter Bridge) and he and I went out front to watch Bizkit the first day of the tour. We looked at each other on the way to FOH and realized how weird it was to be making that trip together again, but not in a working capacity.

I haven't heard any plans for this year, but the crew often don't hear about plans right away. I think everyone is still watching the situation to see how it's going. I wouldn't doubt that management and the booking agent are at least putting together hypotheticals. They are constantly doing that, anyway.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:56 am I reckon they should all just relocate to aus , quarantine and then just keep touring around the island in circles. Im sure their families wouldn't mind.
I'd be up for that. My lighting crew chief lives in Brisbane. He's probably eager to get out of Aussie for a while, but would gladly do any shows, I'm sure.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

junior wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:02 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:56 am I reckon they should all just relocate to aus , quarantine and then just keep touring around the island in circles. Im sure their families wouldn't mind.
I'd be up for that. My lighting crew chief lives in Brisbane. He's probably eager to get out of Aussie for a while, but would gladly do any shows, I'm sure.
Nice!!

Might not be that much of a pipedream after all. Just read this link below. We should become the touring/ sporting mecha of the world right now. Turn this shitfight into a positive.

https://themusic.com.au/news/andrew-mcm ... /02-04-21/
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm
junior wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:02 am
Nice!!

Might not be that much of a pipedream after all. Just read this link below. We should become the touring/ sporting mecha of the world right now. Turn this shitfight into a positive.

Damn! I just checked the Covid numbers in Australia and you guys are doing something right! Still not looking great in the US, but at least vaccines have been rolling out the last couple of weeks.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:11 pm Might not be that much of a pipedream after all. Just read this link below. We should become the touring/ sporting mecha of the world right now. Turn this shitfight into a positive.

I'm not sure my wallet will cope with 2022, or whenever touring becomes a thing again, as I suspect there might be a flood of shows

Tool will be back in Oz again, I have no doubt. Danny did mention to me that a followup tour was very much on the cards, but it's anyone's guess as to how the timetable looks now
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah pre covid , i always expected a return trip given they've done that every album since aenima. Like ya say post covid is anyones guess
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

I just hope FNM still pulls thru
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

They can move here too!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:19 am

I've always heard his other stuff he's done outside of LB is pretty well done. I always think back to the breakstuff video and Fred and everyone look like your typical early 2000's nu-metal dudebro's and Wes looks like this:

I mentioned earlier that Wes Borland has great music. I guess his solo stuff is under "Black light burns" and the album that I'm talking about is "Cruel Melody". It is a very well put together album. I have not listened to any other of his stuff. But this a great listen.