Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

So Tool wouldn't have been touring anyway due to Danny or did he use the downtime to get the surgery done?

So many questions.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

do you want to buy an Australian poster off me? 10,000 only! it might have the answers your after, under black lighting only! batteries not included :?
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

I always admire DC's fashion sense. It's all basketball shorts and college hoodies. I wonder how many jersey's DC owns.
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:05 am I always admire DC's fashion sense. It's all basketball shorts and college hoodies. I wonder how many jersey's DC owns.
In fact he always wears normal trousers. Remember, he is at least 4m tall. :D
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Between MJ getting covid and DC with this, its probably fair to say that Tool are all done and its time we latch onto another band. Any suggestions?
Listen to All Them Witches
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:09 pm Between MJ getting covid and DC with this, its probably fair to say that Tool are all done and its time we latch onto another band. Any suggestions?
Hey McCrackers!? I just joined the Twisted Sister Army. My user name is Busty on there, so if you join - you'll need to use a different user name.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

Bobby with the absolute bastard move lol
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

He got jokes.
Ki77aan :twisted:
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:09 pm Between MJ getting covid and DC with this, its probably fair to say that Tool are all done and its time we latch onto another band. Any suggestions?
you for real or for fake ? Maynard said his voice is fine but we know it wasnt fine ? before he got covid anyway :S

i was looking up the pectoral thing when i heard the news just to see. recovery can be quite good if you do the right things which it seems he is. hes got all he needs obviously for the best care and all that. im a little wondering if it might still effect something but i guess will see.

https://aminoco.com/blogs/recovery/torn ... overy-time
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

That clown guy from Slipknot could be a replacement.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

tys0n wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:54 pm That clown guy from Slipknot could be a replacement.
which one ? BOZO! baaah, Joey Jordinson was impressive the time i saw them. Although half way thru the show Steve and I kinda had enough. we only went cause a friend of ours had two extra tickets day of the show. so we just went anyway. still was cool going out of nowhere like that but whatever on them mostly. that drummer isnt in the band anymore right ? i saw him play with Ministry in 06' that show was so loud, holy fuck and i forgot my ear plugs in the car. paid the price in my right ear for a few days. f that. never again.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Haha these last few posts are fucking rock solid nuggets of gold!

Bottles, well played mate, I liked that one.

Bob. Im sure they'll both be fine.

Tyson..... :lol: :lol:

Random thought popped in my head earlier. Some 18 months after album release date, pretty cool to know there's only a select few that have been lucky enough to of heard all of fear inoculum album live (apart from the one filler song of course)
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:26 pm Haha these last few posts are fucking rock solid nuggets of gold!

Random thought popped in my head earlier. Some 18 months after album release date, pretty cool to know there's only a select few that have been lucky enough to of heard all of fear inoculum album live (apart from the one filler song of course)
Everything they over play is filler to me. Well, i hope things work out, but if you read that link, 6 to 8 months to recover from and another year for all your strength to return. Sounds kinda heavy duty over this one sorta. Maybe they will need to turn the volume up a little for Danny now. who knows.
Last edited by bob on Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:26 pm Random thought popped in my head earlier. Some 18 months after album release date, pretty cool to know there's only a select few that have been lucky enough to of heard all of fear inoculum album live (apart from the one filler song of course)
I think about that every day :lol:
Canned audience laughter
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

@bob , no use worrying about what will happen. What will be will be. enjoy the fact that for now they're a functioning band and stop pissing and moaning about their sets and just appreciate that they still exist.

@tyson. Imagine not having heard 7empest live hey?! Haha ..
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Besides DC being in rehab and Tool being Tool, you guys dont really believe we'll have any shows this year or next year or maybe even 2023?

I do not.
Last edited by Spoonman on Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Once the vaccines have been rolled out I don't see why 2022 isn't a possibility.

I'm getting vaccinated next week!

Edit: 2022 is next year you mong.
Canned audience laughter
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman

Spoonman wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:59 am Besides DC being in rehab and Tool being Tool, you guys dont really believe we'll have any shows this year or next year or maybe even 2022?

I do not.
maybe not tours, but with sporting events returning to full capacity in the fall in the US, i'd bet touring isn't far behind
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

tys0n wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:05 am Once the vaccines have been rolled out I don't see why 2022 isn't a possibility.

I'm getting vaccinated next week!

Edit: 2022 is next year you mong.
Relax...that was a typing error :lol:
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Anyone gonna record this please?

DC + Justin + some other cool guys in another Berklee Webinar.

https://dannycarey.com/webinar-thursday-march-18th/
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:52 pm Maybe they will need to turn the volume up a little for Danny now. who knows.
I don't know if that's possible. Have you had a look at his drum monitors? He's already got a personal PA that would be suitable for a club or small theatre.
When Showco (from Dallas) was the sound company, they used to call his monitors the "Texas Headphones".
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: Was able to watch the webinar. Great talk of all the guys involved and some nice words to hear in our current situation.
For those of you waiting for any Tool news: nope
Sprout
Fanboi

Post by Sprout »

junior wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:58 am
bob wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:52 pm Maybe they will need to turn the volume up a little for Danny now. who knows.
I don't know if that's possible. Have you had a look at his drum monitors? He's already got a personal PA that would be suitable for a club or small theatre.
When Showco (from Dallas) was the sound company, they used to call his monitors the "Texas Headphones".
I wondered about that, my 70yo uncle is almost deaf from playing drums/shows his whole life before ear protection was a thing. Danny must be a bit that way?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Busty McCracken wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:26 pm Haha these last few posts are fucking rock solid nuggets of gold!

Yeah Busty, (I'm assuming you were one of the few lucky ones to hear these songs live) didn't they play both 7empest and Descending at all the Australia shows? I saw them 3 times during the FI tour (before they headed to Australia.) hoping to hear these songs, but it didn't happen. I was ready to fork out money to travel just to see these 2 extra songs, but (unfortunately) everything shut down.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Sprout wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:55 pm
junior wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:58 am
I wondered about that, my 70yo uncle is almost deaf from playing drums/shows his whole life before ear protection was a thing. Danny must be a bit that way?
I think it's taken at least somewhat of a toll. I'm not an ENT, though.