Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
Spoonman
Geacon

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by Spoonman »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:48 am TOOL NEWSLETTER MARCH 2011, E.V.

Which brings us to the “holy grail” that I mentioned earlier. No, it’s not a cheap guitar signed hastily backstage by all four band members as part of some radio promo. It also doesn’t concern bizarre video props or some Xeroxed set-list that includes “The Grudge”, and which is also signed by Maynard (most likely fabricated). It’s not even the lyrics to a popular Tool song hand written on a Ralph’s grocery bag. No, this is something REALLY special. Are you ready? Suppose I was to tell you that there is a Tool song – recorded in a studio – that hasn’t been heard except for by a handful of people, and that virtually no one outside of the band (and a few others) is aware of its very existence? Keep in mind, this is not a cover (not the rumored “Crazy Train”), nor is it a glorified segue that never made it onto a record. This is an original full-blown Tool song complete with vocals and lyrics. The title of this tune is “Problem 8 (The Riemann Hypothesis)”, and it was recorded many years ago – so long ago, in fact, that I don’t remember who played bass, although I want to say it was Justin. The length is somewhere in the six-minute range (if my memory serves me correctly), but whatever it is, the exact time had something to do with the unsolved and mysterious nature of the title. Now, not only was the song professionally recorded; it was actually ‘issued’ in a manufactured medium (though I’m not going to say whether this was vinyl, a CD, or cassette tape). Because of the ingenious way it was made available to the public, “Problem 8” , in my opinion, constitutes the ultimate hidden track. Only, don’t go looking for it among your collection (most of you, that is!), as there are no more than 30 copies on the planet. As for those who have one, most, I’m sure, aren’t aware of it, even though it might be staring them right in the eye on a near daily basis. The reason they aren’t aware of it, is because they’d never think to play it. Okay, enough said…
Talking and talking and talking about ONE old track. Wow, this band is soo mysterious and interesting.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:38 am Ooooooh pretty

https://tool.army/
This is so fucking cool! How and where did you find this??? I went to the toolarmy site and I can not find it. It's Okay - thanks for the link!
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:29 pm

This is so fucking cool! How and where did you find this??? I went to the toolarmy site and I can not find it. It's Okay - thanks for the link!
it was shared on the Tool Army Members Facebook page. It's an unofficial group, but I think a former mod from here helps run that Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/TooLarmymembers
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:39 am

it was shared on the Tool Army Members Facebook page. It's an unofficial group, but I think a former mod from here helps run that Facebook group.

so this ''toolarmy'' page isn't official ? i thought they were redoing it but i shouldnt be surprised if isn't the case. fan made is still cool but i was under the impression it was the heavy loot. heeavy!
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

bob wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:14 pm

so this ''toolarmy'' page isn't official ? i thought they were redoing it but i shouldnt be surprised if isn't the case. fan made is still cool but i was under the impression it was the heavy loot. heeavy!
like blankets that are more than 2 layers of cloth, and mjk waifu pillows instead of throw pillows
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Again, thanks for sharing this brother. This is very cool!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:49 pm
Whowatchesthewampas wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:39 am but I think a former mod from here helps run that Facebook group.

Wasn't her name badkittygothgirl or something?
:D :D :D I remember that name! She thinks she is some kind of ambassador of tool. I'll talk shit because when the toolarmy websitse was going strong, she would ignore people that were not part of her circle. (including me) She was high and mighty thinking she was the only true tool fan. Nice to see that I don't see her name around here.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

You can tell she runs that facebook site because of the creepy family shots of the members of Tool.
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Let's leave thinly veiled personal insults out of this
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Problem 8? Pathetic.

Bethlehem Abortion Clinic - that's what I want, a solo album by Danny Carey, playing on the spoons in 32/8.

Gay Rodeo - a solo album by MJK is also on my wish list. Can't wait!
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Badgothkitty & Liz were best mates weren't they?

Ai hboy how is liz travelling that old minx? Can you please tell her if she remembers what this site is , she should pop in and show her delightful face for a g'day?
Listen to All Them Witches
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Busty McCracken wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:31 am Badgothkitty & Liz were best mates weren't they?

Ai hboy how is liz travelling that old minx? Can you please tell her if she remembers what this site is , she should pop in and show her delightful face for a g'day?
It’s BadKittyGothGirl, and she’s still ostensibly a mod here. I wish she would come hang out again, but Tyson and Crow were just too tedious I reckon… among other reasons. As I recall, she and Liz never got on, but I may be wrong.

I miss Liz! She and the bloke were about to head over here to SF right before the pandemic hit. It’s a shame. We were slated for a Tool show on my birthday, or nearly.
Ki77aan :twisted:
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Two women not getting on?

Well I never!
Canned audience laughter
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:45 pm Let's leave thinly veiled personal insults out of this
Got it Hellboy. My bad. Don't mean to offend anyone here.

Let's back on track with Tool. I have a bone to pick with Bob.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Bob, I love 3rd eye, but I also love 7empest. Why do you not think 7empest is just as good or better?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

.. when the toolarmy websitse was going strong, she would ignore people that were not part of her circle. (including me)
Hmmm. Lemme see...now where does that remind me of??

:x
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Church?
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Interwebs DramaZZZZ
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:27 pm Bob, I love 3rd eye, but I also love 7empest. Why do you not think 7empest is just as good or better?
Didnt we last talk about this like 2 or so months ago ? haha. heavy delayed reaction! I donno, i just like Third Eye better and think its a better written song. More lyrics, better lyrics. just a great tune thats always been one of my fav by Tool. Tempest is good but its the 2nd last song i listen to the most on Queer Inoculum, the last one being Culling Voices. I really like Descending a lot these days. My first fav was Invincible then Pnuema at the same time sorta but a little after Invincible.

is Tempest your fav song by tool of all time or just on the new album ? People seem to forget about ''Undertow''. Crawl Away is a song i wish they'd play again. Even back in the day they didnt do that one too often. 4 degrees is another classic off that album.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Bob, you are right about discussing this a couple of months ago. But we didn't get this deep into it. Maynard has been pretty subtle about his politics before, but on (7empest) it's pretty clear. Politics aside, I love 3rd eye, 7empest, Lateralus & Rosetta stoned as the elite songs. I agree also agree with xz1mM3r. A drum solo on this album? It should have been another Tool song. DC Is the most amazing drummer.I f I want to show a non tool fan his drumming, it will will be Vic Firth live video of Pneuma. I am still really baffled about a drum solo on this new album. All us Tool fans know how good he is, so a drum solo for a tool track? One more new song would be the shite instead of a drum solo.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

7empest is pretty apolitical, you're just ascribing it a meaning.

Hell in 4 years you could be ascribing it to Biden, a tempest will be just that.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

songs will always mean diff things to diff people for sure. I cant say i see politics in 7empest but i dont listen to music to think about politics. shit, i try to not think about politics when they are talking out there asses which is most the time, ha!

oh, but, ''the contrarian'' i had a hard time not thinking about Trump but didnt overly get into that either if that makes sense.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

I may be way off. It might not mean anything political at all. I guess that's the fun of all of MayJays lyrics. He probably laughs at all the posts of people trying to decipher his lyrics.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

I saw the gap again today is the greatest day I’ve ever known
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Specter wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:32 pm I saw the gap again today is the greatest day I’ve ever known
I wish I could know what he means, but all I can say is GO PHOENIX SUNS!!!!!!