Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
tys0n
Streeper

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by tys0n »

Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:48 pm Playing tools music on an instrument by yourself is infinitely easier than jamming along with others.
I feel this reflects on other aspects of your life ;)
Canned audience laughter
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:08 am Seeing them collectively (ok it was all Adam) fuck up the world premiere of 7empest will always be one of my greatest memories of seeing Tool live.
i am pretty jelly you got to see that
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

To be honest, Maynard also missed the lyrics at the 10:30 mark in the song so the other 3 guys were essentially playing for like 6+ minutes without him singing. It felt kinda flat that night, even though it was the live debut, to NOT have Maynard cut back in with the "Disputing intentions invites devastation; a tempest must be true to its nature" parts because that leads to him singing 8 copies of the line "A tempest must be just that."

Adam, Justin and Danny were just kinda lost and had to do their best.

The funniest part was right at the end when Maynard grabbed the mic, almost totally embarrassed, and said to the crowd "So... Let's try that again!" 😬

In the band's defence though, it was absolutely pouring rain during a massive thunderstorm after the concert so that was kinda cool. 🤷‍♂️
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

tys0n wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:09 am
Busty McCracken wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:48 pm Playing tools music on an instrument by yourself is infinitely easier than jamming along with others.
I feel this reflects on other aspects of your life ;)
I'd have been thoroughly disappointed if no one said this. And oh man is it true.

Re 7empest, was funny seeing their next effort playing it in Melbourne a few nights later, they had a decent pause to allow him to come in on time, was obvious they had put some effort into it to avoid fuckin it again
Listen to All Them Witches
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

Well after seeing Tyson and Mattw's comments on 7EMPEST, I wonder if they are going to attempt it again. I hope so. I would rather see them playing this song with a bunch of mistakes than not seeing it at all. My new prediction... They will play it at one of these next 2 California shows and will continue playing. Don't get me wrong - I love the complete set changes, I am just really dying to see this song. I'm seeing them right after these 2 last California shows, so I still have my fingers crossed. No matter what, I am still very excited for my next 2 shows (Phx & Vegas) whether they play it or not. Junior, will they be playing it? Just kidding, I know you can't release this information.
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Apparently it was heard during soundcheck for tonights show... bring it.

I personally like the pause before the outro when they perform it live, try to replicate it when I listen to the album version.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

Merkaba wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:42 pm Apparently it was heard during soundcheck for tonights show... bring it.

I personally like the pause before the outro when they perform it live, try to replicate it when I listen to the album version.
yeah I dug it when I heard it. Same goes for Lateralus in the climax part of that song. They all seemed really into 7empest so she'll come out soon enough for sure, wonder what goes out when they do.. The rotated spot so far (patient, culling) or , do they replace say descending for it.
Listen to All Them Witches
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Descending for sure.
Canned audience laughter
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Merkaba wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:42 pm Apparently it was heard during soundcheck for tonights show... bring it.

FUCK YEAH!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:02 pm Descending for sure.
I don't think they will leave Descending out. This is still the Fear Inoculum tour.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

They're playing in New Orleans on the night of the Chewbacchus parade - https://chewbacchus.org/
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Agree - most likely switch Descending with 7empest.

Some funny fuckers out there tonight...
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 4.25.28 pm.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 4.25.28 pm.png (159.53 KiB) Viewed 13445 times
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:33 pm Well after seeing Tyson and Mattw's comments on 7EMPEST, I wonder if they are going to attempt it again. I hope so. I would rather see them playing this song with a bunch of mistakes than not seeing it at all.
Sydney's 7empest may have had a few mistakes, but the subsequent attempts were all fine (I saw it 2 nights later in Brisbane). I'm sure 7empest will be back in the set, but it will be when the band are feeling they have it down well enough
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

hellboy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:11 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:33 pm Well after seeing Tyson and Mattw's comments on 7EMPEST, I wonder if they are going to attempt it again. I hope so. I would rather see them playing this song with a bunch of mistakes than not seeing it at all.
Sydney's 7empest may have had a few mistakes, but the subsequent attempts were all fine (I saw it 2 nights later in Brisbane). I'm sure 7empest will be back in the set, but it will be when the band are feeling they have it down well enough
Glad to hear your thoughts. Fingers crossed that it will be very soon!
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:33 pm Well after seeing Tyson and Mattw's comments on 7EMPEST, I wonder if they are going to attempt it again. I hope so. I would rather see them playing this song with a bunch of mistakes than not seeing it at all. My new prediction... They will play it at one of these next 2 California shows and will continue playing. Don't get me wrong - I love the complete set changes, I am just really dying to see this song. I'm seeing them right after these 2 last California shows, so I still have my fingers crossed. No matter what, I am still very excited for my next 2 shows (Phx & Vegas) whether they play it or not. Junior, will they be playing it? Just kidding, I know you can't release this information.
Your shows are coming up. Very exciting. Looking forward to hearing about 'em. \m/
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

nxrm wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:13 pm
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:33 pm Well after seeing Tyson and Mattw's comments on 7EMPEST, I wonder if they are going to attempt it again. I hope so. I would rather see them playing this song with a bunch of mistakes than not seeing it at all. My new prediction... They will play it at one of these next 2 California shows and will continue playing. Don't get me wrong - I love the complete set changes, I am just really dying to see this song. I'm seeing them right after these 2 last California shows, so I still have my fingers crossed. No matter what, I am still very excited for my next 2 shows (Phx & Vegas) whether they play it or not. Junior, will they be playing it? Just kidding, I know you can't release this information.
Your shows are coming up. Very exciting. Looking forward to hearing about 'em. \m/
Yeah, Thanks! It will be a bit of traveling over the weekend since I don't live in Phx or Vegas. Very excited, just need to get some rest tonight.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

inequitude wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:53 pm They're playing in New Orleans on the night of the Chewbacchus parade - https://chewbacchus.org/
wonder who is filling in for adam? you know he's going to be at that parade!
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

I've gotta say it's pretty refreshing to come back here and see people talking 7empest, compared to Reddit where more people want to hear Sober. Really hoping they play it more than 7 times this tour.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Why would people like to hear sober?
They played it a gazillion times and it ain't even their best from Undertow.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Don't try to understand reddit.
Canned audience laughter
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Thats really cool Junior!! Badass that someone collected the confetti and assembled that. I saw it on The Tool Collective on Facebook too. Cool idea
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Anyone have a clue if there is a full video of the show at the 4:20 mark in this clip???

nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

^No clue on that one, but the video quality does looks really good. A lot of other great moments in there too.

I really liked the stage set up with the white floor and the four screens behind each of the guys. If I remember correctly that was during the 10,000 Days tour. Good times.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

What's up everyone! Just checking in. Hope everyone is good.

I'm looking forward to seeing the boys this week in Denver.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy