Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by The Boss »

$500 per piece, limited to 200. Signed and whatnot.

Calling it.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Mog of the Architect wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
This fucker will do literally anything to not work on the new album.

Had the same thought right before I read yours. He's a Pro(crastinator).
Thank you fellas got a good laugh out of that this morning. Crazy part is I have no doubt he will sell the shit out of them if he does. Makes you wonder if they are going to do some kind of "21st" anniversary Sober re-release at a buck fity a pop with a limited run skull head included batch for 200 hundred bones. You know those Toolios will drop at least 50 on that head.
Jeebus, that would be a new low. $150 for a SINGLE?
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan wrote:
Kittaan wrote:
This fucker will do literally anything to not work on the new album.

Had the same thought right before I read yours. He's a Pro(crastinator).
Thank you fellas got a good laugh out of that this morning. Crazy part is I have no doubt he will sell the shit out of them if he does. Makes you wonder if they are going to do some kind of "21st" anniversary Sober re-release at a buck fity a pop with a limited run skull head included batch for 200 hundred bones. You know those Toolios will drop at least 50 on that head.
Jeebus, that would be a new low. $150 for a SINGLE?
Fuck me. Undertow obviously :p
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Heh! ;)
Ki77aan :twisted:
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

well guess I got my wallet ready? Was a fish to bite the opiate album, guess this is next? Any how I am secretly waiting a mini U.S. tour before the next album to hopefully hear songs rarely played these days (Eulogy, Jimmy, H, D/R/T, The Grudge, ect.) wish in one hand shit in the other I guess.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

They will re-release each album with physical items as they can't be downloaded. They thought their back catalogue would keep on selling way into their retirement but didn't foresee downloading, pretty poor form for so called futurists.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

A replica 'sober' head would be a better bonus than a (are you fucking kidding me!) 4g memory card with new opiate art work on it and nothing else? really hope they do expand their minds and offer (of course before hand to the "fans" who keep up) that they can upload something to it at the one of the merch tables at a show (maybe the pot video before it comes out!?). Needless to say, if its another signed album $$$$ I do agree with with most, work on a new album not another cash grab opportunity. but of course there's Hypostomus plecostomus like me that will feed. BTW any reno 2012 posters anyone wants to trade/sell?
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

People spend way too much time giving a shit what adults choose to spend their money on.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

adults/idiots either/ither
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

I'm spending my money on cable to watch the last season of Breaking BAD! I'm sure there are many others if not the host of this site! Bwaha (love ya HB you do have an awesome site even through the changes) but hey whats that annoying saying going on? YOLO? With most everyone else I support this band and their members ( And I don't mean Maynards' dick [entirely, haha] ). people make money and we spend it, how we choose to I agree that it doesn't matter.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Pretty sure all us Aussies will be illegally downloading/streaming the last season of Breaking bad
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

YEAH BITCH!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I ain't paying for shit
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:People spend way too much time giving a shit what adults choose to spend their money on.
Context man. This is a forum, a TOOL forum as you so often like to remind me. Commenting on how people spend their money as it relates to Tool in a Tool Thread is kind of par for the course. I took a bunch of shots at people for buying the Opiate anniversary release because I think it was significantly over priced, particularly for an EP with no real value add. Now if they do an Undertow anniversary release I might bite. That is a pretty special album. I just hope a fucking Sober doll head isn't part of that package. That would be tacky as fuck, even for Tool.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:People spend way too much time giving a shit what adults choose to spend their money on.
Cool - don't ever ask us for money for your site, then.
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

^BOOM
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:
What's that got to do with the argument?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Context man. This is a forum, a TOOL forum as you so often like to remind me. Commenting on how people spend their money as it relates to Tool in a Tool Thread is kind of par for the course. I took a bunch of shots at people for buying the Opiate anniversary release because I think it was significantly over priced, particularly for an EP with no real value add. Now if they do an Undertow anniversary release I might bite. That is a pretty special album. I just hope a fucking Sober doll head isn't part of that package. That would be tacky as fuck, even for Tool.
Comments that Tool stuff is overpriced is fair and completely valid comments.

Commenting that people are idiots for buying doesn't really add anything to the conversation, and is kinda pointless. As you point out, we are in a Tool forum and it should surprise no one that a Tool fan spends money on Tool.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I agree with hellboy. On the old forum I totally complained about the price of the Opiate re-release but I don't ever give a shit what people spend there money on. You guys that care have some problems. I guess its ok to have an opinion but to really get butt hurt about somebody spending there own money is silly. I am not trying call anybody out or shit on anybody.

I would most likely buy a Undertow re-release only if the price was right and it was re-mastered. I really hope they do a live DVD or Salival part 2 thing with just awesome live music. I have over 15 bootleg DVD's and over 30 live bootleg shows on my external hard drive but they never seem to give me what salival does with the sound quality. Sure I have the Kalamazoo recording and a couple of the IEM shows but they still don't give me that sound that I want from a live CD. It would be a perfect christmas gift to us fans to bring out something like that before the new album comes out in 2014.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:
What's that got to do with the argument?
Yeah, I was drunk when I wrote that. And I didn't think it was particularly clever even then.

My apologies.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:
My apologies.
No apology needed. Drunken posting is what makes good forums great!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
Comments that Tool stuff is overpriced is fair and completely valid comments.

Commenting that people are idiots for buying doesn't really add anything to the conversation, and is kinda pointless. As you point out, we are in a Tool forum and it should surprise no one that a Tool fan spends money on Tool.
I find music memorabilia to be a weird beast. On one hand, you have an era that has created a whole system and market of artifacts and hardcore buyers and sellers (the 60s and 70s). On the other hand, you have wankjob bands like TOOL thinking that they have the right to charge ridiculous amounts of money for an EP that you already own - just because it's signed.

I have a problem with bands cashing-in on shit before their time is done. Everything TOOL has done since their last album has just struck me as exploitative cashgrabs.

I have no problem with people telling me that I'm way off on this one - but you have to admit, there is an element of truth in what I'm saying.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:
My apologies.
No apology needed. Drunken posting is what makes good forums great!
I disagree, but I appreciate the sentiment.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Get a breath tester for your laptop!
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »