Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
MOG
Scissorman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:
trilobite wrote:I'm just mad Joey beat Thomas.
Not sure that we've seen Mog since. I suspect he's topped himself by now.
Didn't surprise me. Slipknot fucking sucks but have a larger following than Meshuggah. Anyone that knows anything about drumming knows that Tomas Haake is significantly better than Joey whateverthefuckhisnameis. In fact Tomas Haake is the best drummer in metal by quite a large margin. These kinds of bullshit lists are popularity contests, nothing more. How else could Adam fucking Jones make it to the final in a best guitarist contest? Fucking idiots.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

MOG wrote:
hellboy wrote:
trilobite wrote:I'm just mad Joey beat Thomas.
Not sure that we've seen Mog since. I suspect he's topped himself by now.
Didn't surprise me. Slipknot fucking sucks but have a larger following than Meshuggah. Anyone that knows anything about drumming knows that Tomas Haake is significantly better than Joey whateverthefuckhisnameis. In fact Tomas Haake is the best drummer in metal by quite a large margin. These kinds of bullshit lists are popularity contests, nothing more. How else could Adam fucking Jones make it to the final in a best guitarist contest? Fucking idiots.
Word. Just because he's my favourite, for what he does, doesn't make him the best.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I agree that Jones isn't the best but Mog's argument doesn't make sense in that case.

He beat fricking Slash after all. You telling me he's more popular than Slash? Or even Jeff Hanneman?
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig wrote:I agree that Jones isn't the best but Mog's argument doesn't make sense in that case.

He beat fricking Slash after all. You telling me he's more popular than Slash? Or even Jeff Hanneman?
In the world of the interwebz absolutely. Tool has a rabid fanbase. As soon as those lame ass contests went up and Blair posted about them on the website Tool fans voted en mass.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

MOG wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:I agree that Jones isn't the best but Mog's argument doesn't make sense in that case.

In the world of the interwebz absolutely. Tool has a rabid fanbase. As soon as those lame ass contests went up and Blair posted about them on the website Tool fans voted en mass.
Truth is still truth, even when you don't like it.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Slash has over a million followers on Twitter, which last I checked is on the internet. Jones has about 15k.

Now if you'd like to argue that the Jones fans voted repeatedly while Slash fans voted once, I'll totally concede that.
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Ravenpig wrote:Slash has over a million followers on Twitter, which last I checked is on the internet. Jones has about 15k.

Now if you'd like to argue that the Jones fans voted repeatedly while Slash fans voted once, I'll totally concede that.
Yes I am sure Jones fans voted repeatedly every hour on the hour. As I mentioned previously Tool fans are rabid and often delusional.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:Slash has over a million followers on Twitter, which last I checked is on the internet. Jones has about 15k.

Just because Slash has that many Twitter followers, doesn't mean that they all voted.

Nor, on the other hand, does anything imply that Jones' fans voted more than once.

You're a scholar, man, come on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

So what is your point then?

(I'm aware of how my posts get taken at times, so be aware that its a legit question)
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:So what is your point then?

(I'm aware of how my posts get taken at times, so be aware that its a legit question)
No point. Just pointing out the problem in what you said.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

And you're right.

But its just a possible explanation as to why Jones would ever beat Slash in a contest of this nature.
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Ravenpig wrote:And you're right.

But its just a possible explanation as to why Jones would ever beat Slash in a contest of this nature.
Oh, I totally assume that the fanbois just sat there and voted as many times as they could.

But I can't prove it.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Assuming Danny does well in this Loudwire "poll", is he gonna play and tape Lateralus on guitar for us?

Cause that would be fucking awesome.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea put a camera on his drum stick! Wait that sounds weird...
Hey! Denty!
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Krazy_blah wrote:Assuming Danny does well in this Loudwire "poll", is he gonna play and tape Lateralus on guitar for us?

The "best metal drummer" contest is a fucking joke. Tomas Haake shits on everyone else and fucking lost to Joey Suckacockslipknot Jordawhateverhisfuckingnameis. Pathetic. I am actually voting for Danny just for the simple fact that I cannot sit by and watch fucking Slipknot fanbois vote that overrated joke of a drummer into the next round. Danny doesn't even belong in this comp anyway. Don't get me wrong, DC is easily in the top 10 all time drummer conversation but Tool ain't metal.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Ravenpig wrote:Yea put a camera on his drum stick! Wait that sounds weird...
Dude, you are on to something. Of course, it would be cool to put a GoPro on Danny's head to get his POV....

But how about a GoPro on each wrist, and do a split screen... or a 4-way, with GoPro's for his feet as well...

Now THOSE are the kinds of things I want on the Tool BluRay collection extras discs.

Blair/Cheese - take some notes beeyatch.
Ki77aan :twisted:
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Kittaan wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:Yea put a camera on his drum stick! Wait that sounds weird...
Dude, you are on to something. Of course, it would be cool to put a GoPro on Danny's head to get his POV....

But how about a GoPro on each wrist, and do a split screen... or a 4-way, with GoPro's for his feet as well...

Now THOSE are the kinds of things I want on the Tool BluRay collection extras discs.

Blair/Cheese - take some notes beeyatch.
Ahem...

http://www.google.com/glass/start/what-it-does/

YouTube this stuff, there's some pretty cool shit out there- like hockey players shifts, etc.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

MOG wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:Assuming Danny does well in this Loudwire "poll", is he gonna play and tape Lateralus on guitar for us?

The "best metal drummer" contest is a fucking joke. Tomas Haake shits on everyone else and fucking lost to Joey Suckacockslipknot Jordawhateverhisfuckingnameis. Pathetic. I am actually voting for Danny just for the simple fact that I cannot sit by and watch fucking Slipknot fanbois vote that overrated joke of a drummer into the next round. Danny doesn't even belong in this comp anyway. Don't get me wrong, DC is easily in the top 10 all time drummer conversation but Tool ain't metal.
yeah I'm upset that Haake went out like that. he's a brutal magician. Tool is definitely not metal and I would've went Mangini over Carey only for that reason. it's a strange poll.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Like Lame Theater is metal either, Tool is just as metal as all those guys.

Stop your wank fest.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Tool are about as metal as most of the bands represented in that competition.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:Tool are about as metal as most of the bands represented in that competition.
Tool ain't metal.

Tomas Haake should have walked away with that competition. Dumb fucks.

Since DC is in he better fucking beat Portnoy in the next round. Fucking Dream Theater is the second most overrated band of all time behind Radiohead and even tho Portnoy is no longer with DT he is still a pretentious cunt. Think Maynard behind a Drum kit. A dude I know who is a drum tech worked for Portnoy during one tour and confirmed that he is a certified cunt.

Fuck Portnoy. Fuck Dream Theater. Go Danny. Fuck Tool.
'][' [[]] [[]] ][,
RIP

Post by '][' [[]] [[]] ][, »

Portnoy is a fuckin' turd.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

^ Word

Looks like Lombardo is beating him thankfully. Dave Lombardo vs DC in the semis.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

It's a fucking magazine poll on generalized 'metal drummers'. The entire deal's a pile of shit. It's hard to have a 'metal poll' (hur hur) with only 2 or 3 metal musicians.

If we're turning this into a skill thing, at this point DC should take it all. Fuck the competition, and yeah 'fuck tool' aside, DC tops the list.

Keep the votes up buddy..
also, Avatar!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Well, all polls are questionable on some level... the Adam win was patently ridiculous because of the category he was in. I don't really see any way to justify him being a "Shredder" in any genre. Just makes zero sense.

Now, with this drummer poll, at the very least, the category Danny is in is "Technical Master". Granted most of the candidates are questionable in terms of being "Metal", but genres are a joke for the most part anyway.

Remove the "Metal" label and Danny kicks complete arse over anyone in that list as a Technician.
Ki77aan :twisted: