Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by not tyson »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS ADAM JONES THIS SPITEFUL ABOUT LOSING?? :lol: SERIOUSLY

[youtube][/youtube]
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

Not Tyson wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS ADAM JONES THIS SPITEFUL ABOUT LOSING?? :lol: SERIOUSLY

[youtube][/youtube]
What is that video? It won't play.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

As hinted in the last newsletter it seems that fishing is happening:

Also it appears Adam is or has been in London recently.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Ettan wrote:HB: That picture was uploaded 2011.

Here's some other cool photos of him.
Thanks Ettan - I recognise almost all the other photos there, just the water one seems to be sitting outside of my memory.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:As hinted in the last newsletter it seems that fishing is happening:

Also it appears Adam is or has been in London recently.

They can fish all they want to damn near high heaven.....just as long as that album o' theirs is recorded by year's end.

Wonder how Maynard's going with them lyrics? I have heard previously that he wrote all the lyrics to Lateralus in, like, a month.

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Calfium Jay wrote:

They can fish all they want to damn near high heaven.....just as long as that album o' theirs is recorded by year's end.

Wonder how Maynard's going with them lyrics? I have heard previously that he wrote all the lyrics to Lateralus in, like, a month.

Blair told me once that Maynard is a very quick lyric writer, and hinted that when he gets involved the process would move quite quickly from there. Quickly enough that they will record by years end? I'm not so sure.

It does appear that they are at a point where Maynard is busy with the wine harvest, so perhaps the ball is in his court for now. Once the wine harvest is done, I expect we'll know quite quickly if they're going to record this year or not.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Actually, thinking back, it was from a Triple J interview with Tool themselves, when they toured here for the Lateralus album, that I heard about Maynard's prowess with the written word. I remember them saying at the time that the music for Lateralus took ages, but the lyrics were done in a month. And I would be surprised if he hasn't already started and indeed perhaps even finished a number of songs by now.

Hopefully they'll record by December. I think that's probably when they'll start.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

He wrote Lateralus in a month?

Props.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:

Blair told me once that Maynard is a very quick lyric writer, and hinted that when he gets involved the process would move quite quickly from there. Quickly enough that they will record by years end? I'm not so sure.

It does appear that they are at a point where Maynard is busy with the wine harvest, so perhaps the ball is in his court for now. Once the wine harvest is done, I expect we'll know quite quickly if they're going to record this year or not.
^ Not gunna happnnnnn - Your favorite band sucks - Oh but in the department of good news Russian Circles new album is out in a little over a month. Fun fact... when Memorial comes out in October, they will have released 5 albums in 7 years. All of them outstanding. Professional musicians. I know that concept is lost on TTFers but it IS possible to put out an album faster than every 5-8 years.
Baahumbug
Fanboi
Height: 6’1

Post by Baahumbug »

If going multi platinum sucks I guess tool is pathetic..... Russian circles is SO AWESOME ...sorry that was my attempt at a joke, they blow
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Mog, how would you judge a band like GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR? They've been a band for nearly 20 years, have only released 4 albums and an EP, and to top it off, it took them 10 years to release their latest record. The music is utterly breathtaking, but come on, how "unprofessional" can you be, right?
Last edited by children on Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

children wrote:Mog, how would you judge a band like GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR. They've been a band for nearly 20 years, have only released 4 albums and an EP, and to top it off, it took them 10 years to release their latest record. The music is utterly breathtaking, but come on, how "unprofessional" can you be, right?
I think they rock!

I don't really care how long it takes a band to put out new music. I'll listen to it when it's done... no need to get all worked up over stupid shit like that :lol:
Professor of Lesbian Science
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Not Tyson wrote:He wrote Lateralus in a month?

Props.
^ What he said!
Professor of Lesbian Science
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

basejumper wrote:
children wrote:Mog, how would you judge a band like GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR. They've been a band for nearly 20 years, have only released 4 albums and an EP, and to top it off, it took them 10 years to release their latest record. The music is utterly breathtaking, but come on, how "unprofessional" can you be, right?
I think they rock!

I don't really care how long it takes a band to put out new music. I'll listen to it when it's done... no need to get all worked up over stupid shit like that :lol:
My point exactly. You've got a good head on your shoulders, my friend...
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Get a room!
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Russian Circles are awesome - they just released a single from Memorial on Soundcloud with Chelsea Wolfe vox - have a listen. She's hawt.

Paid $20 to see them last October in a warehouse in Hong Kong - epic gig - make the effort to see them if you can.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

Russian Circles are alright but there is something lacking.
They find a riff and extend it without going to different soundscapes- feels flat a lot of the time.
I still think Sleepmakeswaves have a lot more depth when it comes to instrumental music.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

children wrote:Mog, how would you judge a band like GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR? They've been a band for nearly 20 years, have only released 4 albums and an EP, and to top it off, it took them 10 years to release their latest record. The music is utterly breathtaking, but come on, how "unprofessional" can you be, right?
Fuck you really need to do your research. Godspeed officially went on hiatus/broke up for almost 8 years. They didn't spend years talking about working on an album and say they were actually working on an album and say the album would be out soon and continue to work on the album while finishing up other side project albums and jerking it on fishing trips and then say they are REALLYYYY working on an album THIS time and then nope no album and oh wait....ooops false start. Yeahhhhhhh you get the point. Godspeed got back together a few years ago and Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! got released last year. Christ you are an idiot.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

MOG wrote:
children wrote:Mog, how would you judge a band like GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR? They've been a band for nearly 20 years, have only released 4 albums and an EP, and to top it off, it took them 10 years to release their latest record. The music is utterly breathtaking, but come on, how "unprofessional" can you be, right?
Fuck you really need to do your research. Godspeed officially went on hiatus/broke up for almost 8 years. They didn't spend years talking about working on an album and say they were actually working on an album and say the album would be out soon and continue to work on the album while finishing up other side project albums and jerking it on fishing trips and then say they are REALLYYYY working on an album THIS time and then nope no album and oh wait....ooops false start. Yeahhhhhhh you get the point. Godspeed got back together a few years ago and Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! got released last year. Christ you are an idiot.
If i remember correctly, TOOL went on hiatus for a few years after 10,000 Days, and have only been talking about writing the new album since around 2009/2010 (it's 2013, do the math; that is hardly any time at all really). Then when they attempt to answer the constant questions (that they obviously have no answers for yet) about the album, people like you call them out and say they're liars, and they're lazy, and don't care about what the fans want (which is fucking respectable i might add). They just want to live their life and do what they love doing (making music), which is exactly what they want US to do if you paid attention, but we're too busy wasting our time here instead of creating something beautiful. GODDAMN WE NEED TO TAKE A FUCKING HINT!

Also, GODSPEED doesn't have anywhere near the hype that surrounds TOOL. They had the option to come and go quietly without being harassed by rabid fans and criticized by people who take music WAY too seriously...
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

doors wrote:Russian Circles are alright but there is something lacking.
They find a riff and extend it without going to different soundscapes- feels flat a lot of the time.
I still think Sleepmakeswaves have a lot more depth when it comes to instrumental music.
saw both of them live in recent times ... SMW were nowhere near as good as RC
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
sublime5446
Fanboi

Post by sublime5446 »

It was definately 2009 not 2009/10 lol. The math says its going On 5 years since they said they started working on the album. I honestly don't care, it'll happen when it happens, unless they call it quits. Either way I'm sure were pretty much in the home stretch. I think Maynard will write all the lyrics while harvesting, then Shortly after harvest they'll announce their getting ready to enter the studio, bada-bing bada-boom presto change-o 6-9 months later your holding a new tool cd.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

Okay, fine, so they began work on the album in 2009, but do you really think that they made any actual progress on the album during that year. They probably were just getting their feet wet at that time and most likely didn't make any real headway on the new album until well into 2010, and that was probably just scratching the surface.

The writing process is exponential. At first it starts off very slowly, then gradually picks up pace and becomes easier as the pieces fall into place and the album takes shape. We have to understand that not even the band knows how the album will turn out in the end. They've said themselves that the artistic process is a mystery to them...
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

I believe this album WILL be their best. Each member seems to be at a good place in life, and they're wise old men now; it will be apparent in the music.

Maynard especially is going to deliver the most amazing lyrics we have ever seen, based on the amount of creativity that he is involved in at this point. History has shown that the busier Maynard is, the better the music; particularly TOOL music, and we have never heard a TOOL record written with the creative juices from PUSCIFER and wine making...
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

children wrote:and have only been talking about writing the new album since around 2009/2010 (it's 2013, do the math; that is hardly any time at all really)
?!?!?!!?!?

:shock: